The Lodge at Jackson Hole (the former Best Western) describes itself as a 'mini-suite hotel'. That means that each room is larger than normal and has space for a sofa which can be turned into an extra bed. In addition to a larger than average room the bathroom was larger than normal. The shower, with both a rotating shower head and a 'rainforest' style shower head, can easily be used by two or even three at a time.
The hotel is modern but was built in a 'rustic' timber frame design. It is located on a quiet side street about two miles from downtown Jackson. There is free bus service from in front of the hotel to downtown Jackson every 30 min. (this is the public bus). There are also three computers in a hall near the lobby which can be used to access the internet (no charge). Free Wi-Fi is also available
The rooms were clean and well maintained. Since my last visit to this hotel the entire interior of the hotel, including all of the rooms, has been remodeled. The rooms are now decorated in 'Western' style with 'heavy' wood trim in dark colors and with lots of Indian (American Indian) artwork. All of the beds have been replaced with 'pillow top' style beds. The beds are rather high off the floor and I found them to be a bit soft.
A buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room. The breakfast had the same menu every day. In addition to cold cereal, bagels, toast, fruit and juice there were several hot dishes including eggs. There is no lunch service at the hotel and very limited food service for dinner so plan to go out to eat. There are four or five good places to eat within a block or two of the hotel including one next door which offers many dishes made from deer, elk, etc.
During the winter there is free bus service to/from the Jackson Hole ski slope twice in the morning and twice in the evening. The trip takes about 20 min. each way. Otherwise you can take the public bus from in front of the hotel to the ski slope for $3 per person each way. Lockers for ski/board storage are provided at no cost.
In addition, the hotel now offers free transfers to/from the Jackson Hole airport. The trip takes about 20 min. each way. One needs to call a day or two before arrival with flight information to arrange for a pickup at the airport. Someone from the hotel will have a sign with your name on it for identification. You also need to sign up the day before you leave for the airport (or give them your flight information for both arrival and departing flights when you arrange for your airport pickup).
For Jackson this hotel is a good value (Jackson is a very expensive town to visit or to live in). The only downside of the hotel, since my last visit, is the recent addition if a ‘resort fee’ to cover the upgrade of the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Lodge At Jackson Hole Hotel
- Best Western Plus The Lodge At Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Best Western Jackson
- Jackson Best Western
- Jackson Hole Wy
- Jackson Hole Best Western
- The Lodge At Jackson Hole WY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jackson Hole's Newest in Luxury - complete renovation Spring 2012. Experience the area's newest and most luxurious accommodations offering generous amenities, stylish rustic decor and unsurpassed comfort. Each mini suite beckons for guests to unwind with presidential double pillow top mattresses complete with plush bedding linens and accents, as well as a spacious sitting area featuring a sleeper sofa. The spacious bathrooms offer granite countertops, plush robes and fine bath amenities. After a day of outdoor adventure in Jackson Hole, we invite you to relax and experience the best in technology with a 52" LCD LED 3D television and Blu-ray player, iHome alarm clock, and a large desk with a built-in electronic hub, ideal for any traveler. Hotel amenities include a new restaurant serving innovative cuisine, a newly designed indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, and a state-of-the art fitness center. We offer a complimentary gourmet breakfast to our guests each morning. The local town shuttle makes regular stops at The Lodge at Jackson Hole making getting around town easy and convenient. Dining and shopping in Jackson Hole are located nearby. This hotel is centrally located near Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Snake River. Great nearby recreational activities include fishing, whitewater rafting, hunting, sightseeing at national parks, hiking, biking, skiing, snowmobiling and horseback riding. Find luxurious accommodations whether exploring Jackson Hole or the Grand Tetons at this hotel gem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Charlestowne Hotels, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Lodge at Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.