“Far from special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Rawlins

You added Days Inn Rawlins to your Saves list
Days Inn Rawlins
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 East Cedar Street, I-80 & US 287, Rawlins, WY 82301   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Rawlins
New York City, New York
“Far from special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I didn't enjoy my stay at this Days Inn. I had reserved this room several months ahead with a special request to be on a certain side of the building. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk said no problem, gave me a room number and an entrance door to which is normally the closest door to the room. Wrong, I parked at the door that he told me, and had to walk to the other end of the building to my room. The room was no place near where I requested, he told me the motel is sold out, and he can't swap rooms. It gave me the impression that the front desk clerk wasn't aware of the floor layout. It was 11pm, and I was tired, so I let it go. As I was unloading my car, I did notice many dark rooms with the drapes open, giving me the impression that they were not sold out.

The next morning, I spoke to the manager, she told me the area of the motel that I requested were all smoking rooms, and I requested a non-smoking room. I booked the room using Days Inn website, I had to give them my email address, they have no problems sending me junk emails, why couldn't they have sent me an email informing me they can't honor my special request?

Other than that issue, the motel is in fair condition (Days Inn standards, which are not too high). The room was clean and well set up. There were a couple of annoying things, the toilet handle had to be held down during the complete flush cycle, and the motel room door squeaked very loud. I felt bad for the other guests in that hallway while opening & closing the door at 11:30pm while I unloaded my car. There was a nice breakfast set up in what looked like a former hotel restaurant near the lobby. You had to hand-in a guest pass to eat there, which is not too popular, is looting for breakfast a problem in this one horse town?
It wasn't a 5 star breakfast, not even 2 stars, just breakfast!

There is one other comment I will make, another TripAdvisor user wrote that the motel is not in the best part of town. That is incorrect. This is actually the newer area of Rawlins located near Interstate 80. Next door is a newer Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and a Hampton Inn is across the road. These motels are never located in bad areas. Service stations and fast food restaurants are also nearby. I didn't have an unsafe feeling in this area or in Rawlins in general.

Room Tip: Avoid this property if you have a special request.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
having corresponded with this guest, I want to thank him and say the issues have been addressed. This guest did book ahead at Days Inn Worldwide. We have no control on its email publicity. The problem is that the front desk clerk was new, and on his first day. He made some mistakes which have been addressed by an entire staff training session and our continuing staff seminars.
The guest wanted to be on the side facing the railroad, which should have been done, but the clerk did not understand that, though smoking rooms only face that side, our rooms are almost perfectly non smoke smelling due to our excellent housekeeping staff.
The comment on toilet and squeeky door was immediately addressed. This is a rare occurrence, but, as with any business, it can happen. The guest indicated he will be returning to our motel in the future. We have recently done a lot of upgrades,including top quality pillow top mattresses, new hallway and other area carpeting, repainting the building and we expect you will enjoy our facility.
We offer an exercise room, free popcorn and cookies, a photo gallery and free book exchange plus clean comfortable rooms.
We want you to feel like a welcoming family is waiting for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Westminster, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Hallways were smelly and dirty, wasn't given a no smoking room as requested, only had one washcloth in bathroom, there was mold in the shower, its was very dated, and not the best part of town. We also had to wait for 20 minutes to get a key. This was way overpriced it shouldn't have cost more than $40.00 a night. Stay away

Room Tip: You don't get what you request so don't bother
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This seemed to be an older well-used property. The rooms were fine but the halls and entry smelled smokey. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but the cookies at check in were good and the breakfast was okay and a nice service. The front clerk was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: maybe ask for one close to the pool. We were on the outside and heard the train a good share of the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

It's a Days Inn, so we knew it would be nice. The staff was very friendly and cheerful. They were very helpful with any and all questions that I asked and very courteous.
The rooms were good sized and nice and clean. Breakfast was very good.
We most definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at this Days Inn for one night while heading up to Yellowstone Park. The facility is a bit dated, but the rooms were fresh and comfortable, and priced similarly to other hotels in the area. Any questions we had were handled courteously by the desk staff. The breakfast menu had a decent selection, all-in-all a good place to spent a night.

Rawlins itself didn't have much to offer other than being a railroad town, but as a mid-trip layover point there were quite a few motels/hotels, so something must be going on there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

it's a Days Inn so you should know what to expect really. Nice, clean, friendly staff, and good sized rooms at a good price. Nothing really nearby and was pretty quiet, but then again nothing nearby. If you're looking for a nice clean place to stay while traveling in the $50-75 price range this will do as well as any other.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Roosevelt, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

WARNING: This motel does no book rooms online. We had booked a room online only to arrive and be told they do not take online reservations. I thought the bed was uncomfortable, but my husband thought it was okay. The bathroom had mildew or mold on the tile. Other than that the room was clean. Breakfast was okay but not great. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
ERRONEOUS REPORT- While we are sorry that the guest's alleged stay was not wonderful, we work hard to make sure all stays are fantastic.
DAYS INN TAKES ONLINE BOOKING- This report is fully in error. We have daily online bookings. I do not know what allegedly happened, but all front desk staff know we take online bookings and it is in their training.
Since this guest stayed in August, it is possible they stayed while the actual breakfast room was being upgraded and the temporary breakfast room had some issues which were solved. Now, we again have one of the best FREE Continental Breakfasts in Wyoming.
We constantly work hard to improve our motel and upgrade the guests experiences, which includes the change from beds with removable pillow tops ( a step above the Days Inn requirements) to pillow top mattresses. These are fantastic and we have never had a complaint with the pillow top mattresses. . If you try our motel, you will be delighted!!!!!

Been to Days Inn Rawlins? Share your experiences!