“Painted Buffalo was clean with a great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Painted Buffalo Inn
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   400 West Broadway, PO Box 2547, Jackson, WY 83001   |
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Pontiac, Michigan
“Painted Buffalo was clean with a great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Our rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful, and this was what really made me want to stay here. The indoor pool was quite clean, and the sauna was nice to relax in. The free breakfast was also quite tasty.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Thank you so much for the feedback about our staff. We try very hard to focus on customer service with all members of our staff so it is really great to hear that our efforts are paying off and that you had a good stay. Visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

- Friendly, accommodating, well trained staff
- Only a couple blocks walk to downtown Jackson (what I wanted)
- CLEAN rooms
- Flimsy towels in the bathroom
- Mattresses on beds not supportive
- Continental breakfast consists of doughnuts, sliced bread (for toasting, I presume), bagels, two cereal choices, two juice choices, milk & coffee.

Prior to my arrival, I called the motel to ask if they offered a shuttle from the Jackson Hole Airport. They don't, but the person who answered called a taxi service for me and made an arrangement. When I arrived at the airport, a gentleman was standing at arrivals holding a sign with my name on it. Great service!!!!

I did not notice any road noise at night when I was trying to sleep. The mattresses were neither especially comfortable nor especially uncomfortable. I did think that the air conditioner was loud. In order to sleep, I turned it off. The room became stuffy, but I was able to sleep nonetheless.

The Painted Buffalo seems to attract a friendly sort, because each of the other guests I met were outgoing, and a pleasure to meet.

The nightly rate seems consistent with what other motels of similar quality charge.

The motel is within a block of Bubba's BBQ - which was recommended to me by several guests and staff.

With regard to my observation that the towels are flimsy, I stand by that. However, I am aware that thick, comfortable towels invite theft, so I wonder if that is why they choose not to upgrade the towels. If that is their reasoning, it makes sense.

I have no complaints about the Painted Buffalo. The only reason I would choose to stay in a different place the next time I'm in Jackson would be if I am in the mood for something more plush. The employees are exceptional, the rooms were very clean (excellent housekeeping staff), I liked the location and had a nice time. I guess the only thing I might add is that I decided to have breakfast at a restaurant nearby because I wanted something more substantial, but that was a personal choice, and I thought the spread in the lobby was adequate (I observed many other guests having breakfast, and they seemed perfectly happy with what was offered).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate the feedback on the towels and I am happy to report that new ones have recently been ordered. We regret that you were unable to experience the new towels but I guess that means you will just need to visit us again soon! We will take your comments about the mattresses into consideration also. Several mattresses have recently been replaced but we will investigate further to make sure we are offering a consistent product. We try to prioritize good customer service and clean rooms so we are very pleased that you had a good experience with both. We hope you have the opportunity to visit Jackson again shortly!
Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Four of us traveled to Jackson to tour the Grand Tetons. We are all teachers, and we live all over the world, so we travel together every summer because that is the only time we get to spend together as a group. We had found the Painted Buffalo online and booked the three-room, two bath suite. We were pleased with our room, and even though it was somwhat separated from the rest of the hotel, it was not a problem, in fact that was an asset. We enjoyed the nice, large balcony with the patio table and chairs, as well as the two gliders where we could sit and look at the fabulous view of the mountains. The desk staff was more than accommodating. Parking was not an issue at all for us as other reviewers have mentioned. Our only recommendation would be that a larger area be provided for breakfast. The current setup in the lobby is a bit chaotic and cramped in the mornings with people checking out and others trying to get breakfast. We appreciated the gift for filling out their survey, as well as the nice letter we received from them after we got home with the discount on future stays. Overall, we had a great time in Jackson, and would recommend the Painted Buffalo.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is very exciting that you make it a priority to travel with your friends even if it only happens once a year. We are very pleased you chose Jackson and the Painted Buffalo Inn as your destination this year! Thank you for your comments about the breakfast area- we are looking into options of how best to offer our guests the extra amenities while working within our space limitations. We hope you get a chance to visit us again!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband, 12 yr. old daughter and I stayed here 3 nights this July. The room with 2 queen beds was not overly spacious or luxurious, but was very comfortable. It was very clean and had all the necessary amenities. This motel-style inn is in downtown Jackson Hole, so comes with the noise of the local small city traffic. The sound of the air conditioner covered the noise of the traffic.

Aside from the bountiful hanging baskets of flowers all around the outside, the inn's shining quality is the reception staff. They were not only efficient and helpful, they responded in a time of need. Our last night there, we arrived back from our day in the Tetons around 9pm to find there was a party going on. It was in the unit below us and it was REALLY LOUD. Around 10:30, I determined sleep was not a possibility for me and my daughter if it didn't quiet down. (After 20 yrs. in the Navy, my husband can fall asleep anywhere and sleep through anything. He was out--) I called the front desk and told them the situation. She said they would take of it. Approx. 15 minutes later, the "brute squad" came to our door, knocked lightly and asked if we were having trouble with noise. I confirmed that I was the one who had called. They bid me goodnight and said they would take care of it. Within five minutes I heard the party break up and all was quiet. That spoke volumes to me about the inn's attitude toward their customers. THANK YOU PAINTED BUFFALO!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Thank you so much for taking time to review the property. We are very excited to see that we were able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. We are also very pleased that you gave us an opportunity to fix the issue. Sometimes it is very difficult for us to know a problem exists if guests do not assist in making us aware. We definitely appreciate you choosing to stay with us and thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
cote d'azur france
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

A motel style but very comfortable & roomy. Liked the shower/bath & loo separated from the wash basin area. Good presentation, very clean. Staff very pleasant & helpful; changed our room with apologies when we found it smelled of stale cigarette smoke.
Had to move for the second & last night as room already booked but next room as nice.
Breakfast was adequate, in the lobby area so not much room. Situation was en easy 5 minute walk to the centre of town but far enough away not to be noisy at night. Resto on the square called Cadillac's was so good ate there both nights. At check out we were given a goodie bag & then got a second as we had 2 different rooms - a nice touch.

Within 30 min drive to Jenny Lake where you can take the boat shuttle over or hike all the way round. It was pouring rain so we took the boat & trudged up the mountain for an hour; fabulous views - except for the rain!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
We are grateful you chose to stay with us during your trip to Jackson. Thank you for being so flexible about moving rooms. We are pleased you took advantage of some of the outdoor activities Jackson has to offer and hope you are able to visit the town and the Painted Buffalo Inn again!
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We spent 2 nights in Jackson Hole. We used it as a place to stay while we toured the Grand Tetons. We stayed in the family suite. It was clean and roomy. The only problem was the back room smelled a little stale but I think it may be because it is not rented out every night. It would not keep me from returning to the hotel. The price was reasonable. You are not going to find anything inexpensive in Jackson Hole. The location was fantastic. A quick stroll to the square. My in-laws had the free breakfast. They brought it back to the room because the office area is really small. The staff was very welcoming. The lady gave recommendations for things to do and places to eat. Will most certainly stay at the Painted Buffalo again when I have the opportunity to return to Jackson.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel! We appreciate the feedback about the stale smell and will inform of housekeeping manager right away. We are happy the recommendations made by the front desk worked out for you. The Painted Buffalo staff is excited to host you again if you do get back to Jackson!
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

If you're going to stay in Jackson you're not there for the hotel! This one, like so many others in town was older and priced far beyond what it would be worth in any other area, but so is everything else in Jackson. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. It was conveniently located to all the shops and restaurants and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and are glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Jackson and were able to take advantage of the Painted Buffalo's close proximity to the center of town. We hope you get the chance to visit us again soon!

Been to Painted Buffalo Inn? Share your experiences!