“Used to be excellent, now horrible.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Logan, Utah
“Used to be excellent, now horrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Teton Steak House used to be a mandatory stop for me whenever I was in Jackson Hole. Not anymore. I do not know what changed, but the prices were jacked up, food was over cooked, the service was horrible and it was not busy at all on a Friday Night ( Should have been a warning sign ).

When I have been there before we stayed for hours, talking, enjoying the locals, meeting Harrison Ford ( he lives in Jackson Hole ).

The food used to be great. If its a last resort, go here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

jackson wyoming
“Awesome food, very simple atmospher, reasonably priced!! Family operated hands on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hi Friends,
"The Teton Steak House" has a vast menu from simply awesome burgers and fries, or try a "Buffalo or Elk Burger. I recommend the "Buffalo Burgers," lean, no fat with outstanding flavor.

The restaurant is family operated and certainly welcomes either the loan 'Rangers' or bring the entire brood.

Very casual with a menu that can go from Buffalo and Elk, all the way up to the fancy! Whatever your palate calls for, Teton Steak House has a friendly staff and ownership most of the time is sitting right there in the middle with their guests.

Simple easy to read menu on chalk board as you walk in. Just order yourself, pick up your drink and find a seat. Servers will drop by your table with your meal.

I used to live in Jackson and worked at front desk of a hotel. I ALWAYS sent my guest to "The Teton Steak House" and I never disappointed a guest by doing so.

For a casual yet excellent Sunday brunch, you can't beat "Teton Steak House," once again, hits a home run. The price as compared to the rest of Jackson, is exceedingly fair, no touristy type pricing they appear to operate on a "We are all Jackson Hole" residents if for a day, or a lifetime!

Oh Oh, I am sorry, I now see the other reviews, it appears the previous owners I have spoken about are retired and the place has been shut down for some time, however one comment indicates the same building is set to reopoen.

Well, I hope the new owners review this then as they can see they have some big shoes to fill.

I think Trip Advisor needs to get on the ball and devise some kind of a 'sig up' program for any business to prove they are still there.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Wyoming
“Fuggeddaboutit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is closed forever. I actually liked it and went there several times during the many years that it existed (I live in town). The owners retired. It is expected to re-open under new owners and a new format. I will review that when ti opens (maybe spring of 2013?).

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

On our first night came across lovely restaurant ,very busy which is a good sign,great food and service .Just order and pay first .Sit down and enjoy the ambience

Visited October 2012
Oregon
“walk away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The sign looked nice, although the place looked closed. That should have been our first clue! I ordered a buffalo burger and my husband had a regular burger. The meal took forever to come out. It was to the point that we were about ready to walk out. (l guess that's why you pay when you order instead of after your meal!) I'm thinking our meal took so long because they cooked my burger until it was hard and dry. My husband's was cooked to perfection, although they served his water in a broken plastic cup that leaked all over our table. The place looks dated, with worn out seats in the booths. Our plates had grooves cut into them, they had been in service so long.
This place seems to be hanging on by a thread. I can see why with the quality of food and service they offer.

• Visited October 2012