“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 40 hotels in Jackson
denver
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is the first hotel I've stayed at where the hotel photos depict the hotel accurately. Very nice rooms, extremely comfortable beds, and, ahhhh, quiet. Didn't hear a sound while in our room. Bathrooms recently renovated and very well done. Tubs were replaced with large walk in showers. Shower head up is high enough for tall people---small detail but oh so nice! Price was incredible ($120), $20 more than the basic hotel we stayed at the night before in Laramie. Best of all though was the staff. They showed obvious pride in the hotel. Helpful, professional, and personable. By far best hotel we stayed at during our road trip from Denver to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: The standard room is great for families as there is a sink in the bathroom and another in the alcove...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

798 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had never stayed at this facility and were just blown away when we got there. The building is close to downtown but doesn't stand out - blends in nicely with the area. The lobby is large, high ceiling, with a stone fireplace that was crackling every morning. When we got to our room we couldn't believe how nice it was. It was a King Suite with a fireplace and facing the street. It also had a bay window with a window seat. The bed frame was beautiful wood but the nicest surprise was the bathroom. Double sink vanity with a glass enclosed shower. Everything in the room matched and was tastefully chosen. We stayed for 3 nights and I don't think we once heard any other patrons even though there was a bus every morning that was picking up a tour group. There was a Keruig coffee maker in the room, and as we like a good cup of coffee first thing, this made our day. We also had a desk, sofa and chair so there was plenty of room for the time we spent there. Just a beautiful facility and one we look forward to returning to again.

Springwood, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We just returned from a stay @ the Wyoming Inn. While we have been to Jackson several times this is the first stay at this hotel. The entry is beautiful and we were welcomed by a fire in the enormous fireplace. Our room was a King Suite with fireplace, and sitting area. There is an in-room Keurig coffee maker, flat-screen TV. The only breakfast available is in their restaurant in the lobby...ONLY open for breakfast. There is a computer room, free wifi, fitness room. Everything is so clean. We will return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
msoliswyominginn, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Wyoming Inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and cannot wait to welcome you again upon your next visit to Jackson.
I am glad you found our lobby to be beautiful and welcoming. Our lobby and fireplace have just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. I am glad you found our business center, wifi, and fitness room to be clean and useful. We pride ourselves on being a clean and well maintained property while providing excellent service.
Thank you again for writing such a nice recommendation. As for our rooms, we are currently redecorating them and they will be brand new come the summer of 2013. We look forward to the changes coming this winter and encourage you to come stay at the New Wyoming Inn the next time you are in Jackson.

Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Because I had stayed at and enjoyed Wyoming Inn previously, I chose this establishment for a short business/vacation stay. I booked my stay on an online travel site. When I arrived at the front desk I was asked for my credit card number, in case of additional charges. Fair enough. Standard practice. But while staying there I checked my bank account page and saw the hotel had charged my card for an additional $75 without any charges having been incurred. When I asked about that at the front desk I was told it was for possible charges and in the absence of those charges my bank would be informed to reverse the charges. They pointed out the charges were "pending", but also that my bank could take up to five days to remove this deduction from my account. I am back at home and the charges still appear on my account, and that money is not available to me. There is also an additional mysterious "pending" $6 charge, although when I checked out I was informed there were no additional charges on my bill. This practice is distrustful, upsetting and unprecedented in my frequent travels. It is based in the assumption that I may skip out on my breakfast bill, I guess, since there is no mini-bar or pay-for-view movies, etc. in this hotel. Is this even legal? I will check with my lawyer friends.
I travel to the Jackson area frequently, and had looked forward to staying at the Wyoming Inn again. But Jackson has lots of great hotels, inns and lodges, and much better breakfast spots. I'll be at one of them instead next time I'm there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
msoliswyominginn, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding credit card authorizations. You’ve brought up a few points I’d like to clarify to avoid confusion among travelers. First off credit card authorizations are absolutely legal, I’m sure you’re lawyer friend has conveyed this to you by now. The purpose of a hotel taking credit card authorization is not to avoid guests walking out on their bills, rather the authorization is mandated by credit card processors to ensure the card is valid, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the transactions a guest makes while staying with us. Hotels with restaurants such as ours are forced to estimate the total cost of the stay including additional purchases in order to process the charge.

