“Nice,a little pricey..” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Orange, Florida
“Nice,a little pricey..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

This is our 2 nd time back.. Wow! The remodel was beautiful.. Our room was beautiful and cozy. We had to get the fireplace.. Its gas now.I liked it better when they had the logs.. It was more expensive this year.. I may find another place to stay next year.. Honestly we were not in the room enough.I would have liked to of had the xtra money I paid for the room to ski and snow mobile more.

• Stayed January 2013
RaniLodge, General Manager at The Lodge at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We are so glad that you choose to return to our property and enjoyed your stay again. We miss the logs for the fireplaces as well but unfortunately there were considered a fire hazard so all of the remaining fireplaces are now gas. Our renovated rooms are magnificent and we have upgraded our hotel and room amenities as well. All in all, we realize our rates have increased somewhat but most find that the overall value is substantial! We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Thai first
Waco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great service! Complimentary hotel shuttle around town, to ski and to airport. Big hot breakfast(eggs, potatoes, bacon,sausage,pastries, fruit,...). A lot of atmosphere. Comfortable beds. Good location. Highly recommend. Great value. Quit, clean rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RaniLodge, General Manager at The Lodge at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at many Best Westerns on our road trip around the USA and without a doubt this hotel was the best one out of all of them.
From the impressive foyer area the generous size rooms with separate seating area and workstation desk area all excellent.
There is an indoor and outdoor hot tub a sauna and the swimming pool is part indoor part outdoor.
Breakfast was ample and of good quality.

Room Tip: Asked at check in if there was a room with a bear on the balcony and we got one
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are glad that you enjoyed your recent visit to the US and were able to stay with us while in the Jackson Hole area. Our recent renovations and service upgrades have delighted everyone. Additionally, as of this past December we are no longer a Best Western property. We are now called the Lodge at Jackson Hole. We look forward to seeing you again.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had booked a 4 day snowmobile trip and decided to stay here for 2 days before our trip. What a wonderful hotel stay! The hotel is nice & clean, great decor and very friendly staff! The rooms were to start, the rain shower was a nice touch, big comfy beds, the b-fast was awesome!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of the Lodge. We are so pleased that we could be a part of such fantastic memories. The Lodge at Jackson Hole is locally owned and operated and has had the same owners from the beginning. We've just added a fantastic renovation and upgrade of services whereby we aim to be THE place to stay while in the Jackson area. Reviews like yours help to get the word out to others. Also, we love Eleanors as well - definitely a local's favorite.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I just got back from an 8 day snowboarding trip to Jackson Hole with my girl friend and have a lot to tell you. I stayed at this hotel about 7 years ago when it was part of the Best Western chain and enjoyed it so I decided to go back... You may be thinking "best western??? I'll look somewhere else" but it wasn't like any best western I had ever seen and is 10x's better now. I'm not sure who owns the hotel now but they added a lot of nice upgrades.
I'll start with my 1st call to them before I booked the trip. I was wondering if I needed to pay for a shuttle service to get to the hotel so I called to ask if it was cheaper to take a taxi. The guy who answered the phone was great. He told me that starting in mid December that they would have a free shuttle service to and from the airport and just to call back once my trip was book to confirm my arrival time. After that we talked on the phone for about 5-10 minutes with me asking about the weather, snow, how much Jackson had changed (if at all) in the years since I was last there. After we hung up I immediately booked by trip staying at The Lodge or "Bear" Lodge as the locals call it.
When we arrived and walked into the airport there was a very nice guy standing there holding a sign that said "Chaney" (my last name) and my girlfriend ran over to take a picture with him holding the sign. We got our bags, loaded up the 15 passenger van and on our way out of the airport he stopped by the famous Jackson Hole sign and asked if we would like to get out and take a picture, so we did. The ride to the hotel was full of pleasant conversation.
The Room -
We had a Mini King Suite with a Fire Place and the room was great, plenty of space, clean, a large bathroom with a great shower (and water pressure... I hate places with bad water pressure), the furniture and the decor of the room was nice. My only complaint of the entire experience of The Lodge had to be the bed was on the very firm side. It wasn't a cheap bed but just a lot firmer then I personally like.
Staff -
The staff of the Lodge was AWESOME, Every single person I met, talked to and dealt with were some of the nicest people I have ever met. There's not really anything else I can say about them... they All were great.
Service -
The Service and services offered were also 5 stars. The same service they offer to and from the airport they offer anywhere around town until 11pm. We used this to the point I felt bad, they took us all over town and picked us up for free multiple times a day no matter where it was in Jackson (they even picked us up at some local friends house at 10:30pm) and if the van happens to be on an airport run and you don't want to wait the town shuttle has a stop right in front of the hotel and its also free. The Lodge also offers 2 morning shuttles that take you to the mountain (8:15 & 9:15am) for free and pick up service at 4:30. If you don't want to stay on the mountain that long then the Start Bus is only $3 to get back.
Pool -
The Pool and Hot Tubs are great. Its a heated pool that is 1/2 inside and 1/2 outside and they have 2 Hot tubs (1 inside and the other outside) although I don't know why anyone would be at the hot tub inside. There's nothing like a hard day on the mountain then coming back to the room, grabbing a drink at the bar and sitting in a hot tub when its 0 degrees outside and lightly snowing!

Bar / Food
They put in a small bar which is nice and like everyone else the bartender was awesome. They said they are putting in a restaurant in the coming months but they do offer a full breakfast for FREE every morning. I read some other people reviews that said it gets Monotonous... well go buy your breakfast somewhere else then. They offer Bacon, Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Cereal, Oatmeal, Granola, Bagels, Toast, Danishes, Starbucks Coffee, Fresh Fruit and more that I am probably forgetting. Are there better breakfasts in town... yes (Bubbas), but this is pretty good and free. They also offer a small bar menu (once the bar opens) that we only had the Chili from and it was good.

I could go on and on about how much we loved this vacation and Jackson Hole but I will stop now and leave you with this... If I am staying in Jackson Hole it will Always be at The "Bear" Lodge.

PS Ask about Eleanors (http://eleanorsagain.com/) Its a short walk to a local Bar & Grill with plenty of TV's for whatever games and they have the best wings I have ever had (Honey, Chili Garlic). This is definitely a locals spot but that's the kind of places I love. I met some locals that I will always stay friends with and the bartenders & owner were great. We went here 4 times in 8 days and they are also attached to a liquor store if you need to grab anything for your room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed one night at The Lodge at Jackson Hole. Check in was a breeze and we appreciated being able to check in a little early. Large room slept our family of 5 comfortably. Family loved the
shower! Microwave and small fridge were a nice convenience. Bedding was of a nice quality as were the towels. Housekeeping was helpful when needed. Our little guy enjoyed the pool and thought it was fun to swim from inside to outside and back. We have stayed at the Four Seasons in the village on a previous trip which was incredible, but for a short stay before our flight the next
day this place was a great option! Breakfast was included and a nice value! We would certainly
return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
chaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went to the Lodge for Xmas , Service in partcular the front desk and bell staff could not be more helpful, Picked us up at the airport, told how to catch the bus to teton village, how to get back from there on the public bus , took us downtown when the van was available and picked us up when we called
Hotel was clean nicely decorated with a great breakfast and the restauarant open whilst we were there, understood a limited menu due to the small size of the kitchen but the portions were huge and on Xmas day the restauarnt was extremely busy and with only one barman and one chef they coped extremely well.
We will go back and recommend to our friends

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!