“Beautiful views, mediocre food/service” 2 of 5 stars

Jackson Lake Lodge, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson, WY 83001
307.543.2811ext1911
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson Lake Lodge Mural Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 124 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Grand Teton National Park
South Carolina
“Beautiful views, mediocre food/service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Had lunch in the Mural Room 9/16/10. Restaurant was busy, tour group (s). However, after ordering ,our food did not arrive for 45 minutes. The appetizers were served with the entrees. We ordered the ravioli appetizer and it had been sitting so long the sauce had congealed. Also ordered the vegetable stroganoff which was VERY bland. Not a good culinary experience. Waiter was friendly but very inefficient. Would not go back for a meal. The hotel lobby is beautiful as are the views. Very disappointed in our meal, we had planned the day trip from Jackson for months.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
“Convenient but not so great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

The views are amazing. The senior staff (asst. manager) couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Compared to the Jenny Lake Lodge, where they insulted us for being inappropriately attired, the front-of-the-house staff at the Murual Room were very friendly.

The waiter tried very hard to be nice but in doing so wasn't nice at all. It's hard to put my finger on it but the communication between the guest and the server wasn't very good. When I asked if the Caeser could be split he said "no, it's tiny." Then he was kind to bring two plates and said "what do you want me to do with these?" as he held out the two plates. The communication was off, perhaps because I thought I was talking to a server in a higher end restaurant (we asked some of the same questions the previous night at Trio in Jackson and were delighted with the responses). It was if I were asking for expensive restaurant service in a not-so-fancy restaurant but the restaurant was supposed to be a nice affair. Unfortunately the food was a lot like the service. The trout was hard and flavorless (again, the trout at the restaurant in town was fabulous so my impression was tainted). The prime rib looked like it was cut rare and just tossed on a griddle in au jus to warm to the appropriate temperature. The Boysenberry ice cream was icy (or was it a sorbet?). We took the evening in stride and ended up laughing at most of the idiosyncrasies and we also tipped on the heavy side not to be rude. Go to town for dinner if you can, otherwise keep your expectations in check and don't order too many dishes. Keep it simple and maybe your experience will be better. The view, did I mention, was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mill Valley, California
“Good Food and Spectacular View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We ate in the Mural room for dinner every evening and for the buffet breakfast each morning.
We loved sitting at our table-for-two by the window to relish the view of the lake and the Grand Tetons. It was fun sitting outside on the back deck, meeting fellow visitors, watching the wildlife and light show on the mountains while waiting for our table. Our time at the Lodge was totally relaxing and a real vacation!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Fantastic view fit for a Rockefeller; very good food; professional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Pros: Views for all tables of mt. range; excellnt food and good service Cons: large groups take breakfast buffet busy at times

Portland, Oregon
“Not living up to its reputation and price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I ordered duck at mural room for dinner on August 7th. One of the two pieces were very undercooked and inedible. I pointed it out to the waiter and he took my half eaten plate back to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he returned my re-heated duck on the dirty plate and it was still undercooked and inedible. I was somewhat horrified by the fact they “cooked” my dirty plate, who knows with how many other people’s food! The service was not attentive and very slow too. I was trying impress my mom who came all the way from Beijing to visit me. But even she commented that the duck incident should not ever happen at a place like this.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere