“Small town charm - Sophisticated cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Eclectic, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Small town charm - Sophisticated cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Laramie is a pretty small town, but Jeffrey's Bistro could hold its own with restaurants in any big city. It's a small venue, no more than 15 tables and booths, but it's decorated comfortably - kind of feels like a university library with the warm wood and dark green furnishings - and arranged very nicely with two or three tables on a raised area near the front window. The restaurant is on a corner and commands pleasant views of the town from two large windows. The menu was filled with mouth-watering options, and other reviewers made some great suggestions, which made choosing one entree difficult. I finally chose a sandwich, the Grilled Portabello with Pesto and Brie. It's served on onion focaccia bread that was one of the best breads I've ever eaten; in fact, we ordered some of the bread to go - at $1.00 for a large piece, it was a bargain - and delicious heated up later! The sandwich was almost decadent - scrumptious, very rich, and completely filling. Two people could easily split a sandwich and/or one of the salads; I noticed that the salads ordered by others were enormous. When we first got there, we thought dessert would be an option because they sounded wonderful - after that sandwich, though, no way - we couldn't even think about splitting one! Nearby are some good shops - used bookstores/coffee bars, etc. - that are nice to stroll around in before or after a meal. If we'd had more time in Laramie, I would have liked to spend more time in the shops. It was May, and the temperature was still cool, so a walk around the town square would have been nice. One reviewer mentioned the slow service; to me, the service was attentive enough - it seemed in keeping with the laid-back nature of the town, and our server was very friendly. It's not a place to hurry through; it's a place you want to linger and enjoy. Based on some of the other reviews, I expected a bigger crowd. Maybe it was the time of day (Saturday late afternoon) or the season (college semester over), but there were no more than 6 or 7 groups of diners - many of whom seemed to be "regulars." I may never get back to Laramie, but I'll remember it as a great little town because of the excellent dinner we had at Jeffrey's.

• Visited May 2014

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Pretty great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Jeffrey's is a great place to grab lunch or dinner. I have had quite a few things on the menu. One of my favorite dishes is the Apple and Gorgonzola salad. Pretty tasty. The two griefs of this restaurant is the service is a little on the slow side, and the ventilation is a little iffy. But, the food that is put out, is pretty great!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
musettepa
“Excellent, fresh fare and decadent desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Dinner at Jeffrey's was really hard to choose, because of the wide range of great looking entrees, sandwiches, salads and desserts. Then, after we had chosen, I noticed the specials, which were just as interesting. Everything that came out of the kitchen looked yummy, and ours was, too. Our server was quick and very professional. It's hard to say the best thing about Jeffrey's, because the whole experience was great. There are even handwoven place mats and hand made flower pots. If I lived in Laramie, I would plan to return often!

• Visited June 2014
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had lunch at Jeffrey's today with a friend The black bean cheddar burger never disappoints. The service was friendly and efficient.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great meal, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was the bast meal we had on our recent holiday in the US. My wife is vegetarian and there were plenty of good options for her. The service from our waiter was superb and the restaurant had a really nice atmosphere. All of the food was fresh and tasty and the menu was interesting. We really enjoyed Laramie and the meal at Jeffrey's Bistro really capped off our stay in the town nicely.

• Visited May 2014