“Nice hotel and convenient location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Save Saved
You added Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole to your Saves list
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 N. Cache, Jackson, WY 83001   |
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Phoenix, AZ
“Nice hotel and convenient location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night at the Rustic Inn in late May 2013. We chose the hotel for it's location- walking distance to town. At check-in, we were told of the complimentary shuttle service, which we were happy to use since it was rainy and cold. The rooms were very nice- private, luxurious linens and tastefully decorated. The grounds were lovely and well maintained. At $135/night, I thought the value was good. The front desk staffer was friendly, but not very well informed about the local restaurants. To be fair, I think she had just gotten to town herself. However, the shuttle driver did seem to know his way around and did make a great restaurant recommendation. We were craving a buffalo or elk burger and he suggested the bar at Local, a new restaurant next door to the Million Dollar Saloon. I had read wonderful things about the restaurant, but they didn't have burgers on the dinner menu. Thankfully, he informed us that they did serve those in the bar. The food and service at Local were tremendous.
Breakfast was included with our room. It wasn't super fancy (yes they only have paper cups), but they had lots of fresh fruit (berries, oranges, grapefruit), scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage and breads. It was perfectly adequate and plentiful- especially for the price.
My only complaint with the hotel is that the internet connection in the room was terribly slow.
If I found myself in Jackson again, I would definitely stay at the Rustic Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Courtney H, Manager at Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Rustic Inn and sharing your experience. It is wonderful to hear that you and your daughter had such a great stay! A few individuals on our Front Desk staff are new to the area and still in training, so I apologize that she was not able to give you recommendations on where to eat, but glad to hear that you enjoyed our bellman’s suggestion to go to Local. Hopefully on your next visit we will be able to recommend many more delicious places to eat!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Rustic Inn in Jackson Hole after a very long day of travel. The cabin was warm and inviting, the furnishings were luxurious, the amenities were over the top. The Rain Shower was awesome. The beds and pillows were just what I needed after a long day of driving. We stopped in late in the evening and asked if a room was available and not only was the room available but the staff were very warm and welcoming. The Breakfast the next morning was the best one we had on our 5 day trip from MN to CA. Thank you. We will definitely return when we can stay a little longer.

Room Tip: The cabins are rustic on the outside but luxurious on the inside. Go ahead, spoil yourself.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Rustic Inn is off the main street in Jackson, that is good, because it avoids the constant gas fumes. The rooms are moderate in size, some of them newly decorated, and they look quite decent.. Lots of wood logs on the external wall. King size bed, chest of drawers, desk, wall mounted LCD TV. So, for the room and location I would have given 4 stars.
Bathroom, nice tiled shower, but no bathtub. Two showers, but cannot adjust water temperature, quite hot. Two lights on either side of the mirror, no obvious way of turning lights on.

You park in front of room-good.

It charges a lot (we paid about $150) a night, off season, May 20-22.

And now to the "buffet" breakfast. NO fresh fruit, no bananas. Only bulk grapefruit slices in sugary water, some orange slices preprocessed. Massive scrambled eggs with salt and margarine. Bagels, not particularly fresh and soggy. Coffee, not particularly good, orange juice so-so. Asked for fresh grapefruit, or bananas, NONE available, No help in serving the breakfast, only cleaning the tables. CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP and not particularly healthy.
No china for drinks, only PAPER CUPS.

Massive catering, but not really wholesome.

All very pretentious, but no effort exerted to accommodate customers.

They gave you password on check-in. Then without warning changed it. Tried it repeatedly.
Had to reboot.

Ask for advice where to go, they say go across visitor center. Rather poor.

Hotel has to focus on visitor service, It should be called a motel, that is what is.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney H, Manager at Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
It sounds as htough you enjoyed our newly remodeled Deluxe King Guestrooms. However, we are sorry to hear our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. Our fresh fruit is cut up every morning by our breakfast chef. We NEVER use canned or processed fruit and we normally have bananas, but they are very popular and can run out quickly. We do not add margarine to our eggs and our freshly brewed coffee is Starbucks brand, which is generally a guest favorite. We also offer homemade granola and fresh yogurt, in addition to our fresh fruit, as healthier alternatives. Since the majority of guests take their coffee to go, we do not provide ceramic mugs, but if requested we would provide one for you.

