“You can pay more for less elsewhere, but why?” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Call 307-733-3835 to $AVE
Ranked #14 of 40 hotels in Jackson
Phoenix, AZ
“You can pay more for less elsewhere, but why?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This is one of those places that has both Mercedes and old beat up pickups with 10" lift kits and a gun rack parked next to each other. Rates are ridiculously low and the rooms are clean and very well equipped with a FULL kitchen! Only down side is they are small rooms. But are you kidding? For the price how much are you really going to complain? The owners are on premise and want to make sure you have whatever you need. Beds and bedding were better than hotels we've paid 2 to 3 times more per night. My wife actually found a pillow she LIKED! Let me tell you, that's rare! Walls are a bit thin but all occupants were quiet. Only complaint I might have is the plastic chairs outside each room which were frequented by smokers. The smoke lingers but better there than in the rooms. Hence I circle back to "for the money what can you really complain about?" Don't let the low price scare you off. My expectations were low but didn't need to be. Great place for a good night rest.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I normally stay at well known chain hotels but thought I would take a chance on the Pony Express after reading other reviews. I was pleased......my room was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were neat and well kept which, to me, is an indication the owners take pride in their motel. Upon checking in, Clint showed me to my room and pointed out amenities to make my stay more pleasant and mapped out a route into the Grand Teton National Park that worked out well.
There was some normal road noise in the afternoon but it was quiet in the evenings--no problem.
Clean and comfortable. Will definetly stay there on my next trip to Jackson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Only negative was the COLD shower in the morning. Owner was super apologetic and said he guaranteed the next time we were back it would be good. We happen to be going back in a week on our way back through. Has a kitchen which is way handy, especially with a family as it's an expensive town! They did a pretty nice job updating this older motel, but have more to do! Light fixture over sink kinda hanging off wall as was towel rack.

Room Tip: Not that close to downtown, it would be a pretty long walk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found this motel on tripadvisor, read the reviews and were thumbs up over the price we got, $79. In Jackson to find a good motel at that price = a find. We were also impressived with the size of the room (it had a fully stocked kitchenette) and how attractive the motel was. Yes, it is old but everything worked and was in good shape. Just book ahead becuase this place is in demand. Strongly Recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nine Mile Falls, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed 8 weeks at the Pony Express due to work. The owners and staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and feel welcomed. Granted, the place is not the easiest to get into but I've had worse. It was always clean and well taken care of. Clint and Kristie do a great job. If you want the "Ritz" , go to the "Ritz". This place is great for regular folk travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights and couldn't have been more pleased. Clint greeted me when I arrived and showed me to my room, which was extremely clean. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get up in the morning! The grounds and hanging plants were beautiful. It's near a busy intersection, but noise wasn't a problem at all. I highly recommend the Pony Express and will stay here again when I'm in Jackson Hole.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a wonderful stay in Jackson Hole and so much had to do with the owner Clint and Kristi and their attentiveness to their guests. When we arrived, we were so delighted with their warmth and helpfulness. When we entered our room, realized they had given us a full kitchen as our gem for the night..and SO CLEAN!! Little did they know after being on the road for two weeks, through the Glacier/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, a home cooked simple meal in a kitchen was a God-send. As we were a dog family, Clint was so kind and helpful as to all the needs for the guests and our dog to have a good experience. We appreciate their support, and if you are a responsible animal owner, you do want this to be not only a positive for you and your pet, but for all the other guests as well. Best to you dear Clint and Krist, great job!!! Will be back! Hugs!

Room Tip: Ours was perfect!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pony Express Motel? Share your experiences!