“Lovely place to stay in Rawlins” 5 of 5 stars

812 Locust Street, Rawlins, WY 82301 (Formerly Microtel Inn Rawlins)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Rawlins
Topeka
“Lovely place to stay in Rawlins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on August 10th on our way to Yellowstone. It was close to the highway, yet a nice setting close to the mountain range in behind. We liked the fact that it was out away from the busy traffic. Plenty of parking. The rooms were exceptionally nice, very ckean, mattresses very comfortable, and plenty of space in the room for all of your luggage. The continental breakfast consisted of chess omelets, bacon potatoes and gravy, toast, muffins, and hot and cold cereals. The breakfast was exceptionally good. We would definitely recommend this motel!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl M, Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We are happy that your stay was satisfactory and that every need was met. Here at the Microtel, our guests comes first and we aim to provide the highest quality customer service and accommodations for our guests, we are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and we appreciate your business, I hope you had a safe trip to Yellowstone.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were looking for a clean, comfortable room. Nothing fancy. The Microtel fit the bill perfectly. The cost was reasonable, the room clean with everything working. The staff was friendly and efficient.

When reviewing hotels, I am judging the hotel by what it is, not against all hotels in the world. I am rating my stay here as 5 stars. Of course this is not one of the world's elite hotels. But for a budget find in Rawlins, WY, we had no complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheryl M, Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We are happy that you were pleased with the accommodation and services that we provided for you here at the Microtel. We do appreciate your business and we are very pleased to have gotten a five star rating from our guest and it's nice to know that we've exceeded your ecpectations, thanks for your stay, come back and visit us soon.
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

One of the best Microtel Inns I’ve stayed at. Very clean and well maintained. Much better than expected breakfast. Up-to-date rooms with flat screen, fridge and microwave. Nice in-room work area.

It is right next to I-80, so there could be noise issues on that side. I requested a room on the other side and had no noise issues at all.

They are no longer part of the Wyndham group and will soon be dropping the Microtel name. No one I talked to could tell me when, or what the new name will be, but you don’t get Wyndham Rewards points for staying there and it is no longer listed on the Wyndham website.

It’s located on the other side of I-80 from America’s Best Value, Subway, and the TA gas station, so it’s easy to find.

Room Tip: Close to Interstate so could be truck noise on that side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
We do apprecaite your stay here at the Microtel and we are happy to know that your stay was a great experience and that you enjoyed the wonderful amenities that we offer, and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This was the nicest hotel we have been in since our trip acrossed the United States.

A total of 45 days in different hotels, and this one is at the top.
From helping us open a package by finding us scissors, recommending a good place to eat to having a nice breakfast layout. I will recommend this place to everyone. As the prices are a great value for the service that is given.

• Stayed April 2012
Melinda M, General Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I am pleased that you had such a wonderful experience at our motel. This type of customer service is what we strive for at the Microtel. As always, we appreciate you taking the time to report your experience while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hamilton, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This place surprised me, it looks fine on the outside, nothing special, but inside it is flawlessly clean, not one single complaint. Great rate and pet friendly. Regina the receptionist with beautiful curly hair was super friendly and I would never stay anywhere else when I am in Rawlins. Free WIFI, and a wonderful free breakfast. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melinda M, General Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we always appreciate our guests feedback. The Microtel Team looks forward to seeing you again.
Gilroy, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Wow. I really miss the old manager. (Justin?) I had stayed here last fall & was really impressed with the cleanlines of the rooms & the personal service offered by the manager. On this last stay, the rooms were not as clean, but they were not filthy either. The place had seemed to have lost it's polished look. The biggest surprise however, was the rate increase of $25. I asked the clerk to check my history to see what I had paid last time I was there & she verified that it was indeed much lower a few months ago. She explained that management had made a rate increase. (wow). I had always looked forward to staying at this hotel when I was out west so I agreed to the higher rate. I continued on further west the next day to California. On my way back, after completing my business, I stopped here again to get a room for the night. Now my room was yet another $5 higher than a few nights ago!! I once again asked the clerk to check my bill from the other night & she explained that the other clerk had charged me an incorrect rate. Now the rate was $30 higher than last fall. At these prices, I will stay at one of the higher end hotels just one exit down from this one. I feel this huge rate hike is just more than the room is worth. Maybe if the old manager was still there & you felt as though you were welcome instead of just another booking. No more for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for the lack of customer service you found at our hotel. We strive to make your experience the best possible and your feedback will help us do that. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

Im so saddened to report a decline in satisfaction and a steep incline in price. We travel for work and have been staying here every trip through Wyoming for the last year. There has been a management change and quality is rapidly declining. After being hit with a $20 per night rate increase, we then had to deal with dried coffee grounds and a dirty coffee pot from a previous guest. Then discovered the alarm clock was broken. The good hot breakfast was short eggs that were to be in around noon. (Too late). There were 'workers' sitting in the lobby drinking beer and watching tv. We ask for a room on top floor to ensure quiet. We were given a second floor room. Guess what? 5:00 a.m. we were stomped awake by the same rude inconsiderate mud tracking loud talking group that we ask to be separated from. The clerk seemed helpless and somewhat indifferent to our dissatisfaction. We rated this same hotel 5 stars just 5 months ago. This was our bright spot in this otherwise harsh road we have to travel. We will try one more time to reestablish our trust in this Microtel. If not, Holiday Inn Express and Quality Inn are only one exit away. We miss the former GM Dustin Neuhaus, he always kept things in great shape and new us by sight.

• Stayed March 2012
I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. We appreciate your feedback and will be making an effort to change those things you have mentioned. We hope to see you again.

Been to Pronghorn Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!