“Cold and bland” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Laramie, Wyoming
“Cold and bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just moved to Laramie for Wyotech and Almanza's was recommended by a friend. Can't say much about the interior because we grabbed our burritos from the drive through, but it was hassle enough to make me not want to go inside. We waited nearly fifteen minutes at the window for our food and since we were in a hurry we left without checking our order. Back at the apartment we found our food to be luke warm and very unappetizing. Reminds me of frozen burritos you find at a mini mart. Definitely not the best first impression of food in this town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Southern California Style Mexican Food - The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Having moved to Northern Colorado from Southern California, the Mexican food has been more than disappointing. It has been maddening. Little did I know I would find a respite while visiting Laramie, WY. We happened upon Almanza's because we didn't want fast food; it was fantastic find.

I'm only going to discuss the food because we drove through.

The carne asada burrito is on point. Perfectly seasoned steak and nicely cooked, the first thing I noticed was the home made flour tortilla. Most Mexican places in these parts opt to give you store bought, cheap tortillas, but not Almanza's. My father-in-law ordered the carne asada torta, and I tasted that, too. Soft torta bread that I haven't seen outside of Mexico or Southern California.

My kids ordered the breakfast burritos, and they were also perfect. Great ratio of cheese to egg to potato (french fry!) made for the best breakfast burrito experience in Wyoming/Colorado. Finally! Folks from the Southwest who know what Mexican food can taste like, don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2013
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
“Best mexican food in Laramie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Seriously, try this place. They make everything fresh and service is always quick.

Get the California burrito. Its the best thing on the menu!

Thank you for bringing good 24 hour Mexican food to Laramie :D

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wyoming
“OK, but a bit overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Basic Mexican in a "fast food" atmosphere. Certainly better than Taco Bell but not nearly as good as the local Andale restaurant around the corner. Some dishes on the greasy side. Cannot help but wonder if some of the total rave reviews are plants.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wyoming
“Always a Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several time since it's opened & never had a bad experience or had bad food. This place is legit, folks! I'd almost say "too authentic" for Laramie...almost. Most people around here are used to Taco Bell & Taco Johns which is fine, but if you are looking for the real deal Almanza's is the place. They have a salsa bar that includes green and several different red salsas, chopped onions, limes & pickled carrots & jalapenos. One of my favorites is the carnitas plate. The burritos are huge and so are the portions so show up hungry! An even bigger bonus is the fact that they are open 24 hours. Well played, Amlanza's.....well played!

• Visited March 2013