“Comfy and homey feeling hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming

You added AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming to your Saves list
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4712 Grand Ave, Laramie, WY 82070   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Kansas City, Kansas
“Comfy and homey feeling hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January and happily returned for our next stay. The hotel has warm and cozy decor and the staff is friendly, the breakfast is more on the boring side, but I always find something to eat, the rooms are clean and the bed is comfy, what else would you need.

Room Tip: So far we have slept on both sides of the hotel, one facing the mountains and the other facing the p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Knowing that you returned to stay with us is a wonderful validation of our hard work! Thank you so much for sharing that detail!

We truly appreciate your time in writing a review and sharing your experience!

We are sorry that you found the breakfast more on the boring side. We would happily take suggestions! We try very hard to make it appeal to a large audience, but that does not preclude us from looking into other things. Please do not hesitate!

The beds are Serta sleepers and so comfortable and our staff works so hard to keep everything clean and in great shape. So happy that you had a good nights rest! Please do come back to see us again!

Until then, have a wonderful summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Casper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rooms were clean and stocked. Staff was friendly and helpful with directions. Check in was a little slow due to. Bell system and trying to contact a staff member. Pool was clean and warm. The hot tub was clean and easy to find controls. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recommend us to others!

We are so glad that you found the property clean and comfortable! I am sorry that your check in was a little slow. Thank you for your patience!

We look forward to you staying with us again. Until then, enjoy your summer!!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in Laramie to officiate at the Mountain West Outdoor Track and Field Championships. The MW put me up at the Americinn and it was great. I was supposed to have a roomie, but his boss sent him out of country so when I opened the door to my room I was surprised to see a GIANT double bed and lo and behold, a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room. WOW. I made good use of the tub and the bed was great, the room clean and everything first class. Breakfast is served, but I chose to go out, being a picky natural foods freak. There is also a large indoor pool, fitness center and large therapy pool. I wasn't paying the bill, but this place is worth it.

Room Tip: Try the room with the jacuzzi, I had the Lewis and Clark room on floor two.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you!

What a fabulous review! This makes us all smile, even the owner! I had the pleasure of placing you in that room and I know how fabulous it is! Knowing you enjoyed it like you did, really makes me happy!

Your recommendation means the world! I know you had a very busy few days in Laramie and I am sure that big tub was just the ticket!

We understand the desire for natural foods. There are some wonderful places in Laramie. I frequent them often.

The first class notation is much appreciated as is the time you took to write about us.

Please, if you ever have the occasion to be in Laramie again, come stay with us!

Have a delightful summer!!
Sonoma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently on a road-trip moving from NJ to CA (3,000+ miles on Rt. 80). As I drove throughg Illinois the Emergency Broadcast System came over the radio (something I had never experienced before) to warn of 65+ mph winds, 1/4" hail stones, rain, thunder, and lightening that was quickly approaching. I waited over an hour under an overpass for the storm to pass. Needless to say, once the "severe" portion of the storm passed there was still some pretty poor weather to deal with. As this storm put a wrinkle in my timing, I called the hotel to cancel the reservation because I couldn't get there until at least 2:30/3:00am. I first spoke to "Jessica" who told me that she would have to ask the Marketing Director (Thea Marx) for approval given that it was less than the 24 hour notice I was required. I told her about the weather I ran into and how it would require me driving 7 hours straight in order to keep this reservation (NOTE: I had already driven 5 hours that day). I really didn't want to drive for that long at that hour of the night and risk my safety if I didn't have to. After putting me on hold for 10 minutes Jessica came back and said the Marketing Director couldn't help me. They couldn't cancel my reservation and refund my money. I then asked to speak with her boss and she put me in touch with the Guest Services Director (Jeff Allen). After going back and forth with Jeff for 15 minutes he concluded there's nothing he can do.

What should have been a 5 hour trip from Chicago to Laramie turned into a 10 hour trip. Why? Because there was a snow storm just as I crossed into Wyoming. Please keep in mind, When I spoke with "Jeff" earlier in the day he stated the roads and weather were fine and going to be fine and that I had nothing to worry about. In the end, I arrived at the hotel at 4:15am!!!

So this hotel, and this staff, would rather have potential guests risk their lives driving hours upon hours in treacherous weather than take the corporate and ethical responsibility of allowing them to cancel their reservations. It's not like I wanted to sight-see along the way... this was due to things (crazy weather) that was out of my control... and anyone, including the staff at this AmericInn, could verify my story by looking at the weather I spoke of. Allowing me to cancel my reservation instead of putting me through this ordeal and risking the safety of a potential guest would have been the honorable, moral, and righteous decision to make, REGARDLESS of policy. I guess the making a buck is more important to some companies. Never again will I stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Please accept my apologies for not responding to your review sooner! I have no excuse, but for busy days.

Ouch! This hurts me, not because of your review, but because of our response. I feel that we missed the boat. All of us! I take many calls each day and try my best to respond in a thoughtful, helpful manner taking into the consideration each guest's situation.

I honestly do not remember taking this call, but frankly do not remember anyone relaying a situation such as yours either. I am truly sorry.

You are right. We should have cancelled your reservation. We never wish our guests to put themselves in harms way just to make a reservation!

I know that you had a long day with terrible weather. We are familiar with those kinds of days and weather that is practically unthinkable. Please accept my deepest apologies for the way we handled your reservation.

I hope that you arrived safely at your destination and that summer has been enjoyable thus far.
Monterey, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was our first stay in Laramie and chose this property based on other reviews. We were not disappointed. The tomato soup in the lobby held us over until we could get to dinner, the room was spacious with an excellent view of the Snowy Mountain range which was snow capped. The breakfast in the morning had some of the best granola I have ever had along with homemade biscuits and gravy. The fact that they are also pet friendly made our stay outstanding

Green Features: They are very green using the replace linens only as needed theory. The soaps and hair products were organic
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Inman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

stayed since I-80 closed with snow storm, very warm setting from frigid outside, friendly staff , good hot breakfast with big dinning room, lovely fire place in lobby will return if we pass thru again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. We know you stayed with us under unfortunate circumstances with the storm, however, we are happy that we could provide you with a warm, wonderful place to stay.

You are right we have a delightful breakfast with a large selection of choices including gluten free and vegetarian choices.

Our large fireplace in the lobby is a popular place to warm yourself even if the storm is in May. We intentionally created the space after that of Wyoming's famed western lodges to feel warm and homey. We are glad that you enjoyed it.

We do hope you pass through again! We will look forward to having you as our guest. Have a wonderful summer!!
Green River, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I cant remember her name, but the girl at the counter was extremely pleseant and helpful. She pointed out where all the facilities and rooms were upon checkin and told me were to get pool towels and what was for breakfast. She even was able to recommend several excellent restaurants in the area amd gave me a coupon for one of them. And I got to wake up to Pronghorn Antelope outside my window.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review recognizing our exceptional staff and the service that they provide. We really appreciate it.

We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming? Share your experiences!