“Found bra, shoes, and toe nail clippers in 3 rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Powell

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Powell to your Saves list
Super 8 Powell
845 East Coulter Avenue, Alt 14, 3blks from center town, Powell, WY 82435-0136   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Powell

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Deadwood, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had three rooms booked here. When we checked in, none of the rooms had been vaccuumed, one room had a pair of the previous guests sandals still on the floor, and the second room had a purse and housekeeper check list in it, the 3rd room appeared to just be dirty, until we pulled the sheets back and found a bra in the bed! At this time I contacted the general manger to get my money back, she refunded it which I appreciated. She even called the housekeeper who "cleaned" our rooms back to work to fix her mistakes, but when we were walking out I heard the housekeeper say, "you told me that if the sheets look clean to leave them!" Unbelievable! I don't like writing bad reviews and if we only had a problem with one of the three rooms, I would not have. But in a case like this, I think it is warranted. The comforters and blankets had holes in them and the microwave still had food in it. We chose this property because it has an indoor pool but the water was so cloudy that you couldn't see the bottom, (it's only 5 foot deep). The bottom line is, this place is disgustingly dirty.

• Stayed July 2013
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

For a price of over a hundred bucks a night, I expected a lot more than this, and got a lot less than most Motel 6 stays. The motif appears to attempt "rustic west" with pine wood fixture trim and lobby with western motif. Breakfast was okay for a Super 8....but that was about it. Rooms...okay sized, but aged poorly. Both rooms had funky smells...and as it turned out, from previous pet stays...we found hairs from dogs of all sorts on the floor on closer inspection. Everybody in both rooms got a headache from the smell. The pool was tiny and floor exceedingly slippery. The bathroom in the pool area didn't have toilet paper for two days and the floor was constantly soaking wet. There are electric heaters in the pool area...strapped to the walls...but with plugs plugged in. WTF??? SHOCK HAZARD!!!! i will be reporting this to Super 8 corporate and OSHA. This is seriously messed up. The pool was also super cloudy. Overall....pay more and go elsewhere....unless you love dog hair. You don't get what you pay for here.

Room Tip: Best room is the one you don't get.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Powell hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I mean, it's a motel, right? Now that we've gotten that out of the way, this is a very well-maintained motel. I was legitimately impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms (and unfortunately quite well-acquainted with it, as I arrived in the midst of a bout of altitude sickness).

Yes, the furnishings and finishes in the room are dated, but they are clearly cleaned very frequently and thoroughly! Even the coffeemaker in the room was clean enough that when I used it to make a pot of tea it didn't taste at all of residual coffee.

Breakfast in the morning was standard fare- though again, an unexpectedly large number of options on the small things; types of oatmeal, types of creamer (Almond Joy? Chocolate Caramel? Of COURSE I'm ready to make bizarre decisions like this first thing in the morning and thank you for the option!).

The furniture in their lobby, reading and breakfast rooms is real, honest-to-god furniture. Not cheap, bulk hotel stuff, but tufted leather, carved wood, brass studs. All of this of course contributes to the rustic atmosphere...Super 8 Powell, cudos. Perhaps my view of you is retroactively boosted by the mental comparison to all of the other disgusting motels wherein I've previously had the displeasure to stay, but you are doing it well. I would actually return, if I were ever to find myself in Powell again, which is a statistical impossibility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Powell? Share your experiences!