“An Awesome Find!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Blacksburg, Virginia
“An Awesome Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Pony Express Motel in Jackson Hole, WY was a wonderful surprise on our trip from Virginia to Wyoming! We just drove our daughter, Megan, 2,000 miles to Jackson Hole to work for the summer at the A Ok Corral (go see her if you like riding horses!). The Pony Express was an awesome find in Jackson Hole! The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable and they were decorated with the feeling of staying in a rustic lodge. Kristi and Clint, the innkeepers, were extremely helpful and kind! Reasonable rates, awesome rooms and great service - you can't ask for more than that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at this motel for the second time in a year and the owners remembered my girlfriend and I. They are so efficient, friendly and helpful at check-in. The rooms have been upgraded and are so cute and clean. They even include a little "goodie bag" when you arrive. It is a very special motel and I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Look first, but we had a great room without looking. Rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was a guest for the winter months this year and was very happy with my stay. The full kitchen is a huge value to anyone who wants to avoid eating out for every meal while here in Jackson, saving you more money for your outdoor adventures! The staff is welcoming and full of helpful information about the area and any other questions you may have. The location is convenient weather you are looking to get out of town for the day or to head downtown for the shopping and entertainment. Overall I think The Pony Express Motel is the best value in Jackson.

• Stayed January 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been traveling to Jackson on business forever and cannot believe I have not stayed at the Pony Express before. It has been my loss. The rooms are roomy and looks like they have just been redone, I got upgraded to a room with a kitchen because I said i was staying for three days! Their idea! The staff couldnt be more helpful with hints where the "locals" go and will bend over backwards to help your stay be great. This is a hidden gem and I am going to tell all of my friends to stay. They also have a massive pool that was beautiful, just a tad cold for may. Five star service at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

First the good news the service was good. The place is definitely run down but for a two bedroom place to go skiing I think it's fine. It does have some issues. You definitely can run out of hot water very easily which we did. That did not make for a very fun shower. Also they have no hair dryer so bring your own. It has a full kitchen. The good news is they have soap to wash your pots and pans the bad news is they don't have a scrubber so you have to use a towel to wash your dishes..... The handle on the cold water fell off so we just used the hot water. The beds are okay but the pillows are very cheap. They have the pillows that put your head about 6 inches above the bed. Having said that the bed was comfortable. The place is about 10 to 15 minutes away from Jackson Hole with no traffic. Also there is an Albertsons right across the street which is nice. So in summary I think if I was just trying to find a place to use to go snowboarding or skiing I might use this place again (assuming they have hot water) but it is about a 2.5 half star hotel so don't expect a five star.

• Stayed May 2013
PonyExpressJackson, General Manager at Pony Express Motel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Since we have a 2-night minimum in our condos, our guests have an opportunity to let us know if there is something we can do to make a stay more enjoyable, and more importantly, if there is an issue with a guest room that needs attention. After reading this review, we will certainly address the hot water and faucet handle problem. Jackson offers everything from 5-star properties to 1-star and the prices coincide with each level. The Pony Express is known for being a great value., offering a clean and friendly experience. Thanks again for staying with us...we'll see you next ski season!
Dundas, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked a single night for my family in one of the family rooms with bunk beds for the kids. After booking online I received an email from the motel stating about extra charges for the room that was rated as double occupancy. A room with a queen bed AND bunk beds. Why this room was rated as double occupancy is beyond me. The place also states that rooms reserved for single nights might not be available at time of check in, in preference to people staying more than a single night. What's the point in reserving a room if you might not get the room you reserved?

The motel was nice enough to offer a full refund (website says you have up to 3 days before the reservation to get a full refund, so this isn't anything special). I was emailing back and forth with the general manager and after my second email, they general manager took it upon herself to cancel my reservation. I never gave the OK to do so.

The customer service was horrible and I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone based on that alone.

I tried booking this in May which is when I selected a traveled.

Again...we never stayed there, but this place was awful!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PonyExpressJackson, General Manager at Pony Express Motel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
This reservation was booked online for four people in one room for one night. There was only one extra person charge incurred instead of the two that you agreed to when you accepted the terms and conditions of the reservation. After receiving two consecutive, unkind emails from you, we felt we were not able to meet your expectations and felt you would be happier staying somewhere else in Jackson to enjoy your vacation. To be able to rate sleep quality, rooms, cleanliness and services as "poor" when you did not even stay at the property makes this review a bit misleading. We have a happy staff who live and work in a beautiful part of our country. We want our guests to be happy, too! It is our hope that you have found an alternative accommodation that will achieve this for you. Have a safe trip.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of the 2-bedroom "condos" with our 1yr old son for four nights. The condo was the perfect size, and the kitchen came in very handy. The Motel is a bit outside of the city center, but there are grocery stores and restaurants right across the street. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and gave us a lot of helpful info about sightseeing, etc.
It would have been nice to be able to walk to the downtown area, but it was wicked-cold when we were there anyway :)

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom condo is great for a couple and one child
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We're glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back to see us again if your travels bring you to Jackson Hole!

Been to Pony Express Motel? Share your experiences!