“Best place we stayed over 2 week trip - Clearing up other misunderstandings reviewed on here too.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heart Six Guest Ranch

You added Heart Six Guest Ranch to your Saves list
Heart Six Guest Ranch
3.5 of 5 Ranch   |   16985 Buffalo Valley Rd, Moran, WY 83013   |
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

First, let me say, we absolutely loved staying here! We used this ranch as a hotel only, and did not use them for any activities. We stayed in the South Bear Cabin, which several staff members told us was their favorite cabin. It was beautiful! It sits up on a hill, has a porch with two person glider, and overlooks the grand tetons and the snake river (I posted a picture of the view below). Gorgeous! Inside, it is a log cabin and has a jacuzzi tub.

Now, this is cabin on a ranch a few miles outside of GTNP. Most, if not all cabins in the parks (at least Yellowstone) do not have tv's. So, we didn't expect one after staying at in park lodging for the past week in Yellowstone. And let me say, this place blew all of those out of the water. However, if t.v. is your thing, you can go to the lobby. It is wonderful in there. There are several rooms that offer different things from a big screen tv with a selection of movies, a pool table, comfortable chairs around the fire place, etc. There are several mounts all around the lobby that my boys absolutely loved. There is also a keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee, tea, and to go cups and lids. I simply went in there in the morning on my way out, and grabbed a coffee for the road. Actually, the lobby area was so nice that my husband and son wanted to go there most evenings to hang out for a while. We really enjoyed it.

The staff was around most of our visit. If they are not in the office, they leave a walkie talkie that you call the on call staff member on, day or night. We had to use that once when we locked our key in our room. The staff member answered right away, and came and helped us immediately.

Of everywhere we stayed (OF Inn and Lodge, Lake Lodge, and Mammoth), this was by far our favorite. We had such a good time here, and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights. Heart Six is in the middle of nowhere. The scenery is great. The horses are friendly. Our cabin was rustic, but, nice. Since hunting season was about to start, we couldn't ride the horses. I guess those hunters might shoot the horses, or us, instead of whatever they are trying to shoot. Kind of worrying. The chef's wife had just had a baby; so, no dinner on the premises. A good breakfast was available for a reasonable cost. No tv in cabins. No ac in cabins (not unusual for WY). They were winding down for the season so it was very quiet. What little staff we saw were very friendly and considerate. Our cabin, although warm during the day, got quite cold at night so the staff found us heaters. Overall, a very nice place but it would have been a lot better earlier in the season.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fern Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I just returned from a girls riding vacation at the Heart Six Ranch. Seven of us went for 5 days and had some incredible rides. We have done several riding vacations around the world and this trip jumped to the top. All seven of us were very pleased with our horses. The scenery on very ride was breath taking. The entire staff at Heart Six go out of their way to make sure you have a great vacation. Thank you most of all to Becky for actually making this trip happen. You are wonderful and we all appreciate everything you did to get us there. Our cabins were perfect. To sit out on our porch and just soak up the view was so wonderful after a long days ride. If you are dreaming of a riding vacation, you can wake up at the Heart Six and that dream will come true.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cullman, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband previously posted a review under my name that was titled, "Mouse in the House". I couldn't figure out a way to comment or post my own review without setting up another account, so I have pulled the original so that I can add my opinion to his. He rates a 1 for terrible and I rate a 3 for average, thus our combined average rating of 2. Please read both of our reviews below:
"Mouse in the House" by Brian Roberson, who rated a 1 for terrible:
Let me start by saying that we used the ranch as a hotel only and did not utilize the horses or some of the other services.
With that said help in the lobby was basically non existent. No coffee in the lobby in the morning.
The room... No television, crappy single cup coffee maker, the room was not dirty but not clean either. We topped everything off with a visitor in the middle of the night (deer mouse) that decided he was entitled to help himself to the snacks on the dresser. No Wifi in the rooms and actually had no cell service in the room either. The bed was so worn on one side (my side) that I felt like a taco trying to sleep.
After seeing the news article about two deaths at Yosemite due to Hantavirus caused from deer mice the very next day we were understandably a little creeped out.

