“Best value in town of Jackson Hole” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #24 of 40 hotels in Jackson
Rochester, New York
“Best value in town of Jackson Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is my fourth trip to JH staying at the MPL. It is my home away from home; clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff and GREAT location. If you need a 5 star hotel with a spa and gourmet dining, go next door. However, for an affordable Western experience in JH, this is the place to stay! MPL is within a short walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and entertainment. I am coming back next year, but won't tell you my favorite room to stay!

Mary Ann Clark
Rochester, NY

Room Tip: Ask the staff. They are most helpful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our room was upstairs,the gentleman did help us carry our luggage up there. They said there were no rooms downstairs, only the more expensive suites. The ice machine is useless as it is not for using in drinks only for chilling due to health law saying it must be inside not outside. I wonder why they just can't move it inside somewhere? No counter, no table to eat on, no bathroom counter/vanity upstairs.No usefull electric plugs, I bring a strip to plug in my camer/cell chargers.The breakfast muffins were wonderful, I think they were probably costly at the local bakery. Employees were nice but it still had an "odd" feeling and everything was expensive in Jackson. We stayed there as a base to explore the 2 National parks whick were beautiful. I must add that we extended our stay one more day to explore a national park and our upstairs room was booked. They did put us downstairs in a extended small part of a separate family room. It is usually not rented separatly but since no one was using it we got it. I found this room more cheery and it seemed a bit larger and didn't have to climb stairs after hiking all day. There are 2 major grocery stores nearby for supplies.Only 2 other customers while we were there, so we had the parking lot to ourselves. My rating is based on the cost and value of expensive Jackson itself,otherwise the value would be far less. Money does not go very far here.This is an older "remodeled" motel and hot upstairs. I would stay somewhere else next time, but probably won't be in Jackson again, it changed since I was there many years ago.

Room Tip: I had a regular room with micro and refer, maybe the more expensive rooms with the jacuzzi are bette...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Crossett, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Miller Park Lodge is a nice, clean comfortable place. It's not upscale, and the view from the windows is limited - but we're the kind of family that's up early and off to the Tetons to see the views up close. We want clean room to sleep in and watch a little tv and that's about it. The upsides are the location, the rate and the cleanliness. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't just reserve on-line. Talk to the staff.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

My wife and I were on a motorcycle tour of the western US. I found this hotel on the net and chose it because of it's affordability and central location. Because it was one of the least expensive hotels in Jackson Hole, my expectations weren't very high.

We arrived and immediatly observed an older building however, it did look like it had been well maintained over the years. Still keeping a "neutral" expectation, we registered (early in the day, but the room had just been cleaned so they let us go in) and went to our room. We were very surprised to find a very, very nice room with king bed, fireplace and jacuzzi tub in the room along with microwave, refer, hair dryer, etc.

The hotel is only two short block walk to the town square yet a very quiet location (across the street from Miller Park). We walked over to the town square at mid day just to explore and again in the evening for dinner.

The room is comfortably furnished, modern carpet pattern and wall colors and plush bedding. We both slept very well. It was very, very quiet here....we didn't even hear the other guests but that could have been because we had an upstairs room on the end. But in fairness, even coming and going, we just did not hear any noise. I use an air card so I'm not sure about the internet service.

The ice machine is right at the bottom of the stairs, centrally located for all guests.

This was our first time to visit Jackson however, we'd recommend this hotel to anybody visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

This is a very friendly place peacefully located away from the hustle and bustle of the ski lodges.

Stayed March 2007
Parker, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

The bad: The property's website indicates that this place had "recently been completely renovated and remodelled". Ummm, I would have to disagree with this statement.

Some work had obviously been done to our room (newer, but already stained, carpet; newer tile floor), but everything else looked pretty shabby. The towel bar was clinging to the bathroom wall by force of will alone and the toilet seat was so worn out there was no paint left in spots! Bathroom counter, tub/shower, and faucets looked old and cheap - certainly not new in the last 10 years and nothing like the bathroom pictured on the website. (Apparently, we didn't get the remodelled room.)

The door to the room (which opened to an exterior walkway) was so old and loose you could see light around the edges - probably not too comfy if you stay during the winter ski season. Luckily, there was a deadbolt to supplement the flimsy handset lock. A/C was a small, wall-mounted unit that froze up after 1 night's use - mercifully, we were able to open the windows and let in some air.

On our second day there, we needed an iron and board to touch up some clothes for dinner - the front desk found an ironing board - but no irons?!? Luckily, Jackson is pretty casual and a wrinkled appearance didn't draw any dirty looks.

The good: The staff was very friendly and gladly assisted with dinner reservations and area info. The room seemed pretty clean and was promptly serviced daily when we left. Check-in and check-out were smooth. Jacuzzi tub (in the middle of the room) was nice, had a fireplace next to it, but I didn't run the jets. The only detraction of the tub was that it takes up a huge chunk of the room, leaving the bed about 3 feet from the entrance door to the room.

Overall: If I weren't in super-expensive Jackson Hole, this would have been a total rip-off. This was one of the least expensive places I found - most decent properties can run $200-$400 per night from what I saw on the net. In the future, I'll spend more to stay at a place that's been more thoroughly reviewed. The only reason I didn't move to another hotel was the lack of vacancy anywhere else in town. Even the best staff can't make up for a dumpy room.

• Liked — Friendly front desk staff
  • Disliked — Shabby, motel-quality room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2003

The actual hotel was fine and the continental breakfast was decent, but the service was poor. When I called to make a reservation the first time their computers were down and the second time the owner accidentally hung up on me. This should have been my first clue to go elsewhere, but I stuck with the Prospector hotel because the photos on the Internet looked good and the price seemed right. When we got there they had our reservation incorrect and ended up charging us for an extra night's stay (the night before we were to arrive). He argued with us that he could have rented the room out to other people. Because of this comment and the fact that they had charged us for the room already, we assumed that they would have the room available immediately when we arrived (around 11 am), although they didn't. They said we would have to come back at 3pm to check in. I figured if they hadn't rented our room out to someone else, it should have been ready for us when we first arrived. We stayed because there was nowhere else to go. Their ice machine was broken also. Overall, the experience really put us in a bad mood and dampened our excitement to be in Jackson Hole. To top it off I had to interupt an argument between the owner and someone else in order to check out. There are plenty of other decent hotels in Jackson Hole--find another one!

Been to Miller Park Lodge? Share your experiences!