From the outside and from its website, you're driven to expect more than the Wyoming delivers. The portico and lobby are impressive, but the rooms are about the standard of a decent Best Western or Comfort Inn. We stayed in the Best Western round the corner for one night and our room was clearly better. The restaurant was strange- a very restricted menu for both dinner and breakfast- not particularly good value and not very full either. But I really couldn't get past the fact that the cheapest bottle of red wine on the list was $45. We normally have wine with dinner, but not the night we ate there. After the first night we ate out for breakfast and dinner.
Equally strange was the fact that we couldn't make our phone cards work on their system. The first time it was just one that wouldn't work. When we returned a few days later they'd fixed that- neither would work. Both these cards worked perfectly before and after the Wyoming. The staff seemed puzzled but it seems that somehow there is a glitch in their system (by accident or design) that prevents the use of at least some cards to make cheap calls from the rooms.
I do endorse the positive comments about the "healthy" supermarket around the corner. Great sandwiches made to order.
I guess I'd be looking for something a little better should we stay in Jackson again, and if not well i'm pretty confident I could get the same for less along the same strip. The Wyoming has no bar and is about a mile from the centre of town along the strip. If we did go again we'd make firm plans to eat elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole Hotel
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Wyoming Hotel Jackson Hole
- Wyoming Hotel Jackson
- Wyoming Hole Jackson
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole WY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our guests we invite you to experience western elegance & luxury awaiting your arrival at the Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole. Make yourself at home in our Grand Western Lobby with a wood burning fireplace and wild life art by award winning artist Thomas Mangelsen. Our guest rooms are beautifully appointed with western furnishings, flat screen TV’s, glass enclosed showers, granite counter tops, and cozy sitting areas. You’ll sleep peacefully on our Simmons pillow top mattresses dressed in lavish linens. Keuring coffee brewing systems along with a refrigerator and microwave provide additional comforts of home.Experience healthy and organic selections each morning in our Breakfast Restaurant with a menu created for your active lifestyle. Our Chef prepares daily breakfast specials that are certain to start your day perfectly. We are centrally located offering you convenient access to Jackson Hole activities that are sure to be on your agenda! Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and Jackson Hole Mountain Ski Resort are easily accessible. The Wyoming Inn is perfectly located for skiing, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, hiking, fishing, rafting, and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.