And now "Her version of Mouse in the House":
Heart Six has a beautiful view and a comfortable environment. Our cabin room wasn't all that I expected after viewing online pics, but it was ok. We enjoyed the Saturday evening cookout on the lawn, the meal was healthy and delicious. We met a family from Boston who were checking out the next day and they told us about their weeklong visit there - sounds like they had a fabulous trip. Yes, the staff was pretty non-existent during our time there but it was over the weekend and it appears that the majority of their activities go on during the week, so that was understandable PLUS we never had any major issues/questions and were gone most of the time so that was not a problem. The coffeepot was small but not any smaller than coffeepots I've seen in other hotels. Yes, it would have been nice if there was coffee in the lobby, but this was a guest ranch, not a hotel, so I didn't expect it. I knew beforehand that there wouldn't be a TV in the room but I didn't realize how this would impact my husband, so that's my bad for not discussing this with him before booking (the other place we stayed, Jackson Lake Lodge, didn't have TV's in the rooms either). The bed was comfortable to me (the 2nd night we swapped sides and my hubby said it was more comfortable). As for the mouse, it was cute and we weren't even going to complain until we heard about the Hantevirus scare at Yosemite. So major lesson learned here...when you see a mouse, don't be like me and think about Stuart Little and sweet Fievel just trying to survive; instead you should be concerned because these cute little creatures carry serious diseases and germs and this can be dangerous. As for the cell service and minimal Wifi (lobby only), I welcomed a break from the electronics but then, that's just my preference. To each his own, hunh? :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Heart Six Guest Ranch, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
We appreciate these folks business but we'd like clear up some misstatements. First, ALL our beds are new and they are tempur pedic, second our cabins are VERY CLEAN, and all linens are NEW each season. Our decor is new in each room with fine art and very expensive furniture. Our cabins are over 60 years old and as much as we'd like to eliminate the mice completely and we take measures to do so, we are 35 miles in the mountains of Wyoming, we don't represent ourselves as a hotel and we're very clear we DO NOT HAVE TV in ANY rooms. We also are very clear that we DO HAVE HAVE INTERNET in ANY ROOMS. We do offer internet and a FLAT SCREEN 60" TV for FREE in the lodge which is open 24 hours a day. In regard to coffee, we have NEW single cup coffee makers in each room and we also have a KEURIG commercial coffee maker in the lodge which is also FREE and it's fresh as you make it one cup at at time. It sounds like these folks needed to select a HOTEL instead of a Western Ranch Experience.
We'd welcome these folks again for FREE to experience what the Heart Six really is all about. We have HUGE numbers of very happy guests who have posted here and we proud of our service.
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a great 2 week family vacation through UT, MT, WY and back to CO. We stayed in a variety of places including a gorgeous hotel, tipis, National Park cabins and the Heart 6. The Heart 6 was really special. My kids loved the freedom they had to explore the ranch and play with the kittens. I loved the people there and the view of the Tetons outside our cozy, clean cabin. There was coffee available at all times in the main house and a restaurant next door for a big breakfast. The Heart 6 has a great cookout spot where they do a fantastic breakfast, only once a week though, I think. The family that runs the ranch is terrific, and their extended family of friends are really great, too. When you book your reservation, it's best to call them directly and ask about the activities and events schedule. You may get to see one of the ranch hands ride a bull in the Jackson rodeo! I a mso glad we got to stay at the Heart 6 and we hope to return next summer.

Room Tip: We liked the cabin that had the view out the front of the Tetons. We had a queen bed and our 4 and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is really cool, its in a nice quiet location and the staff and very friendly and the service excellent, the rooms are quaint and very clean. The added bonus is the cafe at the end of the road that serves great meals and is very popular with locals and tourists.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The pictures do not lie. The setting is gorgeous. Wonderful staff. Loved the riding opportunities. Great breakfasts at the Buffalo Valley Cafe down the hill. (Dinner at the ranch was a big disappointment.) My cabin was beautiful and very comfortable. Also very short trip into GTNP. I live in a urban, multi-family dwelling, so I'm used to noise. But I was certainly grateful to have ear plugs here. My cabin was next to the walk-in fridge/storage room, and the room shook every time the staff exited it with a big SLAM of the door. The other cabin wall was so thin I could hear every word my neighbors said. With a front door that almost opened onto the pool, I was relieved it wasn't yet "open" for the season. I would definitely stay here again, but I think it's better suited for families than a "solo" traveler because of the activities.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Heart Six Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!