“Still a great place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little America Hotel

You added Little America Hotel to your Saves list
Little America Hotel
Intersection of I-80 and US 30, 6945 State Hwy 374, Little America, WY 82929   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little America
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. George, Utah
“Still a great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

It's been years since we stayed, but we are glad we came again. This is a great refuge along I-80. The rooms are very clean. The older rooms are smaller and show their dated age with pink and blue tiles in the bathroom and green chairs. We had a king in the older section. Bedding was nice and comfortable. This would be five stars if they upgraded the older rooms. Still it was a good stay and a very good value, booked at the last minute along the road. Staff were excellent. Recommend that you ask for a room around the pool area if that's an option as they are the newer rooms and are much nicer from what we remember. Restaurant is open late and food was good and reasonable.

Room Tip: Newer rooms in the newer buildings are larger and more up to date.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Client wanted assistance at his Client's Wyoming facility just out of Green River. It has been a few years since I was had been in the area so asked where to stay. Made the reservation and made my way to another spot on the map. Do not remember ever staying here so needed to get my bearings for the layout is not typical. There is a restaurant and a small store, as well a series of buildings with the rooms.
It was late evening and upon walking in to the building to register I was greeted with a friendly smile and nod like I was a local. He commented that the restaurant would be open a bit longer if I needed to grab a bit to eat. The gesture was heart felt and appreciated after a long drive.
Not expecting anything special I was pleased to find the rooms very clean a spacious. The internet worked well and the bed was comfortable. In short a solid value.
The breakfast in the morning had very good service and food was fresh and tasty. Same with dinner, very good service and food fresh. So if you are ever passing through going west or east on I-80 it is worth stopping and getting some rest a bit to eat. You will feel right at home

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

just a terrific hotel ( stayed in a deluxe room overlooking the swimming pool - although was wintertime) in the rooms are very large well appointed. Free Wi-Fi and a great flatscreen TV. This is the flagship/ first hotel in the little America chain and is just a delight to find a hotel of this quality literally than that look nowhere. Couple things should note that it is connected to a travel center ( truck stop), however none of the trucks are anywhere near the hotel. There is no laundry service available through the rooms.... but if you want to go over to the truck stop and spend a couple hours and a few dozen quarters you can get your laundry done there. Should mention the meals in the coffee shop and restaurant are just outstanding and are truly some of the largest meals I have ever had. Good quality food and nothing fancy. So I would not order an expensive steak but anything else on the menu is excellent. Do not ask for any ground or cracked pepper as they do not have any in the staff appeared to be stunned when I asked for fresh ground pepper on my salad and steak. After a few minutes thinking back and said I do not think we Ground or cracked pepper. Services is very steady and there is nothing to complain about. Early morning in the coffee shop is right out of the movies with everybody talking to each other at the counter and the waitress flirting with the customers. I have stayed here numerous times over the years and highly recommend it. I have not found a hotel in Green River or Rock Springs that is in the year close to the caliber of this hotel.

Room Tip: Tuesday deluxe room on the second floor in the building by the swimming pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I needed a room at the last minute when the I-80 was closed due to snow and ice and high winds. They gave us a good last minute AAA deal. We stayed in the second story of their hotel in a king bed. Could have been comfier but we sleep on a Tempurpedic at home so we are a little spoiled :) The room was immaculate, lots of coffees, hot chocolates and teas. The amenities in the bathroom were top notch - their shampoo, lotion and bubble bath compete with any four star hotels in my opinion! I luxuriated in a bath - after a subzero day on the road that felt good! Even though we got in late (8pm) the cafe was still open and we had the homemade beef veggie soup to go which tasted awesome - indeed homemade. All in all, a good value for a good nights rest - highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I dined at the steakhouse and absolutely loved it! The wait staff were great, as I dined by myself and they didn't rush me out the door. Food was great, setting was formal, couldn't complain. Credit where it's due, a great Sunday night dinner!

Stayed April 2013
Bowling Green, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stoppped here on our trip from Sacramento to Ohio. The service at the desk was great, Sake (sp) was very friendly and attentive. The price was very reasonable. We did eat in the restaurant, nothing to rave about, but we were tired and hungry, so it filled the hole! The room was something else! For a non smoking room it smelled of stale cigar or pipe tobacco, and it was extremely cold, and the screen on the window was ripped out. The seal around the door allowed light and air in, making for a chilly night! The room was very retro looking, with dated furniture, and the bathroom was something out of the 1960's. But that being said, it was very clean, and inexpensive. For a place to lay your head down after a long road trip, it will suffice. Beware of the ginormous cinnamon roles in the display case in the diner, they might try to go home with you....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Only complaint is the internet speed. Did a download speed test three times and its around 2 Mbps. Can't watch hulu or netflix. Everything else seems good, clean and there are, restaurant and bar etc.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Little America Hotel? Share your experiences!