“Not your typical WY restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 24 restaurants in Lander
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st
Description: Located inside a historic and beautifully restored 100 year old brick building, Cowfish offers a fun and lively atmosphere paired with excellent food and knowledgeable service. Our menu features hand cut steaks, local grass fed burgers, fresh fish and our innovative pastas and salads. All our beers are brewed on site by the Lander Brewing Co. Its popular lineup of refreshing, made from scratch microbrews includes beers that have won awards at the Great American Beer festival, the World Beer Cup and other competitions. Enjoy a romantic dinner in our candlelit dining room or a more casual dining experience in our pub. In the summer, we offer the added attraction of dining on our outdoor patio under a trellis of wild Cascade hops.
Denver
“Not your typical WY restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant is definitely not what I expected to find in Wyoming. Maybe once in Jackson Hole but definitely not in Lander. Quite possibly I wasn't giving Lander enough credit. It was trendy, had decent beer and excellent food. I was not surprised that a restaurant could serve up a good burger in Wyoming but all the food was pretty decent. The mussels seemed to be on steroids but I don't expect the best from mussels ordered in WY. If you're rolling through Lander I definitely think you should consider this place. I'd go there again if I find myself in Lander or would even take a slight diversion if I was in the vicinity.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“good food excellent beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit here. The service was great - the waitress even took a little time out to chat with us. The beer selection was excellent with something for any palette, the food was OK, not the best I have had but fine. The bill came to $40 for two of us, which included two points of beer and a sampler of all the ales. A fairy price I thought got a pleasant evening.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fantastic and influenced by the bounty of Wyoming.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you're distressed and your distance from the epicenter of the Brooklyn or Oklahoma City hipster scene is giving you a panic attack, you can find seared Ahi Tuna here, and your worries will subside. If you are less of a snobbish imp and enjoy culinary variety influenced by the locale, grass fed beef with delicious broccolinni on the side will inspire you with the taste of the scenery and wildlife. If you are looking for black tie and white glove service or Panda on the menu, you won't find it here, and you should probably reexamine your motives....but you will find Wyoming hospitality and the occasional tidbit of local wisdom inspired by an upbringing undiluted by the asphalt jungle. The food is nothing short of fantastic and the personalities unique. What more do you want out of a vacation?

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Positive reviews give hope but experience ruins it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading reviews here I had high hopes, but unfortunately they were dashed apart with their terrible service. We were in a group large enough to warrant a gratuity fee. The orders were taken and drinks were forgotten and my meal was wrong. The kitchen held up their part; everyone really liked their meals. The waitress never checked up on us. We had to specifically ask her for water refills. There was what looked like a floor manager roaming about but never checking up on us either. We had to ask for our check. I wont be back.

I have loads of respect for people who make their own beer. But I was unimpressed with theirs. Just a taste preference. Their stout tasted like they watered down a Guinness.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“Excellent meal, phenomenal beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

They brew their own beer, FYI. This is the upscale, high-class sibling of the Lander Bar, and the meals are fantastic. Of course, the beer is delicious, too. The menu covers all the expected items you find at a steak house, plus some interesting local beef items. The only negative thing I have to say is that we felt a little abandoned by the staff - two waitresses walked past us when we arrived without welcoming us and the buss staff neglected our water multiple times. However, our waitress was very attentive.

Visited August 2012