“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 19 hotels in Laramie
Boise, Idaho
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Got stuck in Laramie and stayed because price was reasonable but ended up paying more to cover the medications required after my kids woke up with bed bug bites all over them. Dr. signed letter saying what the bites were and I contacted hotel several times and never got to speak with a manager.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Not being from WY I knew nothing about the area. Had to bring our child to university. Wanted a nice but reasonable room for our family to explore Laramie for a few days prior to move in day. Called every hotel/motel and Econolodge had the best price and SUPPOSEDLY the amenities we needed. I booked the room from 1000 miles away 2 weeks before our trip. We arrived and immediately felt that sinking feeling because there were hardly no cars in the lot and the motels all around had many more. Tried to be positive because the room was kinda okay and there was a pool. The sign said closed. Told the young man at the desk and he acted funny and said,"oh they added water. It'll be ready in about an hour. Came back and sign was down. However, it was dangerously cold! Again he acted like he was fibbing when he said,"they forgot to turn the heater on. It'll be ready in 30 minutes." We sat by the pool for an hour and the temp didn't change. The young man stayed out of sight the entire time. AND the breakfast!!! It was located down a hallway in a dark room. The milk and juice were sitting in a tiny frig in gallon jugs. Can you serve to the public like that? There was no attendant to watch the food. The food looked like it had set out all night. Nothing was covered. Bread was in a bag for you to stick your hand in. Again is that legal? That's when I read the reviews for this place.(I will always check reviews from now on)!!! Entire place seemed deserted all the time. Creepy. No maid cleaning rooms. Desk clerk hidden. We left without eating and got a different motel and never looked back. Do not stay here. They will say they have a pool and breakfast but not tell you the condition it's in. WON'T be back!

• Stayed August 2012
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Good points:
The price was good, but I was afraid after reading some of the reviews on T.A. The room was worth the price. Carpets looked OK to me, they are a dark burgandy color and they would show dirt pretty easy. The room had a micro wave and small fridge. All in all, it was worth the price. We missed the breakfast , because we like to eat at the Chuckwagon while going through Laramie. I had no problems with the man checking me in and out with his accent.

Bad points:
Because my wife has a bad knee and uses a cane, I had requested a ground level room, on checking in, I was told it would be an extra $10. I declined and had to use the steps, (no elavator) Our room was near the stairs and there was a handicap parking spot next to the entry door to the stairs. We have stayed in other motels in Laramie, we judge the ratng we give by the value for the dollar spent. We would stay again here depending on how it matched up with others with the same price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This so-called "hotel" is equipped with sheets that don't fit the bed, accompanied by a mattress pad that wasn't there. If you wanted coffee in the morning you had to clean the coffee pot of the coffee grounds left from the last customer. The door handle to get out of the room fell off making it nearly impossible to exit the room. However, I don't know why you would want to exit the room because outside lay vending machines that don't work, a broken ice machine, a swimming pool so cold you couldn't swim in it, and an employee at the front desk that didn't seem to care about any problem that you were reporting. Also at the front desk was a non-existent printer that wouldn't allow you to get your receipt. All in all if you are looking for a good laugh, stay at the Econo Lodge in Laramie.

• Stayed August 2012
MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here because Choice Hotels have always been adequate to excellent. Had a reservation because rodeo in Cheyenne was filling rooms for 150 miles. Checked in 3:00 and asked why the pool had closed sign. Was told "adding water" may be open later. The first room he gave us the refrigerator was not even cool so we moved all our gear (rode in on motorcycle) back down the stairs (no elevator) to another room. This frig was cool but not cold. After getting all unpacked and back from dinner, I asked about the advertised fitness center. Was told that is closed to get new equipment, pool still closed. Strike three. Tried to turn on the AC as the temp that day had been over 95. Discovered bare wires hanging from the wall where outlet should be, plaster on the floor, and then saw that the plug in had only two prongs as the third had been melted completely away. I went to the front desk and asked for a manager. After I explained all the problems to the clerk and asked for a partial refund, was told he would call the manager and let me know. I could not speak to him. Clerk called me back and offered to give us another room. We declined because of fatigue and all the things we would have to move, and the fitness center and pool still wouldn't be open. He said ,"Oh, the pool has been open" I told him it might be prudent then to remove the closed sign. This was 5 hours after I had twice asked him about the pool. Terrible service, fire hazard, and the only advertised ammenity delivered was the adequate breakfast. Will never stay at Econo Lodge again. I am trying to find out how to report this fire hazard.

Room Tip: Make sure and look it over good and try everything before paying.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pueblo CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our room was very rundown and needed new paint, carpet, counter tops, etc. The carpet was filthy. The AC was barely adequate. But the linens seemed clean, and I saw no bugs. The only plus was a slightly above-the-basement continental breakfast that did have fresh waffles and boiled eggs. Otherwise, just toast and Danish, Tang, cereal and milk. I certainly don't plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wataga, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

As we were preparing for our trip to Laramie, I had to find somewhere affordable and somewhere that had a few extras for what my family needed. The EconoLodge offered a room with cable, a small continental breakfast, and enough sleeping room for my family. We stayed in a room on the second floor (no elevator) with 3 queen beds in it. The bedspreads were stained, the sheets were stained, and the floor was stained. The bathroom was clean, and offered plenty of supplies for our family except for bath towels. The room was not large, but it worked for our two night stay. It was cheap! They did offer ice. The pool was okay-had a nice area to sit down and relax-no hot tub, and not heated. They did have swim towels in the pool room. Access was not granted to the workout room. The front desk clerk spoke very little english and was not friendly-hope you dont have to deal with him much!! The breakfast was good. Small, but good. It offered cold cereal, make your own waffles, a few pastries, coffee, orange juice, milk, and oatmeal and toast. If you don't have high expectations, it was worth the $79 a night we paid for 6 of us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!