“Great place, honest staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Call 307-733-3835 to $AVE
Ranked #12 of 40 hotels in Jackson
AZ
“Great place, honest staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband, two daughters and I stayed here two nights in July 2012. We had a very pleasant stay. We booked the family room with bunk beds and our girls couldn't be happier. Our room had a fridge and microwave too, which was nice.
The staff was very helpful and motel was clean and comfortable. The location was great- in fact we brought bikes and just biked into the downtown area.

One thing I am very impressed about .... I accidentally left my Kindle there and luckily the staff was honest and when we returned home I called them and they mailed it back to me. THANK YOU!

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Center Point, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went during Christmas, room was very clean and basic. Large mini-fridge and very good microwave. Parking lot was clean unlike many of the large hotels we saw. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable of Jackson. Very good motel for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Center Point, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We needed an inexpensive place to stay and this place fit the bill. It is a family owned property and they care about their guests. Our room had a queen bed and two bunk beds which worked ok for our two teenagers but was a little small for three nights. The bathroom did not have a vent fan which meant opening the window for ventilation when the window wasn't iced shut. If you need a place for under $100 around christmas, this would be a great choice, It is easy to get into and out of and is convienent to a gas station, Albertson's, Kmart and other stores. Short drive to the town square. If I was to return to Jackson, I definitely would not mind staying here again.

Room Tip: End rooms would have less noise from neighboring rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in two different hotels in Jackson Hole and this one was the cheaper one and also the better one, I must say! Of course, it is a motel so do not expect a 5-star hotel but to us, everything was great: good service, large and comfortable room, good location and all the quiet you need! I would definetely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was exceptionally nice and courteous. The location was great. Would definitely stay at this property again. The rate was extremely reasonable. I have paid more for far less in Jackson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This is one of those places that has both Mercedes and old beat up pickups with 10" lift kits and a gun rack parked next to each other. Rates are ridiculously low and the rooms are clean and very well equipped with a FULL kitchen! Only down side is they are small rooms. But are you kidding? For the price how much are you really going to complain? The owners are on premise and want to make sure you have whatever you need. Beds and bedding were better than hotels we've paid 2 to 3 times more per night. My wife actually found a pillow she LIKED! Let me tell you, that's rare! Walls are a bit thin but all occupants were quiet. Only complaint I might have is the plastic chairs outside each room which were frequented by smokers. The smoke lingers but better there than in the rooms. Hence I circle back to "for the money what can you really complain about?" Don't let the low price scare you off. My expectations were low but didn't need to be. Great place for a good night rest.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I normally stay at well known chain hotels but thought I would take a chance on the Pony Express after reading other reviews. I was pleased......my room was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were neat and well kept which, to me, is an indication the owners take pride in their motel. Upon checking in, Clint showed me to my room and pointed out amenities to make my stay more pleasant and mapped out a route into the Grand Teton National Park that worked out well.
There was some normal road noise in the afternoon but it was quiet in the evenings--no problem.
Clean and comfortable. Will definetly stay there on my next trip to Jackson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pony Express Motel? Share your experiences!