“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Greer, South Carolina
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at in the last 30 years. The room was pretty clean but the maintenance has been delayed for many years. The chairs had holes in the upholstery and there was mold where the ceiling touches the walls. The wallpaper was falling off the walls in the restroom and the ceiling was bubbled all over. The hot water faucet in the shower was close to falling off. Outside of the building was even worse. Crumbling sidewalks has not even had the crumble picked up. The "lawn" was a 6 inch tall patch of nicely blooming dandeloions richly fertilized by dog potties that had apparently not been cleaned up for months.. We were afraid to accept their free breakfast. Beware!

Room Tip: dont' stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

The front loby is very dirty along with the rooms. The rooms smell like mold & mildew. The pool and hot tub is always broken. Black widows in the rooms. That is no joke my husband got bit by one. We did not stay once this all happened within 15 min in the room. We got in late and the bar tender was working the front desk and the bar. He was ver rude. I can't believe they are still open. There are alot better hotels to stay in Laramie. The Hilto was very nice. We told them about our experience and they said everyone that comes here from there always says something bad about the ramada. It's not newly remodeled.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Knob Noster, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed at this Ramada because their official website said "Recently renovated." I guess if "recently" means never, it would be accurate. It was in total disrepair. We complained about the first room we were put it and the nice staff member at the desk said, "Oh, you shouldn't be in that room, it has a wiring problem." She moved us to the "new" section of the hotel. The entire property is very dirty and run down. This was the first time I have stayed at a hotel where I didn't feel safe.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

We walked in and walked right out. It looked like a by-the-hour motel. Do yourself a favor and keep going. The girl at the desk was nice, that's about all I can say.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
arm pit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This place needs to be closed or used as barn for animals--poor things. Nasty--i was afraid my dogs would get sick from stuff they found on floor. One bed was like sleeping in taco, the other okay, but found bug on pillow the next morning (when I told women at check out neither said sorry or even acted like I had said something). Shower head had such huge crack in wall behind it I was afraid to use it for fear water would go everywhere. I had to use my foot to shove bathroom door closed and then call my husband to come and open it from other side. The crack in outside door was so huge--did not need AC, but needed heater--the heating bill there must be enormous. When we checked out another $20.00 was added to the original price tag. Finally paid $95.90. Send my outrage to your President and CEO Keith Peirce--hope he is proud. We have stayed at Ramada Hotels in past in other areas and we were pleased with nice/clean/comfortably rooms and because of past history-- Stupid me I didn't believe the reviews I read on internet before I made reservation. I think Mr Peirce would want to remove his name from your guest comment literature. Well maybe not--must be how he lives!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Western Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I was shocked, extremely disappointed. Rates were reasonable but that is where it ended. Pool was closed (we picked this hotel because of the pool, and the name), hot tub was out of order, the place was dirty and dishevled, in unacceptable disrepair.

A shug of the shoulders and a sorry from the desk clerk. The driveway at one end of the building had cavern sized potholes. And the internet connection just crawled despite a strong signal... and there weren't very many guests.

The bathroom was not very clean and the hallways and doors were not very welcoming. I really hate to think what the 'hot breakfast' is going to be like in the morning. Oh... and the fitness center had broken equipment and no way to turn on the tv.

Business center? Don't expect to get any business done. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, even for half the reasonable price we paid. There are other hotels near by... try those!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Even for the money, it was...ew. Shower/bath full of gaping cracks & so bad wouldn't take one. Ever worry about the bedding? I did. WiFi connection wouldn't (and when phoned for IT help, it was anti-helpful). Though Interstate convenient, not as cheap that this bad quality should rate. Spend a little more and get a decent room. Wish I had.

Oh, and don't forget there's a railroad track across the parking lot with...freight trains running thru the night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Laramie? Share your experiences!