“good for your $” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Laramie, Wyoming
“good for your $”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

good food, quick and pleasant service in a nice atmosphere. if you go early the service is very quick.

Visited May 2012

Groves
“excellant restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great food,service ,good value, very friendly, great mexican food rarely found outside of Texas is place has it, tried the mole and was excellant.Will always go there on our way to Sturgis.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Drink the strong margaritas to make the food taste better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

They put "rice" (corn mush) underneath the entrees to make them appear to be overly generous. Flavor is bland and quality of ingredients is poor. My mild husband added lots of real hot sauce to make it palatable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Amarillo, TX
“Surprisingly Good Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

As a rule, I never eat Mexican food outside of Texas, Oklahoma or New Mexico due to the fact that I have had some very unpleasant experiences with Mexican food in other states. Due to the fairly large number of Mexican food restaurants in Laramie, we decided to give Corona Village a try since it was very busy on a Thursday night. I was not disappointed! While the food is different than the Tex-Mex I am used to, it was flavorful and delicious!
The queso was white and had a very strong cheese flavor, but little spice. The hot sauce was very good, but not too spicy, either. The margarita was excellent (but I will definitely offer a warning regarding how alcohol does affect you differently at such a high altitude)! I had the carne guisada, which normally tastes a lot like pot roast at home and comes in a very creamy sauce. This version tasted more like a beef stew and came in a tomato-based sauce (and I think I like this version better!).
The waitress was friendly and did a good job of refilling drinks and checking on us, without being annoying. I thought that the meal was very reasonably priced, especially considering the portion sizes and the complimentary dessert for each person at the end of our meal.
I am definitely pleasantly surprised and will return again if I ever find myself in Laramie!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laramie, Wyoming
“always a good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

we visit often; the service is quick and friendly, food is good, and prices are great.

Visited June 2012