“Quick Stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moran
San Francisco, California
“Quick Stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stumbled acrosss the Hatchet Resort by chance. The hotels in Grand Teton were full and they suggested we try them. The rooms were kind of cool, they are made of log and kind of felt like a little cabin. The room we were in was very small, but the front desk warned us before we booked. I would not recommend this room for a long stay, but for the night it was fine. I happened to look at the other room and it was much bigger and had two beds instead of the one. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and the restaurants were good as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

loved staying at the Hatchet. it was very quaint and well kept, very clean. Savannah was awesome on the phone making the reservation and in person at the front desk, she could not have been nicer-she made my experience great. thanks so much for all your help and I really hope think you'd like staying at this resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Granger, In
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When we arrived at the motel, I walked in and the clerk was in another room, on the phone, with her back to the doorway. I made enough noise coming thru the door that she should have heard me, but she continued talking without any acknowledgement. I went back to the door and told my wife she was on the phone. She came on inside and we purposely slammed the door, thinking the clerk would at least turn around. Then my wife said, "Is anybody here?" Still no response. So we had to stand there until the girl was done talking on the phone.

What do you do? We were tired, we had traveled a long way on our Harley, we were in the boondocks, and mostly we had reserved the room and would have been charged even if we didn't stay there.

So, we shook it off and spent the night in a somewhat antiquated, fairly small room.
And, I don't know if its protocol for the motel, but every light on the property went off after dark; first time in any motel we've ever stayed at. It was a once in a lifetime experience for us.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in the cabin (we had two queen beds) and thought it was nice. The cabins have the typical "log cabin" feel and were quite spacious. The bathroom was updated with a beautiful grey stone shower and was very clean. My husband felt that the bed was lower at the sides and higher in the middle. He said he felt like he was rolling toward the edge of the bed each night. I would go back to the Hatchet Resort again and recommend it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Evanston, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

A friend of my wife and I had their wedding at the Hatchet Resort in July. The hotel took great care of everyone that stayed with them. The Whetstone facility was amazing and a great spot to have the reception. They had rented a tent and placed it on the West side of the property so we had views of the mountains. Ron and the restaurant staff did a great job to ensure everyone was taken care of. On the other end Pat and Savannah at the front desk took care of all of our needs.
The rooms looked a bit dated but they were clean and comfortable. It looks like they updated the bathrooms recently. We had an opportunity to see one of the suites that my sister stayed in and they were much newer and again well maintained.
I would recommend tis property to anyone I know going to the area. Comfortable, friendly, and rustic everything I would look for in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Viborg, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Needed a place to stay on a trip to the Grand Teton National Park.
Place was full, but he had a single room left upstairs. The room was not "ready" but we were shown a couple of pictures. We got the key and went for a trip.
Some hours later we returned and got the first look at our room. And saw what the pics did NOT show: The only clothes hook dangling from a single screw - of course you could use one of the multitude of screws sticking out of the walls. The blankets substituting curtains -fixed in place with pins! The so called closet under the roof, with bare insulation sticking out, ready to make you itch. And the empty beer bottle and -glass lying on a spare pillow in the "closet".
The beds are -well OK. Except that they squeak so much that you wake every time you turn in your sleep. Seriously!!
To round it off, the bath tub is angled so much that you are afraid of falling as you shower -slippery as it gets.
We do not know about the cabins. They look good on paper.....
But if you want to try your luck, be sure to take a good look -especially at the so called "Hostel-rooms" upstairs.
We'd rather stay in Jackson!!

Marion, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at the Hatchet Resort. I had read previous ratings on Tripadvisor recommending that we NOT stay there, but we had already booked and were satisfied with our stay. It was very peaceful, and the walls there were no thinner than at any other motel/hotel. The breakfasts were good, the selection at the bar was very satisfactory, and the employees were helpful and friendly. Our only concern was the very small size of our room which would have fit two hobbits better than two adults. However, it was clean.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room with two beds to make sure it's big enough for two people.