“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Laguna Beach, California
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed two nights at The White Buffalo Club in Jackson, Wyoming. It was so nice to have a great little kitchen as well as a living area, bedroom and spacious bathroom. I made use of the washer and dryer. The location is just two blocks off of the main street. The staff was very helpful and I would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: There are different floor plans in the condos. We got a more spacious one with double sinks. Look...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Room was good, great coffee machine, excellent gym, bar is nice, didn't eat at Cellar. Staff a bit so-so, we arrived to a clearly imbibed checker-inner who never recognized us again during our stay (dead giveaway there). Biggest problem - the room was hot! We had the air-con turned down to 68, window wide open on a 36 degree night and still felt uncomfortable. Not sure how or why it could be so, but it was.

That aside, a really nice place overall and we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon the White Buffalo Club, a hotel with an accompanying restaurant, and found the food absolutely wonderful. We are able to have excellent bison steaks at home, so chose to share an appetizer and an entree of fish/seafood and were delightfully surprised.

Don't miss this little gem.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the restaurant but didn't stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the White Buffalo Club in Jackson for three nights, payed $420/nite plus $175 in taxes for a hospitality suite. It included a king sized bed that included a ladies room (soaking tub, make-up mirror, blow drier, and sink) and a men's room (large stand up shower, sink, and toilet), washer/dryer, and full kitchen (gas stove, microwave, fridge, freezer, ice maker, and dishwasher). The fridge was too warm and the freezer was too warm so we kept our fridge items in the freezer and it worked great. Not many cooking utensils (except general silverware) so be sure to bring your own if you plan to cook a good meal (although they do have pots, pans, blender, toaster, and cutting board). There is also a small garage that guests can park in and is right next to the front desk. Location is 2.5 blocks from the historic downtown of Jackson, so walking to the shops and back is no problem.

Check in is suppose to be at 4p, but was able to check in at 1p. Front desk was very nice in welcoming me and even asked if I would like help with the luggage. Ate in the restaurant downstairs, again, awesome service. Had a tenderloin, was the second best steak restaurant I ate at. My boyfriend had tuna and said it was excellent. I also had an 80 min massage by the massage therapist at the spa and it was THE BEST deep tissue massage I have ever had. The lady was very nice as well. The spa includes a desk and one room for a massage but don't let it decieve you.

My biggest complaint: When I first called to inquire about making reservations, I was told that if I stayed three nights or more, I would get a free 50 min massage and drink specials. Upon arriving and checking in, there was no mention of this. I went to my room to see if there was any information about it there with no success. So, I went to the front desk later that night and first inquired about the massage. The lady initially said I could set up the appointment with her, then looked up my account to make sure I knew what I was talking about. She then said that I could set up my appointment with her. I then inquired about the drink specials that I was told about, and she then gives me two drink tokens that are each for a free drink. I was slightly disapointed that I had to be the one to inquire about this. If I didn't say anything, would they have ever said anything to me? So, word of advice: make sure to ask about these specials. also, on the spa price list, it is an extra $20 to add on 30 min (from the 50 min to the 80 min), but I was charged $30 when adding the extra 30 min to my free 50 min massage. When I'm paying so much for a room, I would expect to get my full money's worth, right?

Didn't use the gym but it looked excellent.

Overall, the unique looking rooms, great customer service, appealing dinner, and excellent massage outweighed the negatives I had with this place. Definately would stay there again and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WBCGM, General Manager at The White Buffalo Club, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback, it is greatly appreciated!! We offer numerous package deals, one of which is our spa package for reservations of 3 nights or more. I am very happy to see that you took advantage of this package as our massage therapist are truly amazing. Just because the prices are low, doesn't mean that the treatments are reflected as such. I will look into the verbiage for the additional time and correct if need be. Thank you for catching this.

When booking a spa package you should have received these extra items at check-in. I apologize that we missed presenting these items to you. Not every reservation receives these items, so staff may have missed this step when preparing your arriving documents.

Hope to see you again soon!
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my first trip to Jackson Hole in many years. While the town still has the quaint friendly cowboy feel that has made it such an easy to visit place for so many decades, the hotels have stepped up in recent years. The White Buffalo Club was nicely setup to set the rooms away from potential noise from the restaurant, and the staff was super friendly. The rooms were quite large with nice appointments including a couch and mini-kitchen. While everything in JH seems to be expensive, I would stay here again for the convenience and to have such a friendly staff at hand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just spent 4 nights at The White Buffalo Club in Jackson, Wyoming. This hotel was an excellent experience for us.

The room was contemporary, comfortable and clean. It had a full kitchen/sitting room where we could relax after a long day of traveling. The cupboards were stocked with clean dishes, wine glasses, silverware and cooking utensils. The bed was comfortable and the room was made up for us and cleaned everyday. The shower was large with toiletries that reminded us of the Bliss products used at the W and Aloft hotels we've visited in Chicago and Kansas City. We had control of the temperature in our room and the air conditioning was quiet without that annoying "hotel fan noise". There is a nice gym facility with numerous cardio machines and weights.

The location of the hotel was only 2 blocks off Jackson Square and within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. Our room overlooked a mountain and a quiet city park. The building was just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the Square to get away from the noise of the traffic but still enjoy the flavor of Jackson. We were able to travel to Teton Village one day and toured Yellowstone the next. The front desk made sure we knew how to drive to these attraction and had maps and travel tips for us.

The best part of our visit was the accommodating, professional staff. We were greeted warmly and they were helpful with reservations, maps, and travel advice. We always had a place to park on the property. We both had great massages on the last day of our trip to prepare for our long drive home.

A review of the White Buffalo Club wouldn't be complete without mentioning the prime steakhouse called Cellar's on the property. We enjoyed the happy hour a couple of evenings and met Chef Will, who was a master at conversation. His staff is professional and knowledgeable about the menu, wine and service. The food was more than excellent and the atmosphere was intimate and sophisticated. Our steaks were melt in your mouth delicious and the sides were scrumptious as well. The presentation was attractive and added to the ambiance of the meal. The wine list had traditional choices as well as some interesting ones that were new to us. We had a wonderful dining experience on our last night of our visit. Make sure you have reservations in advance.

Overall, we had an excellent experience at The White Buffalo Club. We were happy with our choice and plan to stay there during our next visit to Jackson, Wyoming!

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance to be sure you have a great experience!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I recently just got married in Jackson hole Wyoming. For the first half of our stay we stayed here at The White Buffalo. The place was beautiful, very clean, and in a great location. They have a amazing front desk staff that are very helpful with eveything that is needed. They also have a great restaurant downstairs called the cellar. They have a full sized gym, that has personal trainers and yoga classes, and a roof top deck. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to Jackson Hole. The other Hotel we stayed at ( Snow king) was no way in comparison to the white buffalo ( rude staff and dirty rooms).

• Stayed July 2012

Been to The White Buffalo Club? Share your experiences!