“An oasis in the middle of nowhere.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little America Hotel

You added Little America Hotel to your Saves list
Little America Hotel
Intersection of I-80 and US 30, 6945 State Hwy 374, Little America, WY 82929   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little America
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mpls, MN
“An oasis in the middle of nowhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The motel is easy to see from the highway. It consists of many buildings - mostly rooms, one restaurant, one truck stop/gift shop. Most of the rooms are on ground level, but some buildings had a 2nd floor. The grassy areas were neat and trimmed and the outside of the buildings were well maintained. A very quaint look to the area. The staff were extremely helpful and genial. We ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant (there is no continental breakfast). The food was very good. Although the room décor is older, the room was clean and very well maintained. We didn't hear any noise from the other guests. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Glendora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

As a child my family stopped to see what was here but, as a US Navy family could not afford to stay overnight. On my recent trip I expected the cost to be much more so was pleasantly surprised at the selection of rooms & prices. The room was fairly large with mid 20th century vintage furniture. It was a wonderful first floor corner room! So comfortable, clean, well supplied, & free wifi. Although a complimentary breakfast was not included ... Breakfast at the restaurant was the best I had on my ten day trip. I had a generous bacon & egg breakfast with the best bacon I have had anywhere ... I posted it to my FaceBook page with rave reviews for my friends!! I would go back just for breakfast! Well worth the decades I waited to come back to Little America!

Room Tip: The downstairs corner room was large ... A/C was quiet & efficient. I did not hear any noise fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved Little America in Little America, WY. It's the only building in town. Very neat and a tourist attraction in itself. It was recommended to me by the owner of another motel chain. If your nearby and can make it for the night, try and get there. You will be pleasently surprised. Not your typical motel room setup. Ours ended up with a king in one room and a double in another, nice and roomy. $0.50 ice cream for the kids. and a nice restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've stopped at Little America before, but had never stayed at the hotel until last night. We're moving, so we have a u-haul with a trailer, and I was more certain of finding parking for our rig here than at any place in Evanston. The rates were good, so we booked via priceline. When we arrived, we found out they hadn't received our reservation and the clerk whose gender I never quite determined couldn't get into the computer system. After calling price line and going through their phone menus to get an agent, I finally got it sorted out and checked in. We were very happy with the room once we arrived, and I slept very well that night. The room was small, but well furnished and very clean. Breakfast at the restaurant was surprisingly good, but I was hoping for a free continental breakfast. The shower worked well, too. No complaints about our accomdations, just check in.

• Stayed September 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed in a really nice room in Green River / Rock Springs Wy. on our way home from Yellowstone Nat. Part. In August. We had always wanted to stay at a Little America Hotel but it was a little pricy. Lo' and behold a quick check on line found us a room at a really great price. The room was so nice it was hard to believe it was cheaper then the Super 8 in West Yellowstone and so much nicer.
no microwave, fridge, or "free" breakfast. Didn't care because the room and staff were excellent. Wegot our money's worth for sure. Thank you Little America.
No doubt we would stay again.

Room Tip: A room away form the main building was the one best for us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Clean quiet room. Rooms in Idaho were $124.00 for one night. Little America was much more reasonable and available even at 2AM . After a very long trip Little America was a welcome sight. Our dog was also allowed for a pet fee. We will always stop at this well maintained truck stop/ hotel in the middle of no where.

Room Tip: If you have a pet the rooms are not the most modern but they are clean and very comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Little America is a gigantic truck stop on I-80. The trucks and passenger car areas are quite separate. Their are even separate cafes and gift shops, and the dining room is remarkably good for a truck stop location. While the hotel is a great deal for clean, spacious, and quiet rooms, the location is purely for those "on the road". There are motorcycles coming and going all night, folks drinking beer in front of their rooms, and the rooms are definitely retro. Unless you are looking for a bargain and arriving late, I'd consider staying instead at the nearby lovely and interesting towns of Rawlins or Green River just a few minutes east on the interstate. There are many dining choices, and Green River's setting is stunning.

Room Tip: Some of the buildings are pretty far from the dining room, but the furthest building has a nice poor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Little America Hotel? Share your experiences!