“Okay, but not outstanding” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cache and Broadway
New York City, New York
“Okay, but not outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Didn't live up to the hype, but was a nice place to dine. Food was good, reasonably priced and service was fine.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Logan, Utah
“Didn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed a few days in Jackson for valentines day. Several people we spoke to had told us that this was the best place to eat.

Let me start by saying that I love the historical "real" old Jackson Hole. My grandfather lived there all of my childhood life so I enjoyed Jackson before all the multi-million dollar cabins started being built.

I do not enjoy it as much anymore when you pay over 100.00 for two steak dinners and leave disappointed. The food was only ok. The ambiance was cool given the historical nature, but I wouldn't go back. Don't show up without a reservation if you decide to go, you probably won't get in.

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Great Food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife & I dined here on July 1st 2013, we did not have a reservation but we enjoyed a very good glass of wine at the bar whilst we waited for a table, on what seemed to be a very busy night. The staff were super friendly and efficient, including allowing my wife to taste a couple of wines prior to ordering (too much choice). The food was great, we had buffalo rib, well it was superb, just managed to share a dessert before retiring to the upstairs bar for a few drinks and a live band. This is not the cheapest place in Jackson (well to be honest is anything cheap in Jackson?) but we thought it was good value for money, great food, very good wine and top notch service. We would return again in a heartbeat!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
adelaide
“Excellent steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We both ordered steaks, but there was little choice for accompanying side dishes such as baked potatoes, etc. The steaks were excellent, but drinks prices were over the top $13 for a glass of wine!!!

Visited October 2013
Grove City, Ohio, United States
“Wedding Night Dinner...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant is located in the basement of the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. We had initially planned on going elsewhere, but our reservations were cancelled! Oh no! Luckily, we went here, and the food was phenomenal! We shared an elk sausage for an appetizer. Delicious! I had the bison pot roast and my husband had the elk filet (but of course we shared). I believe my pot roast was free due to a two for one deal. Both were delicious, and should we ever come back to Jackson, I would make room in the budget to go back! Yes, the portions are smaller than one would expect for the money (except for the bison pot roast, I had to take it back to the hotel), however, we both agreed it was awesome food and we definitely leave hungry. Our waiter was also extremely attentive and friendly - and he was also knowledgeable about the food and answered any questions we had. I can't give a review of any less than excellent here!

• Visited October 2013