“All About the People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Tallahassee, Florida
“All About the People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I, along with two other couples, stayed at the Inn six nights: Feb. 3-7 and 11-13, 2013. My wife and I stayed in the Harlequin (Feb. 3-7) and the Mallard (Feb. 11-13). Both rooms were spacious and clean, had great views of the creek (and the ducks and Trumpeter Swans), and great beds. The Mallard has two windows while the Harlequin has a small balcony and a double sink in the bathroom.

Other benefits: a hearty and tasty breakfast every morning; wine and cheese in the evening; plenty of parking; walking distance to the center of Jackson; and the quiet!

The thing I loved the most about our stay at the Inn were the people: Amy and Casey Morton, the owners, along with their staff, Lindsey (and Sam), Robyn, and Kelly. All of them were so gracious, friendly, and helpful. Their recommendations for entertainment and dinning options were perfect. Even if the Inn weren't satisfying (which it surely was), I'd stay at the Inn again just to see them all again! In fact, it was the people of the Inn that convinced me to rate the Inn "excellent," which is a rating I rarely give.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here twice for one night, one on my trip into Yellowstone, one on my way out. This is a perfect place! It is convenient because one can easily walk into the town but the more important facts: great rooms, very comfortable! Never had a Jacuzzi by a fireplace in my room before - great! They serve wine & cheese in the evening and a great breakfast, with all you can imagine, fresh orange juice, pancakes, Quiche and so much more, all self-made and most of it right in in that moment, individually for you. Both are very helpful with excellent recommendations (if it is about dinner or travel or...). This is a really excellent location with so much personality. Not just that I absolutely recommend this place – I will come back on my next trip into the area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for 9 nights over Christmas, we could not have chosen a better place to stay, it was superb. My husband & I were in King Jacuzzi Fireplace 1 room which has lots of space, was cosy and very comfortable, my sister & brother in law had the Studio King which you access from outside round the back of the property overlooking the creek again the room was lovely and has the added bonus of a massive shower and jacuzzi tub. We had a really nice welcome from Amy and her daughter Sally who showed us the rooms and explained everything about the Inn - the cookies & coffee at 4pm, cheese & wine from 5pm until around 7pm, breakfast from 8 - 10am. Lindsey the Inn Manager works Monday to Thursday from 8 to 8 and is a real asset to the Inn,will do anything to help make your stay more enjoyable, making suggestions on places to eat, booking
restaurants and tours, she knew all the guests first names even with new people arriving every day and took an interest in what everyone was doing or had done that day. The Inn was in a great location for walking around Jackson and going to restaurants at night without the need to take your car anywhere. Skiing at Jackson Hole Mountain was around 15 mins drive away with Grand Targhee Resort around an hour to an hour & half depending on the weather over the pass but its definitely worth it. We'd all recommend a visit to Jackson in winter as its beautiful and a stay at the brilliant Inn on the Creek.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
norwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Words really cannot express the experience we had at The Inn on the Creek! The owners and staff were so accommodating with cookies and fresh fruit at the door all the time and wine and cheese in the evenings. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable and ample. Last but not least the breakfasts we had from Tuesday thru Saturday were the best food ever on the whole trip and we ate out every meal. We had hot foods right from the oven (bacon) and fresh made, hot off the stove, were pancakes made from a special receipe from the owner's mother. Other favorites were hot chocolate chip muffins and sausage pies with fresh squeezed orange juice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I spent 5 nights in December and it was the most amazing, comfortable and perfect B&B with gracious Inn Keepers, Amy & Casey. Each breakfast a treat and I thoroughly enjoyed the wine & cheese in the evening. My room was so comfortable and the jacuzzi by the fireplace unique and memorable. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent a long weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Everything was perfect! The owners and staff are very hospitable, and friendly. The rooms and property are beautiful. We left our expensive camera by mistake. I called to ask if it had been found. Within a couple of days, it was delivered to our doorstep. We really appreciated that! We would love to visit again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We recently spent three wonderful nights at the Inn on the Creek and would highly recommend it for anyone looking for something above and beyond the normal B and B experience. First, it's in a great location--an easy walk to he town centre--however, the location on the creek gives it a sense of quiet and some solitude. Second, it always comes down the staff, all else being roughly equal--and the staff is just great. I felt like they truly appreciated our presence and they could not do enough to accommodate us. Fantastic breakfast, by the way.

Pam and Tom.
Oct 2012

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Inn on the Creek? Share your experiences!