“Great Room...One of my best experiences in Jackson!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Eagle Inn

Golden Eagle Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Golden Eagle Inn
You added Golden Eagle Inn to your Saves list
325 E Broadway, Jackson, WY 83001   |
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
“Great Room...One of my best experiences in Jackson!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great motel for a very reasonable price in the Jackson area. It is located just two small blocks away from the town square (where all the shops and restaurants are located). The entire staff was friendly and very helpfull. The towels and sheets were all like new and the softest on our trip. I am a clean freak and this place was definitly up to my high standards. They tripple sheet the beds and make cleanliness a priority. It is an older style motel but the owners said they are always making improvements and you can tell, the place looks great. Best bang for your buck anywhere in Jackson. I am planning to come back here everytime I visit Jackson!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

First off, I am a simple person and I don't need expensive things or hotels to please me. If you want expensive and extravagant, this place is not for you. This place was simple, pleasing, and nice. It was quiet and clean and a fair price for little gem of a motel. The owner was nice and helpful. It's two walkable blocks from the town square. My mother complained of her bed being hard, but she and I still slept wonderfully.

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Clean, comfortable, great location , the room is large and you can back your car up to the door. Towels were like new. There was a downside. This is an older motel and, if you get a bottom room, then you can hear every step of the guest in the room above yours. Bummer, especially, if they go to bed late, or, as in our case, get up at 5:30am. There was no mini-breakfast or coffee but the have a little coffee maker in the room that made really bad tasting coffee. $99 (Sept) Good value for Jackson, WY.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd level.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

It is not fancy and was selected for being close to town plaza and having the lowest motel price in an area where motels are way overpriced. At the price I paid I got what I expected. Certainly not fancy it was clean and quiet. I had asked for an upstairs room away from the street to avoid noise mentioned by other raters and this seemed to work.The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is very convenient to the downtown plaza, just 2 very-walkable blocks off, and had plenty of parking. I think its location is its best quality. The only issue was that there was no pool open. I had need of a pool as a small boy was to travel with us. I was told the pool was open at initial contact with staff but upon arrival it was closed(luckily for us, our small traveler did not join us). By the looks of it, it had not been open for weeks???? So don't stay if you expect to lounge by the pool. It was not
"lonely" and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street would be quieter...though Broadway was not that busy a street at night an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed in the 2BR house behind the hotel. The motel is an older, sixties-style motel that sits about 2 (walkable) blocks from town. The home was spacious and very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was perfect for our needs. I loved being able to walk to town each day, and with a family of 5, it was really nice to have some breathing space after we'd been all in one room in the park hotels. Don't let the negative reviews scare you, you just need an accurate understanding of what you are booking. It's not going to be a fancy hotel, rather a older, fair-priced property in a great location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We spent two nights here, and it was a lonely feeling to find that you're the only guests in a hotel, with just a cell phone number posted in the office window. The place seems to be maybe undergoing some DIY refurbishing, or maybe going out of business.
The room was clean and adequate, up a worn outside staircase. Pool was empty and derelict-looking. Location was good, a short walk to the main square in Jackson, and the lady who checked us in was pleasant. But it's all a bit spooky, especially after dark.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I'm sorry but the beds in this place did feel like I was sleeping on a door. You don't have too many bargin choices in the Jackson Hole area but I think next time I will save up and spend a little more and not stay here. Old place, super low toilet (hard for people with knee issues to use) expensive for what you get. No breakfast. There is a coffee maker in the room. Mom wanted postcards. The manager said she used to have some (yes there was an empty rack in the lobby/office) but she ran out and the salesman had not come back. Okay. We wanted to leave early, but there was no one in the office until 8 A.M. and no key drop so we just left the key in the room. Oh well. Overall it was clean, no bed bugs and fairly quiet. Not near the center of town. Maybe skip this place unless there is no where else to stay. Not a good "bargin".

Room Tip: Creaky floors, upstairs and down. If you don't want to hear people above you, get an upstairs r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Golden Eagle Inn? Share your experiences!