“Parachute didn't open and it pancaked. Dead and gone.” 1 of 5 stars

The Parachute Grille
207 S 3rd Street, Laramie, WY
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Dessert, Hamburgers, Diner
Wyoming
“Parachute didn't open and it pancaked. Dead and gone.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant was only open for a couple of months and failed. TripAdvisor does not keep its database current, so for some reason this place is still listed, but it's dead. Do not plan to go here; you'll find the doors closed and locked. Try the Thai place across the street instead.

Visited August 2013

“Passed through Laramie and glad we stopped in.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Over our family adventures in May we were passing through Wyoming, specifically Laramie on a Sunday. Being on the road for hours we found the quaint steakhouse downtown where we decided to stop for dinner. We started with a order of hot wings which arrived promptly and were juicy, tender and full of meat. So good in fact we ordered more before we ordered our meals. All of us had a steak and sides, all different varieties. When they arrived we were glad we stopped here, each was cooked perfectly. The server was very attentive and made us feel right at home for our pit stop. We will be stopping here everytime we travel this way again. Cheers to steak!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“DON'T EAT HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Hopefully the people that run this place read these reviews because everyone of them is accurate... We arrived at 7 pm with a table of 6 wich they said was to big for one waitress to handle. Ordered 2 appetizers neither of wich came with the sauces from the menu. Ordered our food at and beers at 715 didn't get our drinks till 730. Then we had empty glasses for no less then 20 min. So we had to get up and go the the bar in the other room to get our refills. No waitresses in sight. 8 pm came and went still no food. Then at 830 we received our steaks wich were not seasoned or very good. And when we asked for a discount for waiting so long for everything the manager came out and told us she didn't see a problem she said our order was put in at 8:02 and we had no reason to complain. The bill was 75 bucks for me and wife. Felt like I got robbed!! And if ur wondering there were 3 other parties in the hole restaurant so by no way were they "busy"

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Laramie, Wyoming
“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! ANYWHERE...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Let me preface by saying that I don't normally write a lot of reviews, only when the experience is extremely bad or extremely good. That being said I would honestly give this place 0 stars if that was an option. And I am not a food snob. In fact, I recognize that a lot of restaurants in Laramie are just mediocre and I don't get hung up on it. I have lived here a long time so my expectations are curbed.

But...this was BAD! First, the ambiance. The decor is nice but the place is silent and there are normally very few people in the restaurant and everybody, including the 5 waitresses they have, can hear every word you are saying. They could really use some music in there. That was unpleasant, but still the least of the problems.

Next, lets talk about their $2 Margarita happy hour special. As it turns out, it's not really any deal at all. If you get the happy hour margarita they give you basically a dixie cup worth. Not really a deal at all. Usually happy hours are 2 for 1 or something along those lines. They just lower the price and downsize the drink. Absurd.

Now the food. Let's just say I cannot remember the last time I walked out of a restaurant so angry. We started with the shrimp cocktail, which turned out to be 8 raw shrimp with a little tiny plastic cup of cocktail sauce. In my opinion, the important part of the shrimp cocktail is the "cocktail" part. Usually that refers to some sort of mixture, usually shrimp and tomato, onion, avacado, tomato juice, etc. This was a horrible appetizer for $8.49.

Now to the entree. I ordered the Filet wrapped in bacon for $23.99. My first thought was that seemed like a pretty steep price for a filet compared to most steakhouses around WY, but that is always my favorite cut so I gave it a try. Now, I should have been more cautious when the menu mentioned that all steaks are "fresh never frozen" and each steak was "prepared to order". I think that should go without saying at a restaurant. Afterall, this isn't McDonalds (although that would have been a better choice). Also, you have to choose which seasoning you want on your steak. I generally like to leave that up to the chef...if they know what they are doing that is.

Now the best part of it all. Remember I ordered the filet wrapped in bacon (medium-rare) and what did I get? I GOT A SIRLOIN (MEDIUM WELL) WITH A FEW COOKED PIECES OF BACON LAYING ON TOP!!! Completely unacceptable. For my sides I had grilled corn on the cob which was very cold, and fried okra which was clearly frozen.

My wife had the chicken fried steak. I won't go into deal because I think you get the point by now, but let's just say that too was a disaster. The worst part? The final bill was $74! I seriously felt like somebody had just robbed me.

As somebody who travels a lot and eats at hundreds of restaurants all around the world, I can tell you this was one of the worst. I don't even know if this place will still be open by the time I am done writing this. Won't be open long so don't waist your time or money.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Centennial, Wyoming
“Couldn't believe what we saw!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have tried the Parachute Grill three times and I have to say the service was fine but the food was not great. On my last visit for lunch, I witnessed the management (a man and a woman) verbally attack a group of four male customers because they had gotten mud on the carpet as they came in the door - accusing them of tracking in something that wouldn't come out of the carpet. The customers paid for their lunch and left without finishing. Only after they ran off the customers, did the man attept to clean the carpet. He spent a longer time shouting at the customers than it took to clean up the mud. Will not be back to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013