“The place to stay in Jackson and would love to have the same hotel anywhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Save Saved
You added Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole to your Saves list
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   930 W Broadway, Jackson, WY 83001   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Maryland
“The place to stay in Jackson and would love to have the same hotel anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I saw the pictures on the Internet. We have all been sucked in by Internet pictures that are moe glamorous than reality. For this hotel the pictures fail to live up to reality. It is better than the pictures. The rooms are large and very nicely furnished and decorated. The bathroom is equally impressive. I thought it was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012
msoliswyominginn, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience and hope this urges others to stop in should they ever find themselves in our beautiful little town.
We have tried very hard to capture the essence of our hotel in the pictures provided on our website, as we too have noticed discrepancies between the advertisements of competitor properties and the reality of their overall location and look. Unfortunately, we know this happens in Jackson. We want to assure each and every potential guest that what they see is in fact what they get, plus a little more, because we know that no picture can capture the true beauty of our hotel.
We thank you for booking with us and allowing us to provide you with the experience you enjoyed so much and hope to host your next stay in Jackson.

Mike Solis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is the first hotel I've stayed at where the hotel photos depict the hotel accurately. Very nice rooms, extremely comfortable beds, and, ahhhh, quiet. Didn't hear a sound while in our room. Bathrooms recently renovated and very well done. Tubs were replaced with large walk in showers. Shower head up is high enough for tall people---small detail but oh so nice! Price was incredible ($120), $20 more than the basic hotel we stayed at the night before in Laramie. Best of all though was the staff. They showed obvious pride in the hotel. Helpful, professional, and personable. By far best hotel we stayed at during our road trip from Denver to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: The standard room is great for families as there is a sink in the bathroom and another in the alcove...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had never stayed at this facility and were just blown away when we got there. The building is close to downtown but doesn't stand out - blends in nicely with the area. The lobby is large, high ceiling, with a stone fireplace that was crackling every morning. When we got to our room we couldn't believe how nice it was. It was a King Suite with a fireplace and facing the street. It also had a bay window with a window seat. The bed frame was beautiful wood but the nicest surprise was the bathroom. Double sink vanity with a glass enclosed shower. Everything in the room matched and was tastefully chosen. We stayed for 3 nights and I don't think we once heard any other patrons even though there was a bus every morning that was picking up a tour group. There was a Keruig coffee maker in the room, and as we like a good cup of coffee first thing, this made our day. We also had a desk, sofa and chair so there was plenty of room for the time we spent there. Just a beautiful facility and one we look forward to returning to again.

Springwood, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We just returned from a stay @ the Wyoming Inn. While we have been to Jackson several times this is the first stay at this hotel. The entry is beautiful and we were welcomed by a fire in the enormous fireplace. Our room was a King Suite with fireplace, and sitting area. There is an in-room Keurig coffee maker, flat-screen TV. The only breakfast available is in their restaurant in the lobby...ONLY open for breakfast. There is a computer room, free wifi, fitness room. Everything is so clean. We will return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Wyoming Inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and cannot wait to welcome you again upon your next visit to Jackson.
I am glad you found our lobby to be beautiful and welcoming. Our lobby and fireplace have just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. I am glad you found our business center, wifi, and fitness room to be clean and useful. We pride ourselves on being a clean and well maintained property while providing excellent service.
Thank you again for writing such a nice recommendation. As for our rooms, we are currently redecorating them and they will be brand new come the summer of 2013. We look forward to the changes coming this winter and encourage you to come stay at the New Wyoming Inn the next time you are in Jackson.

Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Because I had stayed at and enjoyed Wyoming Inn previously, I chose this establishment for a short business/vacation stay. I booked my stay on an online travel site. When I arrived at the front desk I was asked for my credit card number, in case of additional charges. Fair enough. Standard practice. But while staying there I checked my bank account page and saw the hotel had charged my card for an additional $75 without any charges having been incurred. When I asked about that at the front desk I was told it was for possible charges and in the absence of those charges my bank would be informed to reverse the charges. They pointed out the charges were "pending", but also that my bank could take up to five days to remove this deduction from my account. I am back at home and the charges still appear on my account, and that money is not available to me. There is also an additional mysterious "pending" $6 charge, although when I checked out I was informed there were no additional charges on my bill. This practice is distrustful, upsetting and unprecedented in my frequent travels. It is based in the assumption that I may skip out on my breakfast bill, I guess, since there is no mini-bar or pay-for-view movies, etc. in this hotel. Is this even legal? I will check with my lawyer friends.
I travel to the Jackson area frequently, and had looked forward to staying at the Wyoming Inn again. But Jackson has lots of great hotels, inns and lodges, and much better breakfast spots. I'll be at one of them instead next time I'm there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
msoliswyominginn, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding credit card authorizations. You’ve brought up a few points I’d like to clarify to avoid confusion among travelers. First off credit card authorizations are absolutely legal, I’m sure you’re lawyer friend has conveyed this to you by now. The purpose of a hotel taking credit card authorization is not to avoid guests walking out on their bills, rather the authorization is mandated by credit card processors to ensure the card is valid, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the transactions a guest makes while staying with us. Hotels with restaurants such as ours are forced to estimate the total cost of the stay including additional purchases in order to process the charge.

As we all know the authorization is not a charge, and will fall off your account according to the policy of your financial institution, typically banks release the hold on their end in 5-7 days. On our end we release the hold when our guests check out.

I apologize that this process was a surprise to you, most travelers understand this is standard procedure at all hotels that offer additional services such as a mini bar, gift shop or in our case a restaurant. Low-end hotels without these services are excluded from these regulations and therefore would not authorize any additional amounts. I hope with this explanation we may foster a bit more understanding on this process and clarify the purpose.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night and loved this hotel. We were there during the off season and this was the nicest hotel at this low rate I have ever stayed in. We even paid $10 extra to get a room with a fireplace. There were lots of small touches that made this a great hotel. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel, and it wasn't open for dinner. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Wyoming Inn. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel.
We are very pleased that you loved our hotel and found it to be of good value. We strive to stay competitively priced while providing service and accommodations that far exceeds our competition. Our fireplace rooms are a great option for an inexpensive upgrade as they add to the overall experience and comfort of your visit.
Thank you for your great recommendation. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and in particular your fireplace room . We hope you to see you again the next time you are in Jackson!

Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, and we were very happy. Room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. Bathroom was awesome. They even have a free washer and dryer on 2nd floor, where we did some much needed clothes washing (they even provided the detergent). There was a terrific whole foods store in the next parking lot (walking distance). The staff was knowledgeable about local details and they were very attentive to service. Highly recommended.
THere was also a new and well equipped gym.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!