“Best food ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Kitchen

the Kitchen
155 N Glenwood, Jackson, WY 83001 (Formerly Blu Kitchen)
+1 307-734-1633
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
the Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Jackson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Deloney
Transit: The public transportation buses have several stops within walking distance of the restaurant.
Description: Welcome to the Kitchen in beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Come by and enjoy a grilled calamari steak, luxury shrimp, or an amazing burger on our deck this summer. This winter, settle in to the cozy interior and try some pan-seared red deer with a delicious malbec. The Kitchen serves only the freshest seasonal ingredients, creative cocktails and a extensive well-thought-out wine list. The warm inviting atmosphere is sure to please everyone.
Juneau, Alaska
“Best food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went here this evening. They had a shoulder season deal buy on entree and get another for $2 and that two dollars goes to a charity. That was great. I got the orange ginger glazed duck breast which came with a soba noodle salad. It was pretty good, but what my husband got was the best entree I have had anywhere and I have eaten at some fancy places. He got the striped bass which was buttery and crisp. I am not much for seafood but instead of ordering dessert I wanted to order his entree for me. It came with bok Choy which was cooked perfectly and our favorite veggie. Lastly it was atop a coriander mashed sweet potato. They were velvety and the perfect sweetness to finish a meal. We didn't order any appetizers so still a bit hungry from small portions, otherwise I could have ended with the sweet potatoes as dessert. His dish has the best three things I think this restaurant makes. But we ordered dessert too. The potato chip pie. Sounds weird right? Well it was different but very good especially with the salted caramel dulce de leche ice cream on top. A bit sweet though and not as refined as the meal itself. And the chocolate ganache sushi. It was mango, coconut and choc ganache wrapped up like sushi with candied ginger and raspberry and lemon sauces. So good. Not too sweet. I would go here over and over. Unfortunately just passing through but next time I'll be sure to go!

finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at the Kitchen, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Wow - thanks for the great compliment that the striped bass was the best entree you've ever had! Sounds like you had a great sampling of our dishes. You're right, the potato chip pie definitely sounds like an interesting combination, but with this modern twist on comfort food (we like to think of it as similar to a pecan pie without the actual pecans) it's definitely become a local favorite. We'd love to see you the next time you find yourself coming through town. When you do, I'd recommend starting the meal with a few of our crudo plates. They are a great way to begin the dinner if you're looking for something a bit more than an entree and dessert. Cheers!

Hines, Oregon
“Loved all our food choices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited Oct 18---My husband ordered the Duck and loved it. I had calamari and wished I had ordered 2! everyone at the table enjoyed it...One of our friends had a great hamburger. Seemed like a popular place...would like to go back and try some more items from the menu!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for joining us for dinner and sharing your experience with us. We'd love to have you back to try out some of our other menu items as well! Hope to see you again soon.
Jackson, Wyoming
“Contemporary Cuisine and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I were lured by their off season 2 for one entrees to give The Kitchen a try. We were not disappointed. The place is contemporary and has a distinct west coast feel. The cuisine and wine list is eclectic.
We ordered a bottle of Quartz Creek Sparkling Brut (New Zealand) for $53. It was quite good and one of the more expensive offerings on the wine list. The wine list was interesting and not expensive by Jackson standards. Many bottles in the $30 range.
We started with the grilled calamari and the lamb kebabs. The grilled calamari was outstanding and the kebabs excellent. I highly recommend both. For main courses we chose the New Zealand, Red Deer and the Duck Breast. Both were excellent bordering on outstanding. They were both at the more expensive end of the menu. Desserts were a special pumpkin panna cotta and white chocolate mousse bombe. Both were good but not brilliant.
All up, with tip it came to ~$150 and considering we got one entree for free that is a bit expensive however, not unusual for a good restaurant in Jackson.
The place was sparsely occupied being the off season. I could imagine it would be very noisy when full. The service was knowledgeable, courteous and prompt. But again it was the off season and not a lot of customers.
The Kitchen is a great place to eat and will stay on my list of good dining in Jackson.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your thoughtful review and for joining us while we raised money to support local non profit organizations - it's a key value of our restaurant to be responsible members of our community. We're happy to be on your list of good dining in the area! From cuisine and wine selection to ambiance and architecture, we are proud to offer a unique dining experience in Jackson Hole. We take pride in offering you, our guests, with high quality modern American food with comforting notes. While the shoulder seasons are a bit slower throughout town due to our seasonal location, it's always important to us to provide high quality food with excellent service year round. We'd love to welcome you back any time!
Mesa, Arizona
“Fine Dining in Jackson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had desert this time and it was outstanding. We would highly recommend this place if you ever visit Jackson, Wyoming.

Visited September 2013
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at the Kitchen, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed dessert with us! You really can't go wrong with any of the desserts, but the potato chip pie (which tastes like a pecan pie made without the pecans and is topped with housemade potato chips and dulce de leche ice cream) and the cookie skillet (warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie served in a cast iron skillet and topped with homemade ice cream) are two local favorites. Thanks for coming in - we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!
new york
“A hidden Gem in Jackson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I came twice with friends. My first visit was not as pleasing as my second. The second was a group dinner and there were six of us. The steak I ordered was terrific; perfectly cooked. There were several tastings of various appetizers and were most enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant ; order the steak (from Mead Ranch) and you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Thanks for coming in! Sorry to hear your first experience wasn't quite as enjoyable as your second, but we're very happy you came in again and enjoyed your appetizers and steak. The local Mead Ranch produces wonderful quality natural meat we are proud to serve to guests! We'd love to have you back in the future.