As for our internet password, we change this once or twice a season, and you happened to be staying with us the day that it was changed. We did place an updated daily report in every guest room and cabin, which stated the new internet password.

Furthermore, all of our front desk staff are concierge, but many are very new and may not know the answers to all of your specific questions. We are currently training everyone on all that the area has to offer, but there may have been somethings that would have been better answered by the visitor center, which is why you would have been told to head across the street to speak with them. Our staff's main focus is guest satisfaction and service, and we apologize that you did not experience this. We will take your review into consideration for furture guests.
Gladstone,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Rustic from May 11th to May 14th, 2013. I stayed in a superior king room (the regular room, not creekside).

The hotel is nice, and the rooms are luxurious. However, there are nearly no lights in the parking lot. We stayed in a room where the nearest parking was approximately half a street block length. This wasn't a real crisis for my husband and I; however, it was one of those things that just seemed to really lack forethought. We arrived at 10pm at night, so there we sat, walking in the dark, with a ton of luggage and trying to find our hotel room. It wasn't the best first impression.

The rooms were private, and nice. However, there is no actual bathroom door, its just curtains. It wasn't actually a terrible idea (the rooms have high ceilings, and it was actually creative and practical to use the curtains, IMO). But, for myself (a crohn's patient), I constantly felt like everytime I used the bathroom, I really had no privacy from my husband. There is a door to the actual toilet, but you can easily hear right through it.This is just a personal gripe of mine, and I don't know that the average visitor would mind though.

The other issue with the room is that it smelled incredible strongly of paint. There were also several damp spots on the bed and floor of the room when we checked in. We did let the front desk know and they apologized. However, we had to air the room out for the first day of our time because the paint smell was so pungent. We did notice several other rooms near ours that were being re-done.

The thing that actually really turned me off to the Rustic though, was a problem with our reservation. I had actually meant to book 4 nights, but I only booked 3. On what was the hotel's checkout date, I had a voicemail from Caleb, asking me awkwardly if I was staying that night or now and to please call back as soon as I could. I called back and spoke to a female, who assured me nothing was wrong and that Caleb had called in error. This caused my husband and I to be worried about our luggage, and then I asked the woman on the phone if everything was okay, and she responded yes, and that she had us set to check out the following morning. This led to more discussion on mine and my husband's part after I hung up the phone. When we actually looked at the calendar, we realized it was our error and went to correct it. We paid for another night and it was fine. The part that bothered me about this was were we just going to be auto-charged and never told any different; or was our luggage just floating somewhere around the resort. We had no problem paying the night; and it was our actual mistake.

The creek is nice, but truthfully, I wasn't super impressed with it. The only wildlife I saw near the creek were ducks and geese (not a problem, but I'm from Wisconsin and see ducks and geese around constantly).

I will say the Rustic has to have one of the most amazing housekeeping and lawn care staffs around. We saw people constantly working, cleaning, etc. It was really impressive and not intrusive at all. Its very clear the Rustic does a lot to stay in tip-top shape of guests.

Overall, the Rustic is nice and beautiful. However, the things they really miss the mark on stand out a lot. I think this location is probably great for someone who really wants to spend their time in Jackson and shop, dine, etc and not do a ton of the park type activities.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go lower than the Superior King. The rooms with 2 queens looked very cramped, and the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear that your first impression of the Rustic Inn was not the best. We do offer a bell service to assist with check ins to ensure guests are able to find their room quickly and easily. We do have solar powered lamps that line our pathways, and we do apologize that they were not ample lighting while trying to find your cabin. We will take that into consideration.

During this off season we did renovate all of our cabins to get them ready for the busy summer season, which is why the room smelled like paint. We are sorry that it effected your stay.

We also apologize for the confusion with your check out date. The female you spoke with was confirming the availability in your room type for another night and was under the impression that you wanted to reserve that extra night. However, had you not wanted to reserve the additional night, you would not have been charged. Furthermore, as per our hotel policy, we never touch or move any guests' personal belongings or luggage without direct permission or request from the guest.

We hope that your stay was enjoyable besides these specific issues and that you had a wonderful time on the rest of your trip!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Location is great, walking distance into Jackson, the cabins are comfortable and very spacious. The shower is great with the option of a rain head and a powerful head that turns (what difference this makes I am not sure). There is nothing I would say about this accomodation that would prevent me from staying here again and again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife & I stayed in this hotel on 5/14 and were so impressed - we're ready to go back again.

The cottages are so nice and unique. Great shower (dual head!!), large/comfy bed, front porch to relax on and a creek running through the property that they've tied into quite nicely - with board walk and paths.

NOTE: We did not try the restaurant - it was closed on the day we arrived.

Highly recommend to couples (we noted a newly wed couple were staying there); as well as families with small children - nearby geese and ducks around one of the ponds and the teepees should make for fun!

And - only a short four blocks to the Jackson business district!! Easy to walk to, but the hotel also provided a courtesy shuttle.

Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Because my job requires travel to far flung destinations, I’m afforded the opportunity to experience “interesting” accommodations that span the spectrum from high end, big city hotels and resorts to low end, shall we say, less desirable lodging. I would definitely rate the Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa as upper crust. A great place you will remember after your visit to Jackson.

I call the Rustic Inn a unique combination because it blends elements of both rustic, out in the woods lodging with a big helping of sophisticated, top drawer resort accommodations, you’d find at the best big city hotels.

We were assigned to a Superior Double Queen cabin while our company provided video services for the Jackson Hole Snow Devil’s World Championship Snowmobile Hill Climb. Although the Resort is located near the center of Jackson and on the main road out of town that leads to Grand Teton National Park and beyond that, Yellowstone Park, our cabin was quiet. The cabin was a freestanding structure located in a group of cabins on the property.

The beds were very comfortable, the sheets and towels first rate and the spacious cabin was equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave and a fine flat screen TV. There was plenty of storage for our winter clothes and the room’s heating system was effective although the floor was cold. Since it was below zero every morning, this was understandable. But the heating system for the tiles on the bathroom floor, which would have made the tiles a little less frigid, seemed to be out-of-order. Otherwise, the cabin was nicely decorated and clean. Housekeeping did a good job during our stay.

The bathroom, which occupies one end of the cabin, is separated from the main living area by a thick, floor to ceiling curtain, which must be drawn closed for privacy. The only door in the bathroom leads to a small room containing the toilet.
The glass walled shower, contained two heads: one directly over-head to simulate rain, the other a standard pulsating head mounted on the wall. All the plumbing worked well and the water was hot.

I wish it had been warm enough to sit on our cabin’s front porch. I can imagine sitting on the porch during the summer, watching the sun go down while listening to the birds and chirping crickets.

Since this was business trip, and we were working much of the day, I did not have the opportunity to try out the spa, sauna, fitness center, Jacuzzi or the heated outdoor pool. They all looked inviting. However, we were able to enjoy the breakfast buffet. Great food, many choices. It was maintained by an attentive group of servers and a friendly breakfast chef. The buffet was a high point of our day and got us started each cold morning on the right foot.

Overall, I’d say staying at Rustic Inn, with its tree lined paths, log home exteriors and babbling creek, would be memorable, and enhance a trip to Jackson, Wyoming.

Room Tip: The free-standing cabins offer the most privacy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are elated to read of your pleasnt stay with us during Hill Climb weekend. We pride ourself on being a unique property with a luxurious, western atmosphere, so it is wonderful to know how much you enjoyed everything! We hope to have come back for Hill Climb weekend next year!

Been to Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!