“Very Quiet Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Laramie

Super 8 Laramie
You added Super 8 Laramie to your Saves list
Super 8 Laramie
2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   1987 Banner Road, I-80 & Curtis Street Exit 10, Laramie, WY 82070   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Cudahy, Wisconsin
“Very Quiet Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We never thought we'd find the hotel but there it was at the very end of a softly winding road outside of he busier part of Laramie. It's not a bad location just surprising. The hotel is very clean and the room is spacious. Probably the only downside I see is that the breakfast area lies between the front door and the check in desk. the tables are literally in the foyer. So when the doors open it is cold and breezy. The employee at the front desk was friendly. Nice beds and did I already say clean?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This motel is not as great as it used to be. The rooms are clean, but need to be updated. The mattress had seen better days. This motel is not bad, but for a few dollars more you could have a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here with two of my daughters as we attended sporting events at the University of Wyoming. The room was clean and there was a decent complimentary breakfast buffet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Madison, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

A lower end Super 8 in the chain. But in this price range unfortunately its your best choice in Cheyenne/Laramie area. No bagels available which says a lot about the Super 8. I have found that if there cheaping out by trying to save money on bagels then the rest of the motel is getting the same attention. Staff is below average.

Room Tip: Recommend only because best option at this price.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stay at the Super 8 when visiting our daughter at UW. We have always considered it a clean and basic motel, although in the past, at times the odor from the smoking rooms crept throughout the building. During our 2 recent visits we noticed a notable improvement in the air freshness and a higher sense of cleanliness in the building. Our room is generally just used as a launching point for our day and we can't justify spending up to 250% more for a fancier crash pad.
Sure, the breakfast is minimal, but it suits our needs just fine to start our day.
My only suggestion at this point would be to add "themtn.tv" channel to their already excellent cable line-up. I would love to be able to watch UW conference competition as I wind down in the evening.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We booked a 1 night stay here since it was the cheapest place we found and have had good experince with super 8 in the past. The room was decent, the air conditioner didn't work though and was extremely loud. The walls of the room are paper thin and you can hear every toilet flush, tv, and voice. So needless to say we got almost no sleep that night. They advertise for high speed internet, but we got none the whole time. We called up to the front desk to see if and when it would be fixed and david, the guy working, was extremely rude to us. The tv kept going out as well, which was extremely annoying. And the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold and kept changing every 5 minutes.

The "hot" continental breakfast was all but that. The donuts, rolls, and cereal were all stale and the milk smelled sketchy. Also, we were having car troubles and we were going to need a late checkout. When we called the front desk to request it, david, again, got a snippy attitude and said that's an extra fee. We asked how much and he rudely said I don't know its company policy and hung up on me! I have never been so frustrated with a hotel in all my life.

About the only thing they had going for them was that the towels were soft, but that's about it. All in all I would not stay here if at all possible.

• Stayed September 2010
Sleepy Hollow, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I frequently stay in Super 8 motels, since they usually offer a basic room with just the amenities I need. These include wireless internet and a simple breakfast. What the innkeepers have done with this motel is to pare these two amenities to the bone, leaving no other reason to stay here. Yes, they are offered, but the quality is just too low. The internet wandered in and out, so I learned to get up and do something else for a period of time when stasis set in to my computer. It would always return, but it was really annoying. All I really want from the "free breakfast' is a couple of pieces of toast and jam. The loaf bread was of the very lowest quality, and the jam just balled up on the warm toast, and refused to spread.

So far as service, I asked for a new bulb in the desk lamp on day one of four days, and it never got fixed.

Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Laramie? Share your experiences!