stayed in the BW-laramie, WY. on July 21st. about 11 PM. I will say the interior was nice, looked nice, was clean--seemingly!-but at 3 AM my wife woke with a start and said "Oh my God! there is a bug crawling on me! and then we proceeded to look further and found another one. It looked like a tick but softer and a little bigger, or a watermelon seed kind of. So, never having had experience with bed bugs we got our laptop and lo and behold, WE HAD BED BUGS!!!
Called the night duty guy and he said, not possible and I said, well wait til I get down to give you these. I put them in a zip lock bag, and then we proceeded to shower, get dressed and packed up to leave. We got to the desk and said here are the bugs, which he looked and said, hmmmmm. (not a lot more to say) and we asked him to have the manager call us later in the day.
We did not hear from the manager so i called him in the afternoon and he said, "The owner is in India for a month, and I will give you half off--BECAUSE YOU STAYED HALF THE NIGHT!! That is a classic, yes we only stayed half the night because we were awakened by BED BUGS!! Needless to say, that did not sit too well and so I told him we were not paying for the night and I disputed the charge with American Express--RULE #!-ALWAYS PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD, YOU HAVE A CHANCE IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS. We do not know what the resolution with Am Ex at this time is.
It gets better! We felt pretty certain that with Mikes attitude and with the owner being in INDIA! it would not get addressed and would be rented out the next night like nothing had happened. So, we called the health dept for Laramie and after getting bounced from a few people we talked with one lady who said she called the hotel and told them she would be doing an inspection and that she asked about the room and the guy told her they had closed the room down because WE SMOKED IN IT! Hardy har har, my wife has asthma and we both do not and never have smoked.
Better yet--Then during the dispute stage with Am Ex their reply was that they did not have bed bugs and the room has STAYED OPEN--NEVER SHUT DOWN and everyone loved the room with no problems.
So if anyone wants to see what bedbugs look like, yes i did take pics of them with my cell phone camera I will be happy to let you know. and sadly even Best Westerns are becoming like Super 8's-. So, now we stay at Holiday Inns exclusively!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Laramie Inn & SuitesThis Laramie, Wyoming hotel offers all of the modern amenities and a convenient location at a reasonable price. Nestled at the base of Wyoming's Rocky Mountains, the BEST WESTERN Laramie Inn & Suites is a new property offering the best in amenities and customer service. This Laramie hotel is just minutes away from a variety of shops, restaurants and museums.The BEST WESTERN Laramie Inn & Suites offers 62 spacious non-smoking guest rooms including rooms with mountain views. Each well-appointed guest room features a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television and high-speed Internet access. Start the day off with a delicious complimentary continental breakfast. Other hotel amenities include an indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, exercise facility, guest laundry and business services. Both the Wyoming Technical Institute and the University of Wyoming Laramie are within five miles of the hotel making the BEST WESTERN Laramie Inn & Suites ideal for guests visiting students. Enjoy a short drive to the Snowy Range Mountains or visit the state's capitol, Cheyenne for the day. Guests will also enjoy spending the day at Yellowstone National Park, the Vedauwoo Recreation Area or Grand Teton National Park. Business guests will appreciate being just five miles from the Union Pacific Railroad. The friendly staff at the BEST WESTERN Laramie Inn & Suites are ready to ensure a relaxing and memorable stay in Laramie, Wyoming. Features & AmenitiesFitness CenterPool & Jacuzzi Pets AllowedHigh Speed Wireless InternetComplimentary continental breakfastchoice of breadscerealfruiteggsyogurtjuiceand hot items ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Laramie Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Laramie Hotel Laramie
- Best Western Laramie Inn And Suites
- Laramie Best Western