“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Lander
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st
Description: Located inside a historic and beautifully restored 100 year old brick building, Cowfish offers a fun and lively atmosphere paired with excellent food and knowledgeable service. Our menu features hand cut steaks, local grass fed burgers, fresh fish and our innovative pastas and salads. All our beers are brewed on site by the Lander Brewing Co. Its popular lineup of refreshing, made from scratch microbrews includes beers that have won awards at the Great American Beer festival, the World Beer Cup and other competitions. Enjoy a romantic dinner in our candlelit dining room or a more casual dining experience in our pub. In the summer, we offer the added attraction of dining on our outdoor patio under a trellis of wild Cascade hops.
eagle river, w,i usa
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was invited to this place by a relative who lives in the area. Overall a very nice place for a small town. Food was good but some of the ensue items were higher in price than I thought they would be. I am sure that there are places of equal in the area that are cheaper. Our food was good and service was average. If I was invited to return I would but if I were looking for a place to eat in Lander I most likely would try another place. I would say that for Lander it is an upscale establishment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dequincy, Louisiana
“Inpressed but the wrong way”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went there once and almost got up and walked out. The service was poor and the food was not to my liking. Maybe we were there on the wrong night but I have never went back. Sorry.

Visited June 2012
Lansing, Michigan
“great handcrafted beers and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

this place is a real find in a small town like Lander. the chef knows his way around the kitchen, especially with seasonal fresh fish. get there early for the specials, they sell out fast. good selection of beer brewed on site

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wyoming
“great dining, all the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've dined at Cowfish many times and the food is always excellent, the service never fails and the experience overall is always memorable. For a special meal anytime, you will enjoy Cowfish.

Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Odd name, great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

After driving thru the West from Minnesota and not finding much in the way of healthy or tasty cuisine once into the Dakotas, this place really stood out. A very pleasant atmosphere (I ate outside next to a garden-like area on their patio. Superb cosmopolitan food with emphasis on healthy and fresh. And with a fine selection of brews to boot. I visited in August and am only getting around to writing my review now but I recall reading that they often use produce fresh from their own garden. What a fantastic dining experience in what is otherwise a food wasteland for the most part.

• Visited August 2012