“Nice Cabin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kudar Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Kudar Motel
You added Kudar Motel to your Saves list
260 N Cache Dr, Jackson, WY 83001   |
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Riverton, Wyoming
“Nice Cabin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We didn't have a reservation for this place, and it wasn't a problem. The cabin was adorable. It had a King sized bed, and a flat screen TV. I did notice the pillow cases were extremely worn..you could see through them in several places. I mention this only because it might bother some people; it didn't bother us at all. The bathroom was very small, and there was some dirt under the sink and in the corner behind the toilet. The flooring in the bathroom was old and worn. That absolutely would not stop us from stopping in again, as at $109 the room was quite reasonable, especially for Jackson.

Room Tip: I definitely would want a cabin.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the Kudar Motel for the Labor Day Holiday - I had stayed there many years ago and remembered the remarkable, friendly service and the nastolgic look of this cute motel. This was the first time for my husband and he loved this place !! It was clean, I had more towels there than any other motel I have ever stayed at...and they smelled amazing and the service was still as friendly as I remember. We rode up on our motorcycle and hit some rain - my husband was impressed with the cart they had available with towels and cleaning supplies so he could clean his bike. I love this quaint motel and will stay here again the next time I come to Jackson Hole.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The cabins looked like they might be a bit nicer but the only room availalbe the night I went was in the motel. To be fair I have to say everything seemed very clean but it was run down enough that I wasn't completely comfortable with my stay. As another reviewer mentioned there was a smell of freshly washed dog for some reason even though they don't allow pets.

I suppose I would stay here again in a pinch (good location, clean, inexpensive) but I would look elsewhere first OR make sure I got a cabin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as a last resort. We had intentions of camping in Grand Teton National Park but all the campgrounds were full. The room was extremely tiny and the bathroom with even smaller. My husband barely even fit into the stand up shower and there was no tub. The walls are plywood and are not painted. It does have good access to all of Jackson's downtown accommodations which are within walking distance. They also had hot coffee in the morning in the lobby. Those are really the only 2 good things I can say about this place. I would definitely recommend it. I would take my chances camping in the back country and being eaten by a bear before you could convince me to stay in here again

• Stayed August 2012
The Blue Planet
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at Kudar Motel in July 2012. It was the cheapest place we could find in Jackson, WY that was still available. We stayed at the motel room, so I'm not sure how the cabins were inside; still, the entire property looked quite dated outside.
The motel room we stayed in was equipped with a fridge, microwave, cable TV, and free WiFi. The room had a tiny bathroom with a tiny shower, which would be ok for a child or a skinny adult. While the sheets were clean and the room looked in order, there was another thing that really bothered us. The room had spiders and spider nets anywhere you looked. However, no need to worry for the little creatures as they looked very healthy, well fed and well cared for. No animal cruelty, no distruction of their nets, and no attemps to get rid of the arachnids. The room was full of them, and there was also a decent diversity, so it almost felt like visiting a creepy zoo.
It was our 2nd trip to the Tetons, and while the first time around we thought that staying at Pony Express Motel was a bit pricy, needless to say that for the third trip we'll gladly spend more again to have the privacy of our room instead of sharing it with tens of spiders.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The reviews are all correct, both the positive ones and the negative ones. There are terrific things about this place and bothersome things. We stayed in a "two bedroom" cabin. It was very quaint and mostly comfortable. There was a Q bed in the separate bedroom (very small) and a Q bed plus a rollaway in the living room. Very few outlets and a lot of plugs stuffed into the existing ones. Bathroom has access from both rooms. Shower decent but spills water on the floor no matter how careful you are. Bathroom window opens (outward) but may decapitate you if you're not paying attention. The small a/c unit was in the bedroom and really didn't cool the living room except that we had brought a small fan (and extension cord) along to help out. Fridge was good sized and had a freezer to chill ice packs (many modern motel units do not have freezers). WiFi was a bit spotty. Folks in the office were enormously friendly. No way to turn off porch light which attracts bugs, many of which get into the room when you enter. Park right outside the door. Pretty grounds, close to town, much more reasonably priced than most Jackson accommodations. In all, a hit or miss proposition but nothing horrible that should keep you away, at least from the cabins.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very old place and as such a cramped shower, bathroom, etc. Definitely clean however. No in room coffee maker means it's not likely I'd stay there again. Of course the problem is that Jackson is a VERY high priced place for travelers and this place was the only semi-reasonably priced place in town that was rated decently here on Trip Advisor. Stay in another city?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kudar Motel? Share your experiences!