“Best in Jackson” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Jackson, Wyoming
“Best in Jackson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant is, by far, the best restaurant in Jackson. We have been in Jackson several months, and have had the opportunity of trying all of the "local's favorites". Sweetwater offered excellent service and deliciously prepared food! The catfish nuggets were seasoned and fried to perfection. The Cajun trout filet salad was amazing. We will be going back! GO DAWGS!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We dined here for lunch on advice from a local and ended up making this our lunch spot for the next day also. The menu included sandwiched that you would never think of. My wife had tuna with bits of orange in it and I settled for the ham & turkey club which had a cranberry sauce dressing in it instead of the usuals. The next day we both ate the bacon/fried green tomato sandwich which will make you want to slap yo Mama!

Visited May 2013
“Needs a new chef”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, good service, food was well below par. Soup was ordinary. Babyback ribs were dry and forgettable. My wife's trout was 'muddy' and dry. The only real good item was the beer - OB1 brown. Sorry, but the food was a lost cause.

Visited May 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
“Not worth it at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've lived in JH for 8 years now and felt a little silly that I hadn't been to sweet water yet. I guess I hadn't made the effort based on the poor reviews my peers had given me about it. They were right. Ate here last night and it was one disappointment after another. Nothing really major just enough that I was happy I wasn't paying for it, and won't be returning. As we were just sitting down the waitress asked if we knew what we wanted to order to eat yet... What? I hadn't even gotten a glass of water or a chance to physically pick up the menu. She seemed to really rush us through the ordering process. I asked if she prefer the Salmon or the trout dish, and as soon as I asked I knew I was wasting my time. I ordered the tout and it came with no sauce. Just 3 dinky little cocktail lemons. The trout was dry, and the skin was greasy. When I lifted up the fish, it dripped with grease. Then the side was some kind of cheesy cauliflower. They tried to make it sound fancy on the menu, but I would actually literally put real money down that what it was is cauliflower, velvita/American cheese, skim milk and bread crumbs. No joke. The place mats look like someone robbed my grandmothers home and placed them on dingy picnic tables. They would also do themselves a huge favor to put up some kind of fence or vine or something in between them and Thai me up. Thai me up is a great place, but they play loud music and also have outdoor seating so it kind of mashes up two very different vibes. I hope they make some improvements to Sweetwater, as I think it could have amazing potential, but as long as they are charging $25-$30 for something I could make on a bad day, I won't be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great food!! Very rustic and quaint atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We weren't sure how our experience here would go but we're super excited to find out when we got there that there was a two entrees for one price deal going on! It's a smaller restaurant but very cute and rustic. The service was good even though two waiters were taking care of everyone. The food was amazing!!! The bread with cinnamon butter was a great start, the salad with homemade cucumber yogurt dressing was beyond satisfying, the blackened salmon Alfredo was great, and their strawberry dessert was so refreshing! Overall great experience!

• Visited May 2013