“Casual Local Hangout.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 124 Restaurants in Jackson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: America's most award-winning small brewery since 1994 offering a wide array of lagers and ales with hand-crafted cuisine. Locals and tourists alike co-mingle in a friendly and casual environment.* Doors open at 11:30 am* $8 lunch specials until 3:00 pm* Afternoon brewery tours* Happy hours from 4:00 - 6:00 pm* Food served until 11:00 pm* Non-smoking & families welcome. Families and large groups welcome. Outdoor seating available in the summer time with a great view of our local hill, Snow King. We offer a Private Dining rooms for events or meetings and the bar is open late!
Lexington, KY
“Casual Local Hangout.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

The brewpub is a great place to eat in Jackson. It has great food, great beer, and great company.

Belgium
“Very noisy, just don't go there with kids.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

Good food at reasonable prices. This is more a pub with loud rock music. Fine if you're having a party with friends but really too noisy for a dinner. This is also not a place where to dine with children.

Mountain View, California
“Best Place to Eat in the Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We loved this casual and friendly place for eats and beer. Their pizzas are excellent and we ended up ordering two times after our first night there. Ordered salad once, but I thought it was quite mediocre for the price. Loved their beers and ended up bringing some home with us. Their zonker stout and and their ale are outstanding.

It does get quite crowded, but the customers are very friendly group and did not mind walking through groups of people to get to the bar.

This was our number one spot in Jackson Hole for us.

Loveland, Ohio
“Love the Lager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

We were getting sick of italian and steaks, so we decided to give this place a try. Love the Snake River Lager and I thought the Thai Pasta (yes, noodles again!) was actually pretty good. We were seated upstairs away from the noise of the bar and had a very nice dinner....and I didn't find it to be any more expensive than any other place we ate in town. Would recommend.

GA
“good food but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

Read the reviews here, good food & reasonable prices, & decided to try it.

My husband & I (in our 40's) & our 16 year son walk in. A sign on the front window procaimed "families welcome". To the right was a large area with quite a few young (20ish) people standing around drinking & talking. To the left, a few tables in front of the open kitchen. A family with young children were just finishing up & we decided to sit there. (noticed later a sign that pointed "over 21 to the right"& "under 21 to the left". Later we saw people with young families coming in & going right upstairs-didn't realize upstairs was an option).

Our waiter seemed just this side of tolerant of waiting on us. Nothing overt but not very welcoming. I had margerita pizza, husband had pulled pork sandwich & son spicy chicken sandwich. All was good. Came to about $40 with tip-a little pricy for me.

A large group of about of about 10 20ish people came in just as we got our food & boisterly took the tables to our left, dragging a table from our right over to their group (leaving the chairs scattered in the aisle). About 5 minutes later, 2 more young ladies came in & the group shouted "surprise!" & sang Happy Birthday. I probably sound like an old fart by this point but I was laughing as I was trying to eat while they were screaming around us.

While they say families welcome (& maybe they are upstairs), I felt a litlte uncomfortable by all the "I'm young & cool so look at me!" vibe.