“Great trip to Yellowstone, Worthy way of missing a day skiing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 82 activities in Jackson
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We offer snowmobile and snowcoach trips of a lifetime to Yellowstone National Park as well as snowmobile trips in the National Forests. Come explore Wyoming's famous Continental Divide for some of the best and most picturesque riding in the lower 48; soak in Granite Hot Springs after you play in some powder; enjoy lunch at luxurious Brooks Lake Lodge after a day of snowmobiling; or check out the abundant wildlife on our Gros Ventre Trip! We have something for everyone. We love what we do and it shows!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Harveys Lake, PA
“Great trip to Yellowstone, Worthy way of missing a day skiing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

On the recommendation of the concierge at our hotel we took a day off skiing and took Togwotee's snowmobile trip to Yellowstone. We were picked up on time at our hotel. The staff at the office was friendly and took their time fitting us with snowmobile suits, gloves and helmets. Stopped for a hearty breakfast and then headed for Yellowstone. The sleds were Yamahas in perfect condition. We stopped at points of interest on the way to Old Faithful, where a nice lunch of sandwiches was provided. Perfect timing after lunch to see Old Faithful and we were off in successful pursuit of Bison a few miles up the trail. We were given as much time as we needed to take in the sights and take photos at each stop. Our guide Stephen was professional and personable and a good time was had by all.

If you are in the Jackson, WY area and are looking for a great way to take a break from skiiing I would certainly recommend Togwotee Snowmobile Adventures.

Visited March 2012
Gretchen B, Manager at Togwotee Snowmobile Adventures, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Hi, and thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate your feedback, and also are grateful for the time you spent reviewing us. It was our pleasure to take you into our Nation's first National Park! We really try to make the trip as enjoyable as possible, and try not to rush you through anything. We realize it is your vacation and also realize that it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most to see Yellowstone in the winter! Again, thanks so much for your review. Let us know if you are in Jackson Hole again and we would feel priviliged to take you on another adventure!

Thanks,
Gretchen

6 attraction reviews
“Very Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

During our stay in Jackson Hole my wife and I booked two trips with Togwotee.
Trip 1, Granite Hot Springs
This was a short 20 mile round trip that we took with 2 other couples, who we didn't know, and our guide Pup. This was a great experience. Driving through the mountains only to find yourself at a natural hot spring pool surronded by multiple feet of snow. Our guide Pup was very cool. On this trip my wife and I had our own sleds. I would recommend this even if you have no experience with driving a snowmobile, like my wife. You have some time to play around in an open meadow with the sleds and it is easier, and more fun, to do it with a single rider. We also enjoyed the lunch that was provided by this company. They take you to a cozy bar/restaurant, Camp Creek Inn I believe, to eat on your drive back to the office. They were open only for us at the time. Other company's cook outdoors at the springs and thats fine but eating indoors without snow falling on your food was a nice bonus. The owner was very friendly.
Trip 2, Yellowstone - Old Faithful Tour
Our guide on this trip was Steven, who was also very cool. This is a 90 mile roundtrip to go see old faithful erupt. My wife and I doubled up on a sled for this trip as it is mostly a sightseeing tour to see yellowstone and your only riding trails. We did have one rider who had never driven a sled before and had her own snowmobile for the trip. This is a fairly long trail ride and I would guess she didn't make it 25% of the way before her hand started cramping and she started to fall behind. Others in the group drove her sled the rest of the way. I guess I would suggest doubling up if your not used to long rides. It worked well for my wife and I to switch drivers every so often so the other could rest and take in the sights. They treated us to a nice breakfast buffett before the trip and brought sandwiches from the restaurant to eat when you arrive at old faithful. The sandwiches are good and large enough to satify just about anyone. If not, the browney we had for dessert sure will.
Overall we had a great experience with this outfitter and would reccommend them to others. It was well worth the money to create great memories like we did.

Visited February 2012
Gretchen B, Manager at Togwotee Snowmobile Adventures, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Hi there! Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to write a review for us on Trip Advisor! We're so glad you got to experience Granite Hot Springs and Yellowstone. Being able to play a little in the powder of the national forest and getting to see the beauty of the national park...you guys did it right! We really appreciate your kind words. We print out every review we get on Trip Advisor and tape it to the guides' board, and they just love reading them. So thanks for making Pup and Steven's day! Again, we are so happy that we had the privilege of taking you on two tours while you were vacationing in Jackson Hole. Hope to see you next year!!
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Best Guide to get stranded with!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We took a snowcoach tour with Togwotee while on our honeymoon. The morning started off great - we caught breakfast at a wonderful place in Jackson before heading to Yellowstone. I was not looking forward to the long drive, but our guide Murph made the time fly by. He was the most knowledgeable person we met in our week in Jackson Hole. He knew everything about Yellowstone, the wildlife, the people in the valley, as well as quite a few jokes.
When we arrived in Yellowstone things started to go awry since the weather had turned ugly, but you would never have guessed with how positive and reassuring Murph was in the coach. By the time we reached Old Faithful the conditions were white-out, and we had to cut the tour short in an attempt to make it back to Jackson before the road closed. Try as we might, the rangers stopped us at Flagg Ranch where we ended up staying the night despite our guide's numerous pleas to let him brave the storm.
Murph kept us company all night telling stories and sharing photos of his wildlife encounters. The tour could not have turned out better under the circumstances. We will never forget being stranded in a Yellowstone blizzard with that crazy upbeat guide.

HI Eric!
Well you definitely had an experience, huh?! Not many people get stuck at Flagg Ranch for the night during a blizzard! While I know it wasn't the ideal situation, I am very glad that you had a fun trip and the Murph kept you guys entertained! He is so knowledgeable about the Jackson Hole area and is just a hoot. He had so much fun with you guys! Thank you so much for posting this review to Trip Advisor. And congrats to you and your wife! So glad we were able to take you on an (unplanned) overnight of a lifetime! Who else can say they did that on their honeymoon?! Thanks Eric, and we hope to see you again in the future; maybe for a one day Granite Hot Springs anniversary trip :)!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Togwatee Pass - Brooks Lake with Pup is the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My honey and I had the awesome experience of going on the Jackson Hole Snowmobiling adventure with Togwatee Snowmobile Rentals. We traveled about 60 miles up through the Togwatee Pass and stopped for lunch at Brooks Lake. The views of the Tetons were so majestic. The weather was fantastic - sunny, clear, and cold but with the gear on we were plenty toasty! It had just snowed whiteout the day before so conditions were perfect. But what made this trip one to remember for all time was our guide. His name is Pup and not only did my honey take a fancy to him...ha! but seriously he was such a pro. His demeanor was excellent, he was fun, he was very attentive, he was very knowledgeable of the area and the terrain...he shared interesting facts and stories with us about not only himself but other adventures in the area, and finally and most important he was superior in his technical skills. Pup could ride his snowmobile like a professional wave runner in the water except he was on powder...he cut through the snow and powder effortlessly on any slope or steep condition. Of course that gives plenty for the ladies to discuss when they see someone so fun, in shape, and confident. He took me on a ride on his snowmobile that would rival most amusement parks..got a fat lip out of it but well worth it!! Pup is the best and I would highly recommend this adventure. The staff was very courteous and the equipment was first rate. Fit it into your next trip to Jackson Hole either before or after you ski. While this adventure is not for the timid...it actually is an adrenaline rush, Pup makes sure to guide you and help you thoroughly love the experience. Enjoy - Hunter

Hey Hunter!
So glad you had a great trip with Pup. Brooks Lake Lodge is one of our most popular tours and is personally one of my most favorite places in the world. The view of the Tetons from the trails are just unbeatable! I'm so glad you had a good time. Thanks so much for writing this review for us! We're so glad you enjoyed your trip and Pup had a great time guiding y'all. Hope to see you again soon!
Dublin, New Hampshire
“Wow- who knew Snowmobiling in Yellowstone could be so intimate?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I are avid snowmobilers. In 2011 we took the Old Faithfull group snowmobile tour with Togwotee Snowmobile Adventures. The pace was slow as there were many beginners but our Guide "Bob" was excellent! Due to Bob's personality we decided we would take a private snowmobile Loop Tour when we returned to Jackson Hole in January, 2012.

Our guide in 2012 was "Courtney". Her customer service and knowledge of the area was outstanding. The private loop tour was perfectly catered for us and we would recommend it for any advanced snowmobiler out there. The scenery, wild life and most importantly our excellent guide Courtney made for a day that will not be forgotten.

I highly recommend Togwotee Snowmobile Adventures.

Kim Bergeron
Dublin, NH

Visited January 2012
Gretchen B, Manager at Togwotee Snowmobile Adventures, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Hi Kim! Thanks so much for the review. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip into Yellowstone; it is absolutely magnificent in the winter. We will pass along your review to Cortney as well! Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!