“Renovations in progress” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
logan, ut
“Renovations in progress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Location and price couldn't be beat for this comfortable place. The remodel does help the rooms up-to-date but starts early and is quite loud. We arrived to find a nearly empty parking lot, and a large dumpster below our second floor room. The room was frigid on arrival but quickly heated up. While the room looked nice, some of the remodeling is a little strange - bathroom w/c has a pocket door that can be tricky to use. The bathroom was very, very, small the room we stayed. Brass headboard was broken, and beds were very noisy. I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room away from other renovations. I asked for a quiet room and have to say that...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Three generations of "girls" spent a fun weekend at the Parkway Inn and everyone enjoyed the experience. I loved the proximity to all our Jackson activities; shopping, eating, and entertainment. We were able to spend from Friday afternoon thru Sunday morning without ever having to use our cars once! My granddaughters loved the indoor pool (swam both days) while my daughter and I enjoyed the hot tub (one of 2 so no crowding!). The breakfast satisfied all the appetites and the two TVs kept the evenings entertainment satisfied. We went to Ripley's Believe-It-or-Not Saturday afternoon and had an ice cream treat afterward at Haagen Dazs. The Parkway Inn is affordable, comfortable, and has all the feel of a home away from home. The antiques and the cozy feel of the room made our stay homey in spite of the overcast weather.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We needed to stay in Jackson just for 1 night in order to catch our flight at Jackson airport in the morning (after visiting Yellowstone NP). We searched for a long time to conclude that form some reason all hotels in jackson are quite expensive on the one hand, without offering higher than usual standards on the other hand. After staying here 1 night, we do not really understand what makes people decide to visit this town: located in the middle of nowhere, it is not an attractive town, hotels are nothing special, restaurants are nothing special, if it wasn't for its airport, we would never have come here ...
The Parkway Inn looks a bit like a motel on the outside. The lobby is a rather small room with a small desk and a very small stairway to the second floor where our room was. Positive point: there was a computer available with free internet! The rooms was a nice-size, clean and quiet room, but very old-fashioned decorated. The bathroom was okay and had a separate toilet with a ventilator louder than an airplane.
Staff was helpful, they helped us with a cab for the airport. A taxi to the airport is also not cheap: the airport is located some 9 miles outside the town, there is no hotel next to the airport, so you have no choice but staying in town, taxis charge 35 USD for 2 persons, and 42 USD for 3 persons.
All in all, considering the poor choice of hotels in Jackson, the Parkway is acceptable, though certainly not worth the money they charge!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed Oct 2-5. Roomspacious & comfortable, bathroom on small side, continental breakfast typical - unfortunately they served only Starbuck's which I can't drink so had to do without my morning coffee. Lemonade & desert snack in afternoon nice but soe cold afternoons wished they had switched over to hot cider!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! Just a couple of blocks from the art galleries and restaurants of Jackson Hole. Friendly staff and helpful. The owner is charming, and anxious to talk about all the things to do in town. The facility has a good (but not elaborate) fitness room, a modest indoor swimming pool, sauna and most of the accoutrements of a larger hotel -- but without compromising its warmth and intimacy. Excellent breakfast served, and brownies in the lobby through-out the day. Parking was a little crowded, because it's a popular place. We'd recommend this jewel to anyone. Great value too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I ended up here due to purchasing a Groupon. Unfortunately, they didn't have superior rooms available during the time I needed so I had to upgrade to a suite. Overall, the hotel was clean and comfortable. Having coffee in the morning on my private balcony was a major plus. That said, the pool is tiny. Photos don't show the true size. This was nothing more than a lap pool with room for no more than two swimmers max. It did have a nice selection of breakfast items and the fresh lemonade and cookies at check in was a nice plus also. That said, the WiFi in my room did not work upon check in. I was advised by the front desk clerk that it was working fine in all the rooms so it must be my problem. I'm going to condense a long heated discussion which ended when I took the computer to the lobby where it worked fine. The manager on duty re-set the WiFi connection and it finally worked in my room. Next morning same problem all over again except this time a simple re-set didn't remedy the problem. I really don't appreciate having to fight with a desk clerk over getting something that I assume was calculated into the cost of my room. Furthermore, on the first morning, (I stayed two nights) they forgot to send my wake up call. It was explained that they had just reconfigured their phone system and the call probably went to another room! It wasn't a disaster but had it happened the next morning when I had a plane to catch, the results would have been different. Maybe they were just having a bad week. Maybe the afternoon desk clerk will find another job. But I really could not recommend this place to a friend.

Room Tip: Second floor suites have a nice balcony however across the street from a public park and might get n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I met with another couple and stayed for several nights at this most enchanting little privately owned hotel. Antique style furniture, drapes, walls and wallpapper, and an equally charming owner / General Manager.

No Smoking in rooms at all and no dogs allowed. Everything was very clean and had the personal touches that you don't find in the big chain hotels. What a pleasure, I almost didn't want to tell too many people about this little gem. We will be back in Jacksons Hole and we will want to stay there again. I forgot to mention that they have 2 spas, a lap pool & workout room.

Room Tip: We were in the cottage which was the oldest part, but the dacor was very similar with ours in what w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!