“Good Food, Iffy service” 4 of 5 stars

Corner of Glenwood and Broadway, Jackson, WY 83001
307.732.3939
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wort Hotel Silver Dollar Bar and Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 124 Restaurants in Jackson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Good Food, Iffy service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a beer at the bar in the afternoon and then returned for dinner at the restaurant next door. I agree w/other reviewers that the bar server seemed pre-occupied w/talking to the waitresses, but we did get served. As far as the restaurant goes - we enjoyed the food. I was impressed w/the sweet potato jalapeno hash - actually liked it better than anything else on the table. My companion ordered a bison filet which was very good. We decided to try a dessert so I ordered the berry cobbler - but the waitress brought the apple skillet. Nice wine list, nice menu, but I'd rather go back to the Local....

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Massachusetts
“A taste of Jackson Hole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We watched the football games here in the sports/cowboy bar. Excellent beer, quality food, low prices. Try the corn chowder and you will understand why they are famous for it.

Visited January 2013
Park City, Utah
“There are better locations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Service was sporadic. Probably due tot he automatic 18% gratuity added regardless of service level. Also remember that on the "two for one special" you will be charged 36% gratuity.

I am a great tipper but it should be my choice what to tip and they oblivious dont need to work too hard as they have the gratuity built in.

Portions are VERY SMALL, I mean two crab cakes at around 36.00 and they are around 2" in diameter. They are not even worth the 18.oo at half price.

The wild boar was good but more than 5 bites would have been nice.

I would recommend another place like the bird unless you want overpriced dinners-appetizers.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alicia_Guzman, Food & Beverage Director at Wort Hotel Silver Dollar Bar and Grille, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Off season (November-early December) is a great time to try The Silver Dollar Grill for dinner during our two-for-one entrée promotion. With this promotion we do advertise that we will apply a standard 18% gratuity prior to discount, as we have found through experience that not everyone realizes that the server actually provides service for two guests, not one, and therefore might tip according to the post-discount total rather than what the bill would have been without the discount. The free entrée—a $19 to $39 value—should be nothing less than a win-win situation for both our valued guests and our valued servers.

Certainly our service should be impeccable and we should never give the impression that we take their patronage for granted in any way. We sincerely apologize to this guest for failing to provide them with an experience they felt was a good value. It is our ultimate goal to provide a superior experience to each and every guest, each time they choose to dine with us.
“Good drinks, not friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Jackson for our anniversary in October, and spent a day doing a bar crawl to try local brews and drinks in town. We stopped in here but only stayed for one drink because the bartender seemed to be too preoccupied talking to the servers. I'd skip it - nothing to write home about

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Cold Unfriendly Service, Okay food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

First off I want to say that I am not that picky. I am usually very easy to please. I worked in food service for 15 years, so usually I am quite forgiving with the places I eat. Here the food was okay. Nothing all that great. The service at the table was very cold and unwelcoming. The service at the door was worse. We came in and asked at the front if they had anything open. She says in a very condescending tone "do you have a reservation?" I said "I didn't know I needed one. Sorry. So there are no tables open?" She then ignores us and starts talking to another person that came in. When she finishes, I asked her again, and she grudgingly answered and took us to a open table. As she leaves, she mentions that we BETTER be out of there within one hour. We were given the smallest table in the place you couldn't even move. We were told that they were booked solid and they could maybe squeeze us in. We were there roughly an hour. (We were out of there on time, not the kind of place you want to hang around in) In that hour there were at least 10 open tables the whole time. That’s really booked solid. I think this is the first restaurant I have been to that I don't see one person smile the whole time. I was given the feeling the whole time that we were not welcome, and that our presence there was a nuisance. I would not recommend anyone go here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback. It is important that we make folks feel welcomed each and every time they come through our door and we clearly failed in your case. New Year’s Eve was indeed a busy night and while it appeared we were totally empty, most of our first reservations were for 7:00 and 7:15pm and thus we were booked and yet mostly empty from 6pm to 7pm. We apologize for making you feel rushed, and we will certainly use your comments to improve. I hope you would give us another try the next time you are in Jackson Hole.