As we all know the authorization is not a charge, and will fall off your account according to the policy of your financial institution, typically banks release the hold on their end in 5-7 days. On our end we release the hold when our guests check out.

I apologize that this process was a surprise to you, most travelers understand this is standard procedure at all hotels that offer additional services such as a mini bar, gift shop or in our case a restaurant. Low-end hotels without these services are excluded from these regulations and therefore would not authorize any additional amounts. I hope with this explanation we may foster a bit more understanding on this process and clarify the purpose.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night and loved this hotel. We were there during the off season and this was the nicest hotel at this low rate I have ever stayed in. We even paid $10 extra to get a room with a fireplace. There were lots of small touches that made this a great hotel. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel, and it wasn't open for dinner. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Wyoming Inn. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel.
We are very pleased that you loved our hotel and found it to be of good value. We strive to stay competitively priced while providing service and accommodations that far exceeds our competition. Our fireplace rooms are a great option for an inexpensive upgrade as they add to the overall experience and comfort of your visit.
Thank you for your great recommendation. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and in particular your fireplace room . We hope you to see you again the next time you are in Jackson!

Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, and we were very happy. Room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. Bathroom was awesome. They even have a free washer and dryer on 2nd floor, where we did some much needed clothes washing (they even provided the detergent). There was a terrific whole foods store in the next parking lot (walking distance). The staff was knowledgeable about local details and they were very attentive to service. Highly recommended.
THere was also a new and well equipped gym.

Provo, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Normally I rent a condo in Jackson but this was a short three day weekend and I wanted to stay near to town. Overall a nice, comfortable hotel but with limited extras.Off peak I paid $109 with taxes and fees and felt it was a good deal at that price, If the price was over $200 I would wonder why I didn't get a condo.

From the outside:
A well landscaped lot with a U shaped free parking lot and attractive lobby entrance sandwiched between a car dealer and a strip mall. Some industrial type businesses in the back, my room looked out, through some aspens, to an auto detail shop.

Entrance:
Nice lobby with real wood fire, leather couches and vaulted ceiling. Attractive uniformed staff, professional greeting. Modified "restaurant" from previous self serve breakfast area currently only serving breakfast (off season) $6-18 dollars with a limited menu.

Rooms:
Standard size (Hampton or Holiday Inn express size) with wood bed frames and euro style furnishings. Second sink outside shower area, small tube tv in a dresser cabinet (1990's style) Nice pillow top mattress but not overstuffed or marsh-mellow soft like a B&B. Thick sheets (smell of Clorox), wool blanket and very heavy comforter on top. (most my group found it hard not to get too hot but some liked it. I used the sheet only, some the comforter only.) Overall comfortable, clean with a moose/bear motif, clean with a large shower, no bath in standard rooms. No adjoining rooms. I understand the TV's may be changed out soon.

Nice gym with aerobic and weight machines, available computer and printer on second floor, free laundry available. Coffee maker in room. Shuttle to downtown and airport. That is about it.

Walking Distance:
Well, for anyone from Europe or use to hiking, walking downtown to the Square isn't a big problem but it is about a mile one way, additionally bad weather and Jackson's aversion to street lights, plus crazy traffic make the walk somewhat adventuresome. Thankfully there are several eateries and pubs close by, a Whole Foods grocery right next door with a bakery, sandwiches and coffee/juice bar next door, also short walk to Albertson's (chain grocery) MCDonalds, Pizza hut.

Review:
Its a very nice room and if the price was right I would stay again however that is all you get. It's not a Hampton/Holiday Inn so no pool, sauna, fridge in room, microwave, video games entertainment from a small tv with basic cable only. Also no included breakfast, which is why I can't recommend it for kids, who need late snacks, lunches packed for a day out and activity areas to get their wiggles out.
It's also not a resort or high end hotel, there is no valet, bell man, golf, ski area, fire pit, bar, room service news paper, or even on site dining.really The "restaurant" does not even advertise outside the hotel. I did try the breakfast, the quality and service were good, portion size was ok but not large, priced a bit high as you can get the same thing at Bubbas for half price. If you are only looking for a nice room and are happy with the price, book it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!