“BEST PLACE in all of jackson hole~ we lucked out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kudar Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Kudar Motel
You added Kudar Motel to your Saves list
260 N Cache Dr, Jackson, WY 83001   |
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Denver, Colorado
“BEST PLACE in all of jackson hole~ we lucked out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

ok, so...i have to admit, i'm vegetarian (and an animal rescuer) so i wasn't fond of the dead animal heads in the office, but that is a theme out west (i lived in colorado 15 yrs). we pulled in after 4 days in yellowstone looking for a place to stay & just went in to check the rates. $55 for a cabin? after paying $130 in yellowstone in off season, that sounded like a bargain! we rented cabin #33 and OH, IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! it was so romantic, so adorable, and quaint. the owner guy was so nice. i have to say, he advised us that the RV that was semi-permanently staying behind our cabin was 'very quiet' but in reality he was up very early with a blasting TV, and our microwave wasn't in working order. they'd just re-opened for the season (mid may) and as we were packing up, they brought a new microwave. if i'm ever back that way, we'll definitely stay there again. best experience out of all the yellowstone area places, and we really just stumbled upon it. we didn't see the motel part, just the cabins (3 of them before chosing #33) and it did look like there were some seedy types hanging out, but we're ok with that. not everyone can break the back for a motel! for the most part, westerners are a friendly bunch!

Room Tip: ask for cabin #33, 35, or 10. we chose #33
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed one night at Jackson Hole during Memorial Day when we came back from Yellowstone. We chose Kudar after looking at others' review and its website. Previously my impression on motel is some place kind of not quite clean, maybe a little noisy and may have safety concern. The pictures from its website give me some confidence of my choice and we are glad that we chose it!
The host is very friendly. The cabin is very nice with two bedrooms. Although our cabin is near to the street, it's quiet when you close the door so you don't need worry about noise when going to sleep. You can park your car just in front of the cabin, so it's pretty convenient. The location is near to the center of the town. Among the available hotels in Jackson Hole, it's not expensive if you want to book a place with two bedrooms. Oh, it also has free WiFi. So if you travel with your family/friends up to 4 adults and want to find an economic place to stay at Jackson Hole, I would highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Kudar Motel is located just 2 or 3 blocks from the town square, making it very convenient to walk to/from shopping and dining. I stayed in one of the motel rooms (the had a $79 special that night) and not in a cabin. As described by others, the room is definitely "rustic" and from the '50s, but was nice and it was clean with a fridge and micro. The bathroom and shower are small, but the good news is you will have no chance to fall over in the shower as there is no room to do so. Both bath and shower were clean and the towels adequate.

However, the temperature of the shower water continually changed form hot to cold in seconds making showering quite an ordeal. As the shower is quite small, it is difficult to avoid the water as it changes from warm, to hot, to cold and back again. You will definitely be awake following your shower... and definitely will have uttered a few expletives.

If the owners can fix this plumbing problem with the constantly changing water temperatures, Kudar's will be a, relatively, inexpensive and enjoyable stay. .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My partner and I took our first vacation since 2006 last week. My plan was to stay in "old school" type motels like those my family stayed in when we took family vacations in the 60's and 70's. Jackson was our first night and I scoured the internet, mainly trip advisor, for "cool" places to stay. I chose Kudar's because it was still family owned/run and because of the location. Not so close to the square in Jackson, but walking distance to the sights.

We arrived at about 7:30 on Saturday evening and Bill (I believe that was his name and I think he's the owner) greeted me at the front desk. I had booked a King room in the motel wing for $80. Based on the photos I thought the place would be interesting and fun. Bill recommended we eat at Bubba's as the local place to eat. We ended up waiting 1.5 hours for one of the worst dining experiences. But that is another story not for this review.

The room was HORRIBLE. I honestly do not believe they touched it since 1965. The walls were covered with plywood, I guess trying to make it look rustic. The shower stall was so small I doubt most adults could fit in it. I won't even talk about the noisy ac or the crappy heater. And the dangerous electrical set-up. They had 5 items plugged into a single outlet. I am sure the Jackson fire marshal would not approve of that arrangement.

When we woke up the next morning my partner was covered with red marks from bed bug bites. Not sure why they did not get me, guess I did not taste good.

Not sure why folks love this place. I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to friends who are going to be in the area. I am 1/2 tempted to write the credit card company a letter about the stay. It was NOT worth $80+tax. Heck we stayed in a Motel 6 in Missoula that only cost us a total of $53 with tax and the room was cleaner/newer/more comfortable/safer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We found this place listed in the travel section of the L.A. times several weeks before our vacation. It was advertised as a good, basic, budget place to stay in Jackson. It was that and more. We stayed here one night before a week in Yellowstone and then again one night on our way out of the Parks.The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful regarding places to eat and see while in town. The location is perfect, about a two blocks walk to Town Square. The cabins, though basic, are cozy, clean, and comfortable. Compared to most of the cabins we stayed in Yellowstone, The Kudar cabins were just as comfortable and a fraction of the cost. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We traveled with extended family and stayed in the two bedroom cabin that is attached to the owners' house. It's not the fancy place - a bed, a fridge, and that's about it. However, we came to Jackson area not to stay in the room, and for that, Kudar was more than enough for us. The owners are friendly - the coffee and tea are provided. For the breakfast, we stopped at Albertson on the west side of Jackson and stocked up on the supplies there. Kudar has couple of picnic tables outside - we had breakfast there. Overall, for the price and the convenience, I would recommend staying in Kudar - it worked for us!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed in cabin 10, a single cabin. Was quiet and we liked setting out on the porch in the evening and having a beer. The front desk guy was very helpful on things to see and do in Jackson. The cabins are small but very cute and adequate.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kudar Motel? Share your experiences!