“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Spur Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1240 W. Main Street, Lander, WY 82520   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lander
Boulder, Colorado
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in the motel in a double bed room unit with my Mother-in-law. We were passing through to Yellowstone. The room was clean, comfortable and functional. No complaints. I'll stay here on our next trip through Lander.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Silver Spur Motel over the 4th of July holiday 2012. I was traveling East after a trip though Jackson Hole and had heard good things about Lander's 4th of July festivities. The staff was very helpful in guiding me to fun things to do around town. The building and room were well kept and very clean and the balcony out front was a great place to relax. My room was air condioned ( I hate having to stay in a hot room) and the bed and bedding smelled fresh and clean. Finally, my kids LOVED the pool and swam for hours. The pool was clean and in great condition. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2012
Lovell, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I recieve an extra chatge on my credit card in addition to room fees.
This fees were to convert my american money convert to their choice of currency at my expense.

• Stayed August 2011
, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Spur Motel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to notify us of your issue while staying at our property. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible..

I do apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occured during your stay. Please understand at NO time do we EVER charge a currency exchange rate fee. This is unheard of since we do business in the American dollar. I do however, invite you to please give me a call so we can resolve this issue at hand and find a solution for anything that was misinterpreted.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding during your stay and we hope to accomodate you in the future.

Sincerely
John
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The Silver Spur in Lander, WY is an older property that is well-maintained and clean. Nice, non-chain motel where you can park in front of your room. One of my main determinants of a good place is the quality (size, thickness, softness, etc) of the bath towels. This place wins that criteria in spades -- a most pleasant surprise! The room had a fridge and micro in addition to a coffee maker. It has everything you need and does it at a very reasonable price. This place is a terrific value. Plus Tootie at registration was very personable and helpful. (And she's not a cronie!! <lol>)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

When traveling, my husband and I like to stay at Mom and Pop motels, we prefer a "warm welcoming" than the cheap smiles you get at a national chain. It is always risk doing this, but Silver Spur did not disappoint. We were greeted by a man at the front desk who was very helpful by providing us a map to navigate thru town and all the local restaurants that he liked. When we got to our room, it was a bit cold but once we turned on the heater it warmed in a few minutes. The only thing I needed was a few extra towels, because I like to dry my hair. I rang the front desk and within a few minutes the clerk gave me my towels, and asked if there was anything else I may needed. I didn't but this type of service made my day after the long drive we had.The motel wast very clean and quiet, it was quite fitting and I will come again!!

Room Tip: *I think every room has one, but make sure you ask for a room with a fridge and a microwave!! Very n...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Most incredibly unprofessional display of service I have ever seen. Returned after dinner to a broken lock on our door and informed management who attempted to open the door and realized the lock was broken. After a few minutes of trying to open the door he left and told me to continue trying to open the door. He then returned with a butter knife a few minutes later and continued trying to break in. After this not working for ten minutes he then contracted the help of two of his cronies who ended up drilling out the door as me and my girlfriend stood in freezing cold weather for at least twenty minutes. No mention throughout this whole process of any kind of refund or putting us in a room that didn't have a drilled out lock. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
silverspur_11, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Spur Motel, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
I would like to apologize for the experience you had with our hotel. It is the policy of the hotel to ensure every guest is comfortable and satisfied. The cleanliness & security of the hotel is our top priority and is always being improved. I do want to strenously apologize for the misfortune of your stay and the problems that occured during it. I invite you back to the Silver Spur Motel in hopes to rectify our mistakes. Please accept 25% off your next stay with in hopes to accomodate you in the future.

Jhan Zeb
Longview, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We like independents and places where we can park outside the door. The staff was friendly and attentive, our room was clean and comfortable. Small spray area on the shower head but the water pressure was very good. The TV remote was missing the back (batteries held in with tape) so you had to hold it just right to make it work. Yes, we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Spur Motel? Share your experiences!