“Somewhat Disappointing...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 98 Activities in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris is a guide owned and operated business that strives to educate, entertain and connect our guests with this amazing place. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality wildlife safaris by combining our love for this area with a desire to share this passion with you. Our guides will lead your safari with years of experience and first hand knowledge that can only come from living and breathing Jackson Hole, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. All safaris include transportation, an experienced guide,snacks, binoculars, spotting scopes, wildlife and natural history books and a custom souviner water bottle to keep. Full day Safaris also include a gourmet picnic lunch served in the field by your guide with homemade cookies for dessert. *park entrance fees and guide gratuity not included.
Green Valley, Arizona
23 attraction reviews
“Somewhat Disappointing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Took the all day Yellowstone tour Oct. 4 with Seth. He was knowledgeable & caring. But can't the company pay him enough to dress in a more professional manner? We were more than a bit concerned that the fuel guage read E as we were leaving Yellowstone but Seth did find gas pumps that were open. Shouldn't tanking up the vehicle be the responsibility of last driver? Snacks & water were okay. It was a long day & Seth did a good job of answering questions-even the stupid ones!

Visited October 2012

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Yellowstone Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The overall experience met our expectations. Seth, our guide for the 2-day adventure was very friendly and knowledgeable. He also had a great knowledge of camera work. We had a chance to experience Yellowstone about as well as you could in 2 days.

However, we were a little disappointed with our overnight accommodations which were more "rustic" then we anticipated. That said, it was clean. Also, while the picnic lunch on the first day was very good, the 2nd day's processed meat sandwiches left something to be desired.

All in all, the guide and the tour itself were very good and we would likely use this group again.

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Bears, Wolves and Beavers Oh My”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Mike our guide was awesome -- we so enjoyed our 3 days with him, he got us so close to the wildlife, bears, grey wolves, mule deer, elk, moose, beavers, big horn sheep and was so informative about the geology of yellowstone. Whole trip was fabulous. Highly recommend spending at least 4 days in the park area.

Dallas
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent Guides and Photo experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent three days with our guide Mike Cavaroc, who did an outstanding job of really showing us the area. We spent one day in Grand Teton National Park before travelling North throught Yellowstone. His knowledge of the area was amazing. He knew where we would see the different kinds of animals, got us to the locations for excellent photo ops, and really gave us a love of the area. I would highly recommend using this company, to anyone who is making their first trip to the Yellowstone area. In a short time you are able to get a really good feel for a bit of the American West. Mike, is an amazing,caring person, who understands his clients and gives them a once in a lifetime experience.

Hauppauge, New York
4 attraction reviews
“A seriously awesome tour.... six stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

No joke I have been on many guided tours in my lifetime and this was by far the best one! My siblings and I are all in our 20s and we took the 12 hour tour of yellowstone and had an absolute blast.
I am a nature and outdoor lover and my sister is more of the club and bar scene and even I caught her staring in amazement at the sights and taking in all of the things our guide educated us about and showed us. My brother who was hesitant to take a ''guided'' tour even said that he was so happy that we decided to book the tour because it far exceeded his expectations.

Our guide Seth was awesome! He was on time and extremely knowledgeable about everything we asked him. We did not feel rushed to see the sites at all.

The tour company provided binoculars and a scope so that we could see the animals super up close (my family and I kept saying we never could have done this alone). He took us to places off the main highway where we got to see herds of bison, elk, moose, coyotes and I even saw a black bear! And even while I was screaming about the bear our guide did not swerve off the road like I thought anyone driving with a screaming person in the car would but he quickly and safely turned the car around to get us back to see the bear.

So if you are considering doing this alone or going with another tour group think twice because there's no way you will get to see all these things and learn so much at once!

Thanks wildlife safaris for the great tour!