“Great way to see Yellowstone in winter” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 82 activities in Jackson
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Join us during summer months for a guided tour of Grand Teton or Yellowstone National Park. Grand Teton National Park is home to many spectacular wild animals including bison, moose, bears, bald eagles, and more, not to mention amazing landscapes. Yellowstone is an area of unrivaled geothermal wonders and fantastic scenery. We also offer hiking as part of our Yellowstone trips. Fly-fishing on the Snake or riding ATVs in the National Forest are other excellent options. During winter, choose a guided snowmobile tour into the fabulous Teton back country or Yellowstone National Park. Our tours offer the opportunity to enjoy wildlife and scenery or powder and off trail riding. If snow machines are not for you, we also offer snowcoach tours into Yellowstone National Park.
Marshalltown, Iowa
34 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Yellowstone in winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We took the SnowCoach trip to Old Faithful. The day was long, but well worth it. We were picked up at our motel about 10 minutes early,( 6:20 AM) so be ready. Breakfast sandwiches in Jackson were only fair, but the coffee was good. We rode to Flagg Ranch in a regular van, then switched to the SnowCoach to go into Yellowstone. Nate was a great driver and guide, very knowledgeable and explained procedures very well. We made several stops in scenic areas and had well-timed potty breaks. The timing for Old Faithful was perfect, followed by a good lunch except for the fact that I could have used a hot soup or beverage with it. We were back at our motel in Jackson by 4:30 PM. My husband is mildly handicapped and he had very little trouble. They use a step stool to make it easy to get in and out of the vans. You can stay in the van at the scenic stops if you don't feel like walking around.

Georgia
“Gros venture tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We took the Gros Ventre full day snowmobile trip the coldest day while visiting Jackson Hole. I was a little concerned about the below zero temperature but it turned out to be an amazing beautiful day.It was clear so the view of the Tetons was breath taking. We saw an abundance of Wildlife. Our guide was great! The snowmobile ride was lots of fun. We definitely will go again.

San Diego, CA
“Fantastic tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a wonderful snowcoach tour into Yellowstone. Absolutely beautiful scenery. Our guide Terry was excellent. Pleasant, full of information, and really friendly. Highly recommend to anyone interested in a different view of Yellowstone. Its a different place in the winter.

Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“Yellowstone Snow Coach Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We took the snow coach tour from Jackson to Old Faithful last week and really enjoyed it. We had originally wanted to do the snow mobiles but they were sold out but once we got to yellowstone, we were thankful we were in the warm & cozy van (brrrr)
Seeing yellowstone in the calm of winter was priceless, something my family will always remember.
Nate picked up at our hotel at 6:30 (he was early) and took up by the office to sign some paperwork and for b-fast. Then off to Flagg ranch we went in a reg. van before switching to a van on snow tracks. On the ride up, we saw lot wildlife and Nate was full of facts and answered questions.
It is not a short trip, I do not recommend it for small kids because they might get bored but for our 10,11,12 year old, it was fun. They enjoyed it.
I am not giving it a 5 star only because it isn't cheap. The sandwich we had a lunch was good, but a hot meal would have been better (if at all possible in a closed down national park)

Williamsburg, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Luxury Van Tour of Grand Teton National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went on a cloudy day (December 23, 2013) and so we didn't see a lot of tops of mountains, but our guide was able to be flexible and give us a great tour anyway and saved us from paying park fees. We had a ridiculous woman on our trip who insisted we return to Jackson Hole to get more sets of binoculars. Our guide worked hard to make this happen even though our family didn't care about the binoculars. Who wants to develop pink eye or worse while on vacation. Then after we got them, she didn't ever use them. She only wanted to give the guide a hard time.

Then the nice binocular lady wouldn't let us get our own refreshments out of the cooler, she had to control who gets what. There were only 5 people on the tour, my family of 3 and she and her husband. She enjoyed peeing in the snow which she got out and did 3 times even though we had a restroom break half way through the trip in Jackson Hole on the binocular pick up event.m This is a 4 hour tour! She also enjoyed telling the guide what she knew instead of learning from him what he knew and what he wanted to share. God Bless Him!

When I give this company an excellent review it is becasue I do this kind of work in my home town and I know there are always people who like to control tours and give guides a hard time. So I am really giving the guide a great review because of how he handled himself. We loved his knowledge of ASPEN trees and how they have roots connected under ground. The trees are like a family. I mean what a great storyteller he was. We also got to see long horn sheep up close. I got to see the mother sheep nurse her baby. When I tried to tell everyone, binocular woman wouldn't shut her yap so I am the only one who got to see this, but it was special just the same.

The true strength of our guide surfaced the next day, however when I was on tour with Jackson Hole Snowmobiles to Old Faithful and he was there with his scenic safari group. He knew I was getting my but kicked as I looked horrible and he assisted me because our guide on the other tour was giving me a real hard time because I couldn't go 55 miles per hour or whatever on my snowmobile. Consequently he gave me some words of encouragement that may have saved my life later in the day.

Unfortunatley, I was injured later that day on the snowmobile trip and my husband had to cancel his next trip with scenic safari due to this accident. Scenic Safaris was very nice and when we canceled refunded the money to my card the same day. In canceling with Jackson Hole Snowmobiles I was told I could have to wait up to 14 business days for a refund and I had to pay for damages done to the snowmobile as well.

Nature may influence what kind of tour you get with scenic safaris and you can have irrational people on tour with you in any company because we did. I feel that scenic safaris will protect you and I feel that they are more about safety and integrity than say, Jackson Hole Snowmobiles. My guide certainly was, so choose safety first. I only went with JH snowmobiles because they had a higher weight limit on the machines and my husband is a big guy. Now I wish we had just had a few more salads in 2013!

Visited December 2013
Allison W, Manager at Scenic Safaris DayTours, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you all had a great time on your tour of Grand Teton National Park, despite some negative variables. I'm sorry you all had to cancel your other trip with us, and hopefully we'll be able to take you out another time!