“special place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
ny
“special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

the amangani in jacson hole is all about true understated luxury in a beautiful rugged mountain setting. the public areas as well as the rooms are perfection. good design without being pretentious.
the views from the pool area are spectacular. very expensive but worth the experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vail, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Whether winter spring or fall the Amangani is definitely top resort! One of the few Aman Hotels worldwide this resort offers one of the most beautiful spas and pools imaginable. We visited during winter for skiing at nearby Jackson and the Grand Targees and were very please with our room and the restaurant and overall experience. This is a fantastic place for relaxing or perhaps a honeymoon....get away from it all and indulge yourself in head to toe luxury!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

a weekend away in Jackson Hole was perfectly spent. Nothing too large or small for the charming staff at the Amangani, who do absolutely everything in their power to make your stay blissful. On checking in to our room we watched a moose grazing beneath our balcony, and saw several more over the weekend.
The actual town of Jackson Hole is beautiful, about 10 mins away by car. Easy parking and endless streets to explore, plenty of art galleries, restaurants and eclectic shops to peruse.
Dining out was wonderful.. the hotel provide a guide to the best of the best restaurants...and they were!...not to mention their own restaurant, great for dinner and breakfast.
we took a two hour horse ride at the stables across the road and quite frankly it was boring! If you enjoy a mindless plod then you will be content. Unfortunately we were stuck with an
elderly couple, and concern for their welfare obviously prevented the wrangler from risking strenuous exercise and possible ultimate demise! Perhaps asking for a personal trek with more variety may be prudent.

Room Tip: Definately ask for a room with a balcony facing down the mountain
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We've been coming here every year for the past several years. We're huge fans of the Aman resorts, and this one also doesn't disappoint in terms of the location, view, rooms and service (not to mention the Club Lounge at the ski resort). We especially enjoyed soaking in the hot tub after a day of skiing.

If they would improve on two things, it would make this hotel just about perfect. First is the restaurant. Evening selection is small and not very inspired -- but it's a small problem. We have taken to going into town to eat instead and that's perfectly fine.

Second is the spa. The spa is probably the weak link here, particularly in terms of service. I have had a problem with them every year. One year, I asked for a Thai massage and the masseuse led me to one of their workout studios that was freezing cold to do the treatment. Another year, they had me wait for over 20 minutes for my appointment without so much as an apology (which is unacceptable when considering that they demand you arrive 15 min early). The spa is also small and you can hear the staff talking outside the rooms (what you learn about scheduling conflicts and people problems among the staff!!) during your treatment.

We don't mind paying the Aman prices, but the lack of professionalism at the spa is striking particularly because it stands in sharp contrast to the high level of service otherwise. Unless it's part of your package, I would probably avoid the spa altogether.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here. Though I'd probably choose an upper level room just so you don'...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed in other Resorts that were more elegant than this one for half the price. The restaurant is average but the prices are extreme. The gas fireplace in the room is sad, the flame was so low you could hardly tell it was lit. The lighting had one switch to turn all lights on or off and there was only one T.V. On the plus side the Bed was very comfortable, great views of the mountains, nice balcony and a fantastic staff, friendly and knowledgeable. The suites start at $800 but the additional taxes and surcharges add $150 a day extra. I would not stay there again simple because you don't get your monies worth.

Room Tip: Choose a different resort or hotel and you will be much happier and richer
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Well, this is close to perfection when it comes to hotel stay. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Excursions, visits, fishing, you name it and it will be organized for you. Yes it is a high end property and you should expect to pay the price fir that level of service, but you will not regret one cent of what you spent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was given the choice of the Amangani and the Four Seasons and I know I made the right choice. The Amangani has set the blueprint for how all top hotels should be.

Being a small hotel the staff quickly learned our names and were extremely attentive to our needs. I loved the fact that as soon as I sat down at the pool someone would come over with a bottle of water for me. Everything was done with a smile and I liked the fact that we didn't have to sign for everything (though I suppose that meant that we had to trust that they were not overcharging us).

The rooms/suites were lovely - I understand that some people may have been disappointed that the 'suites' were not bigger but we liked them anyway. Though the bath was a little small for my husband, the views were just beautiful. In fact I recently googled 'top 10 hotel bathrooms' to give me ideas for our new house and the Amangani hotel was in the top 10 for greatest views! So I was very excited to see if it was correct and we weren't disappointed.

The dressing room area was well thought out and my husband commented that he was not used to so many drawers in a hotel and somewhere so convenient to unpack our cases.

My only niggle was that we ate in the hotel restaurant three times and the food selection was not really adequate. If guests eat in the hotel regularly as one would expect them to do, then the menu does need to change or have a wider selection to choose from. The quality was good, it just got a bit boring.

I loved staying at the Amangani as the staff treat you exactly the way you would want to be treated in a top quality hotel and I will definately try to stay at an Aman hotel in the future - I have my eye on the Aman in Montenegro next!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Ours were on the same floor as reception and I liked the fact that I didn't...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Amangani? Share your experiences!