“Surprising find” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Rancho Mirage
“Surprising find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a small, out of the way, California-style taqueria. We stumbled upon it on our recent trip to Jackson Hole, and we're very happy we did. It's very small, very informal, very inexpensive -- and very good! I had a small taco salad for less than $5 that was excellent -- with guacamole, and real lettuce (not the nutrition-free iceberg lettuce a lot of restaurants serve). Liked it so much I ordered a second salad for take-out for that night's dinner.

Everyone in our party of four enjoyed their food -- we sat outside on an informal picnic table (there's not much room inside, and no real reason to eat inside anyway). The salsas and hot sauce are excellent. Highly recommend this place for a no-frills, quick Mexican lunch.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Callaway, Minnesota
“Super Mexican food that you can actually taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

On a quick road trip thru Colo, Wyoming and Montana, I pulled into Jackson around 5 PM and decided to walk around the town, watch the shoot out and maybe grab a bite to eat. Just a block off the square came upon this little Mexican place with some nice outside seating. It looked like a family operation and on the special blackboard list were carnitas tacos and lenguas tacos so I had mix of those, and was I happy with my choice. Here was flavor and taste that was fantastic, some of the best tacos I have ever had. And it was $8 for the three and I could barely finish them.

As I am a non cilantro person (check the website: I hate Cilantro) these tacos came loaded with it and I just picked it off.

They were so good I ordered some to go and that was my breakfast and lunch for the following day and of course I said: Hold the Cilantro and they did. I can honestly say it was the best lenguas tacos I have ever had.

So if looking for some great food in the high priced atmosphere of Jackson, be sure to give taqueria Sanchez a shot. The menu seemed quite large for the size of the operation and the wait staff was more than friendly and helpful. This was just a great budget meal and I enjoyed it more than if I had paid 4 or 5 times more the price as some high end place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Wyoming
“The BEST breakfast burrito in the Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

And the rest of the menu is fabulous also! A locals secret. Hopefully there will bespace on the patio, if not, take it to go - you'll be glad you did.

“Good little hidden gem of a place, underrated local joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Most people in town goto Merry Piglets, Picas or El Abuelito. This place is better than all 3. There is very limited seating, but a few tables outside as well. Great for takeout, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Most Authentic Mexican in town although Piglets has the best alcohol selection.

Visited November 2011
colorado
“Good take out, not good to dine in.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Good authentic Mexican. Just a taqueria no alcohol. My tacos carnitas were a bit greasy but fresh and other dishes I saw looked good. Probably the best mex in Jackson but not a good place to eat in.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere