“Great Place!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Place!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were on a road trip and needed an overnight in Jackson Hole, WY. They are not in the main town, but not a far drive, maybe about 5 miles? It is completely worth it! They are located at the top of a mountain, and the views of the Tetons are amazing. It is quiet, and the setting is incredible. We were in a unit near the Granary. We were on the top floor overlooking the lake and the Tetons. It was not a typical hotel setting. There were "houses" with 2 units up/2 units down. We only heard neighbor noise when we had our balcony doors open and the neighbors were out. Our room was very warm when we entered as there is no air conditioning. I am not sure mid-90s are normal for this area though! This was only an issue when we opened up, but leaving the balcony door and the bathroom window open, it was cool in the evening. Some might have issues with leaving the balcony door as screen only, but we left it open overnight and were not assaulted by noises, etc.
We sat on the balcony one morning and watched the hot-air balloon rise up to the top of the Tetons!!
I would definitely recommend this facility. I wish we had more time to have explored the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. All of us at Spring Creek Ranch appreciate you taking the time and trouble to write a review. We try very hard to exceed our guest's expectations and comments such as yours make our efforts worthwhile.

We all hope your trip home was safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to Spring Creek Ranch in the future.

Stephen Price

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at Spring Creek Ranch twice now, as Jackson Hole is one of our favorite locations. I really appreciate the views and beautiful rooms. They are always decorated nicely and make me feel at home. The first time we stayed here, about four years ago, my family stayed in a two story room with a living room, master bed, and an enormous loft for the kids. It was fantastic, but was no longer avaliable for our second stay, nevertheless our second room was still outstanding! The one MAJOR problem I have with this place is the stables. I have owned horses my entire life and the treatment of the ranch horses was appalling. Their feet desperately needed to be trimmed, the muck was up to the horses' fetlocks, some horses were bleeding, their chestnuts needed to be trimmed, the list goes on and on. I was prepared to spend a lot of money on their rides but because of such treatment, found rides elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I took our first trip to Jackson, Wyoming last week. We chose Spring Creek Ranch (SCR), recommended by our trusted travel advisor here in Dallas. We were greeted like loyal return customers. We arrived before our room was ready but we got excellent recommendations for local food spots. BTW, MacPhail's has awesome burgers.
Our condo was great. It was rustic and fit the surroundings but was also high quality and very comfortable. The den and the master bedroom both had wood burning fireplaces which we enjoyed nightly. The kitchen was modern, with a dishwasher and was fully stocked with all the utensils, plates and cooking equipment you would ever need. It allowed us to buy simple items for our girls to have breakfast and for snacks in between. With that, we only went out to eat once a day which saved a lot of money and time. The SCR housekeepers were also very consistent and good. The concierge helped us reserve some really great guided tours and other activities as well as offering good advice for our own wanderings. The horse back riding facility on site is one of the best in the area. The owner looks like he just walked out of a John Wayne movie and is very good and patient with kids.
If you want to see Jackson Hole, Teton National Park, Yellowstone and countless other beautiful places and feel like you are living like a local, I highly recommend SCR. I am never one to candy coat or leave out anything that was disappointing but we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at a place suitable for single adults or families.

Room Tip: Two to three bedroom condos are ideal for family trips
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Spring Creek Ranch was a beautiful place to stay for our family of 5. There was plenty of room for everyone and it was very comfortable. What's not to like about sipping your cup of coffee on the deck while looking at the sun rise to meet the Tetons! The staff was very freindly and the concierge was quite helpful. We only had two complaints. Since the temperature is so nice everyone has their windows open at night and if there is a loud bunch next to you it could be very annoying. This happened to us; there was an extremely loud group with yelling and sceaming at around 10 or 11 at night. We finally called the front desk and they promptly sent security out to quiet them down. The second complaint concerns the so-called safari. I would not spend the money to do this activity. If you visit the National Parks and the surrounding area, you may see just as many if not more animals than on the safari. Also, we did not have a "naturalist" as our guide, just a very nice recent college grad who know about as much as we did about the wildlife around the area.
Overall though,a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We're from the East Coast. Had no one to ask where to stay. I told my wife, "I don't care where we stay, but when I look out the window, I want to see the Tetons - everytime!" We came up with Spring Creek Ranch and Spa. We went in June. I believe this was kind of early in the season as we had no neighbors in the area. We rented a 2 story condo. It was really nice. Clean. I was concerned early on and expressed my concerns to the conceire CINDY - she said we really wouldn't need air-conditioning. Honestly, I didn't believe her. Well, each morning we woke up and I checked the thermometer. It was anywhere from 37 to 42 degrees! In June? She was right. Cindy handled alot of things for us - a big help and nice girl! My other buddy at Spring Creek worked the desk: Cal or Calvin! We had great chats during our week stay. The unit was great. Lots of firewood was stacked all around to make fires - log starters and matches provided. We utilized the pool - no one there normally. We went to both the inside and outside whirlpools and the steam room. We did a 2 hour horse ride on the grounds. The older man who seemed like he was running the show could ask you a few questions on your history (if any) with horses and then matched you up with a proper horse - we were told he was the expert - he was. I personally had "Little Joe" and I wished I could take him home with me. I basically got on the saddle and let Little Joe do his thing. Barely did anyting but sit there. Brandon was our Wrangler. He talked to us - found out where everyone was from, came back, checked everyone's saddle, etc. Really nice guy. Would love to go out again with him. We also did the half day Safari - had great binocs provided which I wished I could take home with me - really nice! We also did the Astronomy night and I got to see the space station go across the sky. You want to make sure you're in the area of the front desk at 3PM. That's when the HOT chocolate chip cookies come out for the guest - so good. Many times overlooked is Housekeeping. These ladies did a nice job coming through, straightening up, replacing towels, cleaning up our wood chippings from making fires, etc. All in all I can't see where anyone would go to have a better experience than we had. I saw other reviews saying they couldn't see the Tetons.......I guess that's possible but from our unit, there they were - everytime - and great weather - never were the mountains hidden in clouds - clear everyday!

Room Tip: Seeing other reviews, I guess you should ask to make sure your unit looks out to the Tetons.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you from all of us. I wish you could see how Cindy smiled when I told her her name was all over a review. She certainly is a great asset to us. I also appreciated your comments about Ward our head wrangler. He is a treasure and full of western history. We are lucky to have work here for almost 30 years.

Thank you again. We try hard to make memorable vacations and comments such as yours make it all worth while to all of us. We all look forward to seeing at Spring Creek Ranch in the future.

new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I booked a room for early June through Expedia. According to the writeup it was a room with a view of the Tetons with wireless connection. When I arrived it had neither. The front desk agreed to move me to another room. Sadly, that room was a lower floor with a family of teenagers above us that stayed up until 2am that evening. I had to make two noise complaint calls. After that I asked to be moved to yet another room (away from the loud people), and finally I had a relatively quiet place with wireless and a view. The downside? The bed was a foldaway and was quite uncomfortable. But for the view, I would not stay here again. The price is WAY out of line.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan,
Thank you for your remarks. I also wish to apologize for the room moves you made.While all our rooms have views some do have better views then others, but all the views are pretty amazing. In regards to the WIFI we have high speed internet in all rooms as it states on Expedia. We have WIFI in just about all rooms and unfortunatley rour room at the time did not have it. We have added some equipment to ensure that WIFI is available. Your last room had a Murphy Bed which is a full queen mattress and is not a pullout. While we have rooms with pullouts these are used minimally and only when the party in the room needs extra bedding. We do this very relucantly because pullouts are not that compfortable for an adult.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Spring Creek Ranch in the future. I( would be happy to make your reservation personally.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was my forth time at Spring Creek Ranch. I had stayed at another hotel but was very disappointed. It was more like a hotel in any other city. This was the true Jackson Hole western experience. They have everything and more. Last time I took my friends and stayed in a 4 bedroom house with amazing views of the Tetons. We ate at their Granary Restaurant which sits on the side of the mountain facing the Tetons. WOW. is all I can say. I stayed in what they call a Lodge room with a real wood burning fireplace which the guys at concierge set up each night for me. I'm a city boy and they taught me how to build a fire! I went horseback riding on the mountain with a great guide. Our group went hot air ballooning as well. All set up by the kids at the front desk. What a superb time we had. This place is my recommendation for Jackson WY. I have sent many friends here all of whom had nothing but great things to say.
I'll be back. Thanks Spring Creek.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want. If it's luxury then ask for a condo. If it is rustic western experie...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NIck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. The staff truly enjoys reading these or having them read at our staff meetings. We all try very hard to make a visit to Spring Creek Ranch and Jackson Hole special. I am glad we accomplished that task for you.

All of the staff joins me in looking forward to welcoming you back to Spring Creek Ranch and Jackson Hole in the future.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.

Stephen Price

Been to Spring Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!