“Terrible - Beware” 1 of 5 stars

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Terrible - Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Long story short, the ATV got a flat tire that the owner tried to blame on us. We were stranded on a trail that they sent us to with no cell reception and miles from civilization. Thankfully someone was nearby and helped us. When we returned the owner was rude and nasty and ended up yelling at my 72 year old father in law. We ended up paying a few hundred dollars just to make him stop. He tried to tell us that we drove the machines too hard with a 72 year old in one ATV and two kids under age 10 in the other. I am an adult that was with my wife and family, I took it very easy on the machines and stayed only on the trails that they recommended. Beware of this establishment - I would never rent from them again. A horrible experience.

Visited August 2013
jhadventurerentals, Owner at Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback even if it reflects poorly on us. The experience you had is not what we strive to provide for our customers, and we would never want another customer to feel this way about their rental. Based on your feedback we've changed our policy on flat tires. We would love to offer you a refund, and a sincere apology, if you would like to give us a call.

Marcellus, New York
“A great company with lots of toys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals is an excellent place to rent vehicles, atv's, side by sides, motorcycles, campers,and snowmobiles. Since 2007 we have been taking a snowmobile vacation every year in Jackson and riding in premier areas, Togwotee, Greys River, Granite Hot Springs (bring your cameras!!!) the service and equipment is excellent and the riding is unbelievable. JHAR have good pricing on vehicles and toys, we have had 8 people renting and riding (trailers supplied to tow to your destination which gives you options for rides). Sleds are maintained very well and if there is a problem it has always been resolved quickly. We went out in September and rented atv's and motorcycles and had a blast seeing the mountains, valleys and rivers not covered with snow, beautiful area!!! JAHR is one of the main reasons we continue to vacation in Jackson - Good People - Good company

Visited September 2013
“Honest and Caring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Couldn't be happier with Jackson Hole Adventures, great people, great attitudes, very knowledgable. Even if you come from 3000 miles away they make you feel right at home. Some of the nicest people I've ever met, can't wait to get back and carve the turkey! Jackson Adventures Rocks!!

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This business would be much better off if the owner were not involved in the day-to-day operations. He was rude and condescending. He tried to charge me for a minor scratch that I think was already present. The ATV already had substantial surface damage already so even if I somehow got a scratch, it in no way affected the functioning of the ATV so I can't imagine why they wanted to charge me to take the machine out of use to repair. Rent from somewhere else.

Visited June 2013
jhadventurerentals, Manager at Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience renting from us. We certainly never want someone to leave here feeling like we were rude or condescending towards them. I am a little confused by your review as we have never charged anyone for a “scratch” on one of our machines, perhaps there was more damage than you have described. Also, we very rarely charge for the machines to be down for repair, our shop mechanics have worked many late shifts to get machines up and running again to avoid that charge. Only in the most desperate circumstances, when we are forced to cancel existing reservations, would we charge a customer for loss of use. We appreciate and expect honest feedback from all of our customers, please feel free to contact us if there's any way we can help resolve this issue for you.
Naples, Florida
“Dishonest and Cheaters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I rented an ATV from them. It was old and in poor shape and I was told "It may not look like much, but it will ride". I was also told they were planning to sell it in a few weeks. When I returned it, they seemed to think there was new damage and are trying to charge me over $900 for it. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. THEY ARE DISHONEST.

Visited August 2013
jhadventurerentals, Manager at Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate the opportunity to address issues when they arise for our customers. When you returned your ATV we immediately noticed that there was new damage, which you acknowledged and signed for. We even went over it several times to make sure you were clear on what damage you were responsible for. Judging by the mud, grass and rocks that we noticed on the top of the machines we asked if it had been in a rollover which you reluctantly admitted to. Given the severity of the damage we were relieved that you and your companion were not injured in the accident. I know that the cost of repairing the machines was a surprise to you, but unfortunately the damage you did to the machine was substantial and that was what it took to bring it back into usable condition. We have sent you a detailed invoice of what parts and labor were involved in repairing this machine, and are always available should you have any questions